2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Can you blame them WSU is a joke and are unwatchable so their alum goes to see real games.

Actually, the Cougs shredded UNLV worse then Wisconsin today. Yes they have been terrible the last 3 years, but maybe they can get to .500 this year.

Also, has one team sank like a stone faster then Oregon State? They got hammered at home by WSU last year, and destroyed by Stanford and Oregon, and now this year lost to Sac State and got blanked in Wisconsin. I know most of the teams they have lost to are pretty good, but it seemed they were always competitive with those types. Guess they might take the basement in the PAC-12 North.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everybody's going to be all "Instant Classic" about tonight's Notre Dame-Michigan tilt, but this is honestly a terrible game between two mediocre teams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wonder who will be coaching UGA next year.

If McGarity has a set, either Dan Mullen or Chris Petersen.

Petersen just signed a five-year extension at Boise State last year, and he definitely doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd randomly up and leave (although I guess you never know anymore). I've heard that quite a few Georgia fans want Urban Meyer to come out of retirement and coach the Dawgs, but that doesn't seem likely either. I agree that Georgia should probably fire Richt, but there doesn't seem to be many good available candidates out there.

Petersen also knows three things:

1. Boise State has their ceiling, and he's already visited there.

2. Boise State's not going to be invited to a super-conference.

3. In addition to getting paid more, he knows he'd have a ton more resources at a top-tier SEC program than he'll ever have in the Mountain West.

I wonder who will be coaching UGA next year.

If McGarity has a set, either Dan Mullen or Chris Petersen.

Petersen just signed a five-year extension at Boise State last year, and he definitely doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd randomly up and leave (although I guess you never know anymore). I've heard that quite a few Georgia fans want Urban Meyer to come out of retirement and coach the Dawgs, but that doesn't seem likely either. I agree that Georgia should probably fire Richt, but there doesn't seem to be many good available candidates out there.

Petersen also knows three things:

1. Boise State has their ceiling, and he's already visited there.

2. Boise State's not going to be invited to a super-conference.

3. In addition to getting paid more, he knows he'd have a ton more resources at a top-tier SEC program than he'll ever have in the Mountain West.

Petersen also knows some other things:

1- His assistants have left him and will continue to leave to get more $$$ themselves.

2- His AD, who built the program around him, was fired last month.

WTF just occurred in Ann Arbor?

Wow what a minute... If you love offense, to everyone who love defense ugh. Maybe not an instant classic but what a game, very fun to watch.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Wow, what a crazy last minute-and-a-half in Ann Arbor! Incredible game!!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

:08 left, and Michigan goes for a touchdown... yeah they're gonna lo- WHAT THE HELL!?! They scored?! That was a terrible play call that went really well. Michigan got really lucky.

On another note, Darron Thomas throws 6 tds and no one says a word? 69-20 is nothing to scoff at. Oregon might have righted the ship tonight.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I've heard that quite a few Georgia fans want Urban Meyer to come out of retirement and coach the Dawgs

Sorry, we got dibs on Urban Meyer. Part of me wishes Ohio State had lost to Toledo today. If they had, there's no way Luke Fickell gets "interim" removed from the nameplate on his desk. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Luke Fickell, I just think that if Urban Meyer is available and interested, then you have to go get him. If Fickell pulls some sort of 10-2 season out of his behind this season, Ohio State really has no choice but to keep him. So I wish Fickell well...in his new job at whatever MAC school he ends up with. Give me 7-5 - 8-4 this season. It's worth the investment.

Also, Notre Dame - Michigan was a lot of fun but hardly the "instant classic" Brent Musburger just claimed it to be. So, why was it that Notre Dame was ranked to start the season again?

BB52Big.jpg

:08 left, and Michigan goes for a touchdown... yeah they're gonna lo- WHAT THE HELL!?! They scored?! That was a terrible play call that went really well. Michigan got really lucky.

On another note, Darron Thomas throws 6 tds and no one says a word? 69-20 is nothing to scoff at. Oregon might have righted the ship tonight.

What was the terrible play call, going for a TD? Michigan has no kicker, and 8 seconds is plenty of time for an endzone lob.

MegatronSig2.jpg

What was the terrible play call, going for a TD? Michigan has no kicker, and 8 seconds is plenty of time for an endzone lob.

They gotta take one safe shot at a TD with 8 seconds and a time out. If you have a chance to win the game, you take the chance. It was a great call if you ask me.

BB52Big.jpg

Maybe I h ave too much faith in the ESPN announcers, but they were raving on how great MIchigan's kicker was. There were so many ways that could have gone wrong. They got away with one.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Maybe I h ave too much faith in the ESPN announcers, but they were raving on how great MIchigan's kicker was. There were so many ways that could have gone wrong. They got away with one.

They said he had a decent leg in practice. Michigan's field goal unit was the worst in the country last season and the current kicker was from that crew. Suffice it to say Michigan would prefer to avoid using the kicker with the game on the line at all costs, and yes the TD was a good call; there was enough time left to take the shot.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They said he had a decent leg in practice. Michigan's field goal unit was the worst in the country last season and the current kicker was from that crew. Suffice it to say Michigan would prefer to avoid using the kicker with the game on the line at all costs, and yes the TD was a good call; there was enough time left to take the shot.

I just always feel that Michigan will somehow screw up (which isn't a bad assumption).

I'm going to jump on the Darron Thomas Heisman campaign. He's gonna put up big numbers against some pretty mediocre defenses until they face Stanford.

You know what's crazy? Washington State leads the nation in scoring with 61.5 points per game. I know they didn't play great competition, but even still, it looks like they're not the dormat everyone thought they would be.

Archived