NOT MY Thunder Rebrand

bipolarbear

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miles better, but only by default. It took me a minute to figure out exactly what it all was, with the hammer and all. I'm also tired of seeing lightning in Thunder concepts. Plus, when they rebrand, they cannot go to primarily blue. When they do finally commit to their embodiment/definition of thunder, they need to go brown, with a bison theme.

It's really not there in terms of refinement. The conceptual beginnings are fine, but it needs a lot of work, especially the hammer, which is WAY too clunky.

Also, it's VERY, um, "derivative" of Ian Baker's London Glory concept:

ianbakerlondonglory.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Interesting work... ambitious and inspired, but not totally there from an execution standpoint. It doesn't seem like the idea was totally fleshed out to me... I would actually like to see the sketch and thumbnail phase, if there was one. Somebody must've seen Thor recently.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

On the jerseys, I think the chest stripe should match the shorts and jersey arm stripes. Its a solid start but I also would match the number font to the jersey script. The logo almost has too many elements in it but it is still serviceable and I like the close to actual representation of the Norse hammer. I think that's why most people are missing that and its also going to differentiate the work.

Archived