CFL Pro Combat

raysox

You heard me.

I've done a NFL series before, and I thought it would be fun to do some CFL concepts. In alphabetical order...

1/8 BC Lions

I didn't want black to be a major part of the jerseys, like the all black alt. These two follow the home and road sets. I made a sleeve design complete with piping. I put the alternate claw logo on the sleeves, so there wouldn't be 3 BC logos visible from the side. Also, the logo when backwards would habe the letters backwards. The numbers are located on the sleeves. Lastly, the pants were meant to match the jersey.

BC-1.png

2/8 Calgary Stampeders

This was the last one I did. I like piping, there I said it. But not just piping can be found, I put a shoulder stripe running front to back, studded with black circles making them seem like horseshoes, inspired by the unused alternate logo. I thought the numbers worked well with the set, and it just happened to be the Broncos' set. I decided to make another set with the nike triangle gradient on the sleeves. The gradients are also on the pants stripe.

Calgary.png

3/8 Edmonton Eskimos

I changed the logo. NO BLACK. I didn't realize how bad the logo looked like that. I deleted all forms of black. One thing that works, is the Packers' yellow/green/yellow/green. I didn't like how they had green monochrome, so I matched it with the packers. The sleeve stripes remain the same, and I threw in piping to separate from the Packers. I also didn't put yellow outlines on the numbers.

Edmonton-1.png

4/8 Hamilton Tiger Cats

I decided that a yellow jersey would be very nice. I gave the set tiger stripes, giving it it's own feel. Tiger stripes should be prominent in this set. The yellow socks make the leotard look a non factor. On a unrelated note, I think the Tiger-Cats have the best logos in sports.

Hamilton.png

5/8 Montreal Alouettes

A throwback. The current sets are a mess. Absolutely terrible. I did give them a similar look, with different sleeve colors and underarm/shoulder stripes. One thing you might notice, I changed up the logo set. I changed the colors to Canadiens' colors, cleaned the logo, and returned the AM logo. The helmets return to white, from silver. I chose not to have outlines to match the old sets.

Montreal.png

6/8 Saskatchewan Rough Riders

I went modern with this set. The mesh cuts are black, with white trim balancing out the green. The under sleeves use the wheat pattern fond on the logo. I used the Miami looking two tone numbers on this set, because one team had to do it. The pants stripe matches the jersey pattern.

Saskatchewan.png

7/8 Toronto Argonauts

The jersey is fairly similar to the currents. The only difference is the Nike gradient used once again. I returned the Argonaut logo, which would be a good return with the right colors. I really like the two colors together.

Toronto.png

8/8 Winnipeg Blue Bombers

This is another return to retro set. I made the logo more retro, excluding outlines, with a new set of my own. This follows the Oregon State sleeve stripes, which would look very nice. The chest did seem rather naked, so I threw some piping on.... I have a problem.

Winnipeg.png

So I made these for you guys. Comment!

I actually love the logos used by all CFL teams, and it has a wide variety of colors and jerseys.

Hmm. As a Bombers fan, I'll speak up for the Winnipeg set. I feel like this is pretty close to being really nice, but it's just missing something. I would put a blue outline on the logo on the helmet, since that's how the throwback's one is for starters. And that's actually it. I think you're real close here, I just don't like the outlineless logo.

BC's probably your best overall, I see no flaws there, and I'd put Calgary's second. Hamilton, Montréal, and Toronto's all look nice as well. The Esks' jerseys almost look too plain, and I don't like the logo in lieu of a wordmark. And I think the Riders' one is... interesting I guess. I won't like anything with those damn colours and logo on them, so you shouldn't even listen to me if I talk about it. :P

But really overall, nice job!

6fQjS3M.png

LOVE the white helmet on the Als.

The circle behind the Ti-Cat just doesn't work on a helmet.

