2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Good showing by my alma mater against my alma mater today. Part of me thinks a Rockets upset would have been pretty cool. The other part of me thinks if Ohio State is the 15th best team in the country then there are a lot of really lousy teams from #16 on down. Toledo could have easily won this game. They lost it on the read option on 3rd down on the last series. If the QB keeps it, he walks into the end zone. Anyway, good showing by the Rockets. Which bowl does the 7-5 Big Ten team go to?

I was really pulling for Toledo big time today, I want to see one of these other Ohio schools beat the Buckeyes one day, and I thought this was the best chance.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amused at how little respect a ranked Pac-12 team gets for traveling cross-country to play an ACC school. That is a BCS team, after all!

Right... Duke... A BCS team that lost to FCS Richmond last week.

You mean former ACC champion Duke. Like it or not, it's still a BCS AQ school.

LvZYtbZ.png

Illinois had their biggest margin of victory today since 1944 against South Dakota State. It's really something to see just how big of a difference there is between some of these FCS teams and a team with the talent of Illinois. I'm really excited for next Saturday's game against ASU. We'll get to play a ranked team at home and I think we have a really good shot at winning. And of course I'm looking forward to see what uniform combination ASU comes out in.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Amused at how little respect a ranked Pac-12 team gets for traveling cross-country to play an ACC school. That is a BCS team, after all!

Right... Duke... A BCS team that lost to FCS Richmond last week.

You mean former ACC champion Duke. Like it or not, it's still a BCS AQ school.

blink.gif Yeah. Stanford was sure lucky to barely escape with that win.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Right... Duke... A BCS team that lost to FCS Richmond last week. has a 3 game losing streak to FCS Richmond.

You're an idiot, willmorris. Stop posting.

Fixed for clarification and greater shaming.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wonder who will be coaching UGA next year.

That wasn't a bad game from Georgia, they just made too many mistakes.

Now, I have wonder if Richt is possibly thinking that he might be better off swimming in molten lava then dealing with an obviously pissed off Bulldog fanbase. Even freaking Russ had the look of 'Man, someone get rid of this idiot!'

Oh...my...Jesus. That was the most depressing Georgia game I've ever watched. So close, yet so far away. You can't fault anyone. I mean, Aaron Murray and Isaiah Crowell LOST the game for the Dawgs with three turnovers...yet those two guys were the reason Georgia scored so many points. It's like Georgia played at 90%, but the 10% they screwed...they really screwed. Coaching was good. People were talking about getting rid of Richt because the lack of pulse UGA had against Boise...but man, Georgia had a pulse tonight. That team wanted to win a damn football game. I seriously feel like I just got dumped...

That wasn't a bad game from Georgia, they just made too many mistakes.

Now, I have wonder if Richt is possibly thinking that he might be better off swimming in molten lava then dealing with an obviously pissed off Bulldog fanbase. Even freaking Russ had the look of 'Man, someone get rid of this idiot!'

Mistakes are what get coaches fired more than anything else.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The University of Michigan hopes you are enjoying tonight's game under the lights and invites you to join them for the next such occasion, tentatively scheduled for September 30, 2158.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I feel like we made 4 mistakes all game, and they scored touchdowns on all of them. Our D looked good when the offense wasn't giving USC the ball in UGA territory. Such a depressing game to attend.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Brandon Oliver on Buffalo is a monster.

They're playing freaking Stony Brook. Of course he's going to have big time stats.

BTW, is it me or am I the only one getting that feeling of manly tears watching the Notre Dame-Michigan game at the Big House under the lights? I don't know about you, but Michigan Stadium ought to do more night games because it looks so damn beautiful.

If McGarity has a set, either Dan Mullen or Chris Petersen.

Petersen just signed a five-year extension at Boise State last year, and he definitely doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd randomly up and leave (although I guess you never know anymore). I've heard that quite a few Georgia fans want Urban Meyer to come out of retirement and coach the Dawgs, but that doesn't seem likely either. I agree that Georgia should probably fire Richt, but there doesn't seem to be many good available candidates out there.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Can I aks y'all a question (and yes I really meant to spell it like that)?

Where the hell was this Notre Dame squad last week against South Florida? Are the clovers on their helmets bringing them good luck tonight or something? They look like they wanna win a football game tonight!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Breaking News: Gophers coach Jerry Kill colapses on the sidline and has been carted off.

Watching that happen was very scary. Apparently he has a history of seizures, including one on the sidelines in 2005 while coaching for Southern Illinois. Last time I checked he was in stable condition, so hopefully all is well and he can take his time getting back to the Gopher sideline.

Here is an update on his condition for those who haven't seen yet:

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091011aab.html

Archived