Rose:

Wisconsin vs. Oregon

Fiesta:

Oklahoma State vs. Stanford

Sugar:

Virginia Tech vs. Michigan

Orange:

Clemson vs. West Virginia

So the Sugar Bowl passed on Kansas State & Boise State in favor of VT. The same VT that hasn't beat a ranked team all season. Awful decision by the Sugar Bowl, but I guess they want a strong gate because VT fans will definitely travel. But yeah, VT-Michigan will be a snooze fest.

I'm not mad at the other games, though. I wanted LSU-OSU, but if anybody had a solid case for a rematch it was Alabama. Wisconsin-Oregon should be a dandy, and OK-State/Stanford should be a fun clash of styles.

It is also more football for all fans to enjoy. What is not to like about bowl games?

They are corrupt as all get out-in terms of bribing public officials and misappropriating funds, they ultimately cost most participating institutions money, and are only civic boons if you can actually get a team with a good traveling fanbase to play in your game.

/I'm sure the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce LOVED having BYU 4-5 consecutive years.

Corruption is everywhere and I'm not going to let a few instances taint my enjoyment for college football and the bowl game experience.

I've some of the most fun in my life going to bowl games...whether it was in Atlanta, Memphis, or even Shreveport. Well, I take that back...Shreveport was pretty horrible. Either way, there is nothing like two fanbases invading a totally different city and taking it over...all the restaurants you go to and bars you party in are just filled with fans from both sides. There is just so much excitement and fun outside of the actual game, it's hard not to love.

Pretty much confirmed that Nebraska will be playing my Gamecocks in the Capital One Bowl...only an hour up the road from me, so I'm definitely pumped. Just booked my room and my tickets should charge to my credit card later tonight!

So the Sugar Bowl passed on Kansas State & Boise State in favor of VT. The same VT that hasn't beat a ranked team all season. Awful decision by the Sugar Bowl, but I guess they want a strong gate because VT fans will definitely travel. But yeah, VT-Michigan will be a snooze fest.

*ACC Championship Game JPEG*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Corruption is everywhere and I'm not going to let a few instances taint my enjoyment for college football and the bowl game experience.

If by "few instances" you mean "most of them," than yes. The Fiesta Bowl is a lot more common than idealists would have you believe, and since Bowl Game losses are going to be made up involuntary on the backs of students through fee hikes, I have more than a few ethical issues with the games.

That said...Nebraska bumped Michigan State? U MAD SPARTY?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Awful decision by the Sugar Bowl, but I guess they want a strong gate because VT fans will definitely travel.

Rumor has it, it's really because the B1G pulled strings in order to avoid Michigan having to face Boise State or K-State. Sad if true.

The Big Ten has this pull with the Sugar Bowl? HOW?!

Today, we are all otaku.

So we just annulled the regular season? The Indiana fan in me is really in favor of this idea.

I'm glad the Tide will be playing for the National Championship!!!! ROLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!

Amen to that.

Cue the haters.

The system does suck, alot though.

Neither of you are real Alabama fans unless you've been on Finebaum.

Today, we are all otaku.

I don't even care about the rematch anymore. The fact that VT, who was just thoroughly embarrassed in their conference title game last night, will be playing in a BCS bowl game while the #7 team in the nation (by the BCS' own criteria) will be playing a mediocre 6-6 PAC team in Vegas is disgusting enough.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If Alabama wins by a FG, then who really is the national champion?

The team that won, on the road, by a field goal, or the team that won on a neutral site by a field goal?

This is a joke of the highest degree. The Florida fan in me only hates this even more - I loathe both the Tigers and the Tide with a burning fiery passion.

spacer.png

So we just annulled the regular season? The Indiana fan in me is really in favor of this idea.

I'm glad the Tide will be playing for the National Championship!!!! ROLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!

Amen to that.

Cue the haters.

The system does suck, alot though.

Neither of you are real Alabama fans unless you've been on Finebaum.

Well being in Canada that's kinda hard. I have seen Roll Tide/War Eagle. Some of that crap is just straight up nonsense, those guys aren't Tide fans.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't even care about the rematch anymore. The fact that VT, who was just thoroughly embarrassed in their conference title game last night, will be playing in a BCS bowl game while the #7 team in the nation (by the BCS' own criteria) will be playing a mediocre 6-6 PAC team in Vegas is disgusting enough.

Actually, I just realized... the BCS skipped #6-8 entirely in their OWN RANKINGS.

/headdesk

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived