2011-12 European football thread

Viper

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably one of three people on here that care about the Eredivisie, but thanks to its 2-0 shutout of VVV Venlo earlier this afternoon, Ajax has clinched back-to-back championships.:woot:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I'm probably one of three people on here that care about the Eredivisie, but thanks to its 2-0 shutout of VVV Venlo earlier this afternoon, Ajax has clinched back-to-back championships.:woot:

Not true. I still show my love for PSV :P

Also here's that Cisse goal. In Russian, still. Masterpiece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysuQdnA2X_Y&feature=youtu.be

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Spurs also got a 4-1 win at Bolton to keep pace with Newcastle and stay in line for the last Champions League spot if Chelsea loses the final. Should be an exciting last two weeks and let's hope Bayern Munich wins.]

And that goal by Cisse is amazing.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Cisse: Are you kidding me?!

Also: Ten minutes of stoppage?

Tiote had a bad fall and hit the back of his head really hard, and to be stretchered off. 10 minutes was probably a tad much.

Here's a link to the Cisse goal, in English.

The Magpies' win all but eliminates Chelsea from 2012-13 CL contention, leaving Arsenal, Spurs and Magpies to battle it out for the last two spots.

Meanwhile at the bottom end, it looks like Wigan Athletic, who have been given up for dead all season, are going to stay up for another year after all, as QPR, Bolton and Blackburn fight to stay above the drop zone.

CCSLC signature.png

Tiote had a bad fall and hit the back of his head really hard, and to be stretchered off. 10 minutes was probably a tad much.

Simply stunning...I shouted loud enough for people across the hall to hear. What a magnificent goal!

Ten minutes did seem a bit overboard.

Add me to the list praying Bayern win the CL final.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The Magpies' win all but eliminates Chelsea from 2012-13 CL contention, leaving Arsenal, Spurs and Magpies to battle it out for the last two spots.

...unless they win the 2012 CL Final; in that case, only the top three from the league table get CL places for 2012-13.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Simply stunning...I shouted loud enough for people across the hall to hear. What a magnificent goal!

Ten minutes did seem a bit overboard.

Add me to the list praying Bayern win the CL final.

Too bad they did the voting for best goals from the last 20 years of the Premier League. That's easily a Top 10 goal in it's history. I was watching the game on my computer and my windows were open. I probably frightened some neighbours :P.

tumblr_m3eybsHEN31r1fq7do1_500.gif

Some NUFC fan please make this their sig. I want to see it as often as I can because its simply incredible.

Thing is too big, otherwise I so would.

Photobucket doesn't let you edit gifs.

If Arsenal ends up missing the Champions' League next season because of today's effort, heads need to roll at Emirates. They looked pathetic in the first half of a game they need to win.

Update: 3-3 is the final. RVP did his best to pull Arsenal's, well, arses out of the fire, but then the back line went soft one too many more times. Guess I'll have to pull for Bayern Munich on the 19th, so Chelsea doesn't get the 4th spot.

CCSLC signature.png

All I can is about RVP and any other Dutch international that's having a tremendous domestic season (Sneijder not included). They better but in top form come June!

Anyways thank you Norwich! Hopefully we can hand Man City a rare defeat, riding that momentum of the Chelsea win, who knows? WHY THE HELL COULDN'T WE BEAT WIGAN THOUGH!!!! :cursing:

Can't remember the last team that had a chance at a double. (Domestic Title, possible CL title) but couldn't win their league.

I'm looking at you Chelsea.

Archived