2011 NBA Offesason Thread

BigMac12

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talks of Steve Nash to Minnesota for the #2 pick? Who knows from ESPN anymore.......

First the Wolves dangle the #2 overall pick for "Superstar" Andrew Bynum, and now they're making a run at 56-year old Steve Nash. What the hell are these guys thinking right now??

And what good is Nash to the Wolves when they already have a dozen point guards on their roster?

6uXNWAo.png

Talks of Steve Nash to Minnesota for the #2 pick? Who knows from ESPN anymore.......

First the Wolves dangle the #2 overall pick for "Superstar" Andrew Bynum, and now they're making a run at 56-year old Steve Nash. What the hell are these guys thinking right now??

And what good is Nash to the Wolves when they already have a dozen point guards on their roster?

Don't buy much into this, I saw this directly from SportsCenter.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

There are rumors about the Phoenix Suns trading Robin Lopez to the Golden State Warriors for the 11th pick and Ekpe Udo according to KTAR in Phoenix

This is a perfect situation to use the famous Michael Scott "no god no"

The Warriors reportedly offered Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, and Ekpe Udoh for Dwight Howard, I assume it was just for laughs

Above all else, CBA ends on July 9th. Summer League has been canceled. I'm not too hopeful about the NBA starting on time in November, which is a shame considering this past season was one of the most entertaining in recent memory & the NBA's popularity is at an all-time high. I just hope we get to see a shortened season at best.

What do you think the Hawks could try to do this offseason?

The only way I see a player of significance coming here is if Josh Smith gets traded away, which is something the owners probably don't want to do. Horford's the centerpiece, Joe Johnson can't go anywhere, and the PG-tandem of Hinrich and Teague sounds really good. I'm not sure how much cap room the Hawks have (could have).

Crawford's likely gone, Marvin Williams seems to be dead-weight, and the rest of the bench doesn't scare anyone, unless Collins plays against the Magic. At least, that's the vibe I get from listening to talk-radio....

Yeah, Smith is pretty much the only valuable piece of trade-bait that the Hawks have, unless they do some sort of sign-&-trade with Crawford. Then again, sign-&-trades may be extinct by the end of the lockout, so if they're gonna do that, they're gonna have to do it in a hurry. But yeah, if anybody's gonna get traded it will be Smoove. He's an all-star caliber player when he's in his right mind, but last year he was more erratic (seriously. One of the top-five dunkers in the league, one of the best non-center post presences in the league, yet he shoots 3s like they're going out of style. -__-) which is the exact opposite direction that you want a player to go in, & probably while he's the guy who would be going.

I would say trade into the lottery, but I (still) don't trust the Hawks when it comes to the draft & this is projecting to be one of the weaker lottery classes in draft history, so idk. Gonna be an odd offseason around here, especially with the lockout looming.

Also, speaking of trading into the lottery, the Spurs are shopping Tony Parker in an effort to get into the lottery. Wow.

The Spurs built a modern dynasty by making unconventional moves (and drafting Tim Duncan #1 overall), but this would be one of the boldest trades in the history of the franchise if it did go down. For a draft nobody seems to be all that excited about, there sure has been a lot of excitement surrounding it.

How the hell do the Spurs expect anyone to give them a lottery pick for Tony Parker unless David Kahn is involved?

This would be David Kahn's dream starting lineup: Nash, Rubio, Flynn, Parker, Ridnour.

NBA Championship written all over it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

How the hell do the Spurs expect anyone to give them a lottery pick for Tony Parker unless David Kahn is involved?

This would be David Kahn's dream starting lineup: Nash, Rubio, Flynn, Parker, Ridnour.

Not one.... Not two.... Not three....

6uXNWAo.png

Not one.... Not two.... Not three....

I'd fully expect Steve Nash to embrace the roll of Chris Bosh and act like a damn dragon on stage at the Target Center.

Seriously...why give up a budding superstar in Kevin Love for an older Pau Gasol? Why give up your #2 pick for an almost-retired Steve Nash? This stuff makes little, if any, sense at all. Of course, this is the Timberwolves we're talking about.

I always had a feeling that Love could end up in a Lakers uniform, being a UCLA alum and all. This is one of the reasons I can't stand the Lakers...first they get Pau Gasol for virtually nothing, and then they get the one top-talent player that Minnesota does have (if this happens, of course). Yes, they'd lose Gasol, but he's older than Love, and seems, to me at least, more of a role player than Love. I wish other teams could be this lucky.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

This is just twitter fueled crap to make the NBA even more of a one sided league then it already is. No love for the little guy anymore. The T-Wolves won't trade the second pick. If they do it will be for something else in the Top 5 and a player.

Almost landed tickets to the draft tomorrow night with my friends but we decided to watch it from home instead. Anyway I hope the Knicks do the right thing tomorrow and draft what they need and not what they want. As much as I would like to see Jimmer in a Knick uniform, they don't need him. They've got enough shooters and scorers on the team already. I'd much rather see them go with someone like Marshon Brooks or Tristan Thompson if he's available.

This is just twitter fueled crap to make the NBA even more of a one sided league then it already is. No love for the little guy anymore.

There never was.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think it's safe to say we won't have "The Decision" moment in this year's offseason.

Any rumors, news, etc?

Because this year's big free agent is no like James and this year in labor disputes, and no one willing to take the risk, perhaps next year will be Howard, if the Magic's success is still not ideal in this year.

Archived