• Last Reply

Also, the new top 25 is out!

Top 5:

1. Oklahoma

2. LSU

3. Alabama

4. Boise State

5. Florida State

Glad to see the AP actually thought beating Oregon was worth two spots, thought LSU was only going to jump up one for sure. Too bad Alabama will be number two again after they go up to Happy Valley this weekend.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

D1 record for first game attendance. Too bad that will quickly drop off once the novelty wears off and they settle into the WAC.

A winning first year + a NBA lockout will do them favors in San Antonio. Their season ticket base is already at 10,000, but also keep in mind that student fees allow them to get into games at no additional charge and they are set up for 15,000 in the student section. They have the same number of season ticket holders as Houston and more than some WAC teams already (NM State and Utah State).

D1 record for first game attendance. Too bad that will quickly drop off once the novelty wears off and they settle into the WAC.

A winning first year + a NBA lockout will do them favors in San Antonio. Their season ticket base is already at 10,000, but also keep in mind that student fees allow them to get into games at no additional charge and they are set up for 15,000 in the student section. They have the same number of season ticket holders as Houston and more than some WAC teams already (NM State and Utah State).

San Antonio is a big market. Maybe the WAC found it's saving grace.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Markets are meaningless if the conference is no good.

Markets are meaningless if the conference is no good.

True, but having a team in metropolitan Texas can only help the conference. I'm not saying there's a good chance, but if they do well enough in football, UTSA might save the WAC.

Unless they have some crazy good recruiting classes, they're not going to do well. They play two D2 schools, a D3 school currently transitioning to D2, and an NAIA school as part of their inaugural schedule which also includes games against fellow football noobs South Alabama (completing their first year of the transition period to the FBS) and Georgia State, Southland teams Sam Houston State and MeNeese State, and Great West teams UC-Davis and Southern Utah. GSU, MSU, SHSU, and SUU all finished 6-5 last season with South Alabama going 10-0 with a schedule that included 4 FCS schools (including UC-Davis and Georgia State), 4 D2 schools, and 2 NAIA schools.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Only degenerate gamblers pick every single FBS game each week...

Or just really big college football fans? I do the same thing, I just didn't post them. I think it's fun.

Or just really big college football fans? I do the same thing, I just didn't post them. I think it's fun.

yeah i did the whole season...i get bored not having a job and apparently prognosticating is a way for me to fill my day up :rolleyes:

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

No, only gamblers, shut-ins, gamers and high school boys w/o dates look at every NCAA game to make picks.

The CCSLC is elated that you did not post your picks..all but one as we know you picked Oregon on Saturday.

No, only gamblers, shut-ins, gamers and high school boys w/o dates look at every NCAA game to make picks.

The CCSLC is elated that you did not post your picks..all but one as we know you picked Oregon on Saturday.

I think you're being overly judgmental here. I've been like this since I was 12. I've re-read every single preseason magazine multiple times every year. I just love college football. Also, I hoping to become a sports broadcaster someday, so I need to study up :P . I don't see the problem here.

I got no problem with picking all the games. If it's your thing, more power to you. I just have to ask, how many picks are pure guess work? I'm as big a college football fan as anyone but I'd have no idea who to pick in a lot of those games.

BB52Big.jpg

I got no problem with picking all the games. If it's your thing, more power to you. I just have to ask, how many picks are pure guess work? I'm as big a college football fan as anyone but I'd have no idea who to pick in a lot of those games.

Lot's of extra research ^_^ . Research that lead has lead me to go 52/55 last week, and have finished above 95% every year since my freshman year, for ESPN's pick'em ( I guess that doesn't mean much, but it's the only "evidence" of my work at my disposal right now).

Lot's of extra research ^_^ . Research that lead has lead me to go 52/55 last week, and have finished above 95% every year since my freshman year, for ESPN's pick'em ( I guess that doesn't mean much, but it's the only "evidence" of my work at my disposal right now).

I'd be impressed if 95% of those games that you picked weren't FBS school vs. FCS school. I mean seriously, who would ever pick Youngstown State, Southeast Louisiana or UC Davis to win?

Archived