Jason on the Argos helmet is beautiful.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Very nicely done. Love the wheat pattern on the Saskatchewan sleeves and the shoulder stripes on Calgary. I think the logo on Winnipeg's helmet needs a blue outline; otherwise the white doesn't stand out enough against the gold. Sad to see the Eskimos' number font dropped, too; they've really run with that over the years and made it their own. It's just different enough from a standard block font to stand out.

Can we PLEASE get rid of that stupid stitching that Nike did in '09 on all the shoulders? I still don't understand why concepts use these.

+1,000,000.

I absolutely hate the shoulder stitching on the 09 Pro Combats. They look like what you'd see if a retarded child tried to spell what a fart sounds like.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Can we PLEASE get rid of that stupid stitching that Nike did in '09 on all the shoulders? I still don't understand why concepts use these.

+1,000,000.

I absolutely hate the shoulder stitching on the 09 Pro Combats. They look like what you'd see if a retarded child tried to spell what a fart sounds like.

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

Just for that explanation.

Really good work here, love the gradient you used on calgary, just a quick tip though, the black background really takes away from your presentation, especially when the pants are black or navy, you can't see them. You're way better off with a light colored background.

I think the Stamps one is a downgrade but everything else is amazing. Montreal would look far better hoisting the Grey Cup in those white unis!

Agree 100%!!! WHile I love the Montreal jersey, I absolutely hate everything else about their uniforms from the very 90's looking logo to the helmet colour, to the silver pants with their stupid pointy strips. For at least 5 years now I keep hoping that this is the season Montreal does a complete re-do of their uni's only to be disappointed.

The funny thing is, they have a wealth of history to draw on, which they sort of looked to with their jerseys (nice update on their 70's look), but sadly thats where it ends. If they would just figure out how to simplify things...somehow make use of those great broad shoulder stripes on the pants and go with either white or blue pants/helmets rather than grey. And get rid of the pointy stripes althogether on the pants for the love of all thats esthetically pleasing!

Finally...the eyebrows or wings they used in the 70's (and seen last year on their retro look), would be a great upgrade from the cartoon skylark-A logo they use now.

Aside from the shoulder stitching, all of these look great.

One small nit pic: Why didn't you put the LCF logo on Montreal's jerseys?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Team by Team-

BC-

I like the orange & white look, but I like black in there too, but no complaints colour wise.

Not sure if those lines on the front of the jerseys are supposed to be claw marks, or something else--but it looks like they have been attacjked--not they are the attackers.

Maybe it's something else.

I'm not feeling the pants stripe either. I'd remove the scratch marks and put the numbers on the shoulders.

Calgary-

This is my team, so I may be more picky about theirs--first-there are some good things about this look, but there are things that bother me about it-

not feeling the gradient, and I hate piping on most sports uniforms--there I said it.

The home unis look like a variation of the unis in Star Trek II.

Lose the piping and the gradient.

Find a way to make the horseshoe not look like the Star Trek unis.

BUT I am glad to see less black--and no black pants--AND red numbers! I love the red numbers.

Their black numbers make no sense to me.

Edmonton--as far as using what the Eskimos have---it's a good job--I'd add a yellow outline on the numbers--but if you were doing a full redesign--I'd change the shades of green & yellow they use to the green & gold throwback they used a couple of years ago--those shades looked good together. But using what they had--this is fine.

Hamilton--they've had so many variations over the years, but mostly similar--this one works with the tiger stripes, but I'd lose the scratch marks, and do something with stripes on the shoulders.

Montreal-Looks good--I'd like to see a blue one as well. And maybe red or blue pants on the road unis. The rest works for me.

Saskatchewan-Overall pretty good, but the two tone numbers don't work for me, and the piping or whatever on the back of the jerseys is distracting me from what is otherwise a good jersey.

Toronto--other than the gradients--I like it--nice work--it stays true to what they have, and ties in to many of the unis they have had.

Winnipeg--remove the piping and you have a winner--they would be the best set of all 8 without the piping. (I know you like piping)

But it distracts me from the rest of the look, which is classic.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived