2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

This is random, but is anyone else watching College Gameday? They're in Ann Arbor, MI... yet there are at least 3 or 4 Washington State Cougar flags flying out there? I see at least one WSU flag in the background of GameDay EVERY week it seems like. Anyone know what the significance with that is? I mean, c'mon... its WSU!

Believe it or not, WSU has a "network" of fans and alumni that make sure the flag makes it to every College Gameday location. Link.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good friends of mine go to Wazzu. I love visiting that place, good people, and who cares if their Football team hasn't been good for the last few years, it gets too much undeserved hate.

Anyways. Toledo's offense is so exciting. Leading Ohio State just before the half.

EDIT: Nevermind.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This may have been mentioned already, but my alma mater North Texas is debuting its new football stadium tonight against the U. of Houston:

Apogee Stadium

I'm excited for the Mean Green...after all these years playing in such an incredible dump (Fouts Field - was displayed in the movie Necessary Roughness), it's nice to see the program actually start to look like a Division I program. The basketball arena (The Super Pit) is actually a nice facility, but Fouts Field was terrible even when I attended UNT in the early '80s...

EDIT: thought I'd include a pic:

11_488_Mean_Green_Stadium037.jpg?v=4

This may have been mentioned already, but my alma mater North Texas is debuting its new football stadium tonight against the U. of Houston:

Apogee Stadium

I'm excited for the Mean Green...after all these years playing in such an incredible dump (Fouts Field - was displayed in the movie Necessary Roughness), it's nice to see the program actually start to look like a Division I program. The basketball arena (The Super Pit) is actually a nice facility, but Fouts Field was terrible even when I attended UNT in the early '80s...

EDIT: thought I'd include a pic:

11_488_Mean_Green_Stadium037.jpg?v=4

You brought up the Super Pit! thank goodness the Todd Dodge experiment is over.

As for UNT, the stadium is nice, on the other side of the highway from main campus, but that design is basically what all other schools are looking towards, specifically Houston.

Horrible play calling by Toledo on that final drive, they easily could have won this game.

Apparently despite the hot water they're in, Ohio State can still get away with roughing the passer. (you saw that last play, right?)

bYhYmxh.png

Good showing by my alma mater against my alma mater today. Part of me thinks a Rockets upset would have been pretty cool. The other part of me thinks if Ohio State is the 15th best team in the country then there are a lot of really lousy teams from #16 on down. Toledo could have easily won this game. They lost it on the read option on 3rd down on the last series. If the QB keeps it, he walks into the end zone. Anyway, good showing by the Rockets. Which bowl does the 7-5 Big Ten team go to?

BB52Big.jpg

Horrible play calling by Toledo on that final drive, they easily could have won this game.

Apparently despite the hot water they're in, Ohio State can still get away with roughing the passer. (you saw that last play, right?)

Guess I didn't. I was to enamored with how you run the ball on 3rd Down, fail to get a first down and use your last timeout. I found the reffing to be pretty shoddy the entire game actually.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Once again, Auburn pulls one out of their collective ass against Mississippi State. Got to wonder if these close games are going to finally bite them in the ass one of these weeks?

And how about that Iowa-Iowa State game? Triple OT and the Clones get the win!

Guess I didn't. I was to enamored with how you run the ball on 3rd Down, fail to get a first down and use your last timeout. I found the reffing to be pretty shoddy the entire game actually.

The officiating was terrible; missed calls, phantom calls, and plenty of inconsistency.

spacer.png

Amused at how little respect a ranked Pac-12 team gets for traveling cross-country to play an ACC school. That is a BCS team, after all!

Right... Duke... A BCS team that lost to FCS Richmond last week.

You're an idiot, willmorris. Stop posting.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived