College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick glance, looks like University of Hawaii.

6305315781_8fedcfb2fc_o.jpg

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Sad to see my dad's alma mater look that way, especially when their normal uniforms are some of the best in college football.

The problem I have with this set is the sleeves and pant insert with the repeitve OHIO. I think a paw pattern or something else would've been better but I agree. Ohio is not green and black. I think this is an instance when less is more.

890cde15c9677eee523b453b07f412a3-getty-130766624.jpg

Finally got a picture.. an ideal matchup for me. I like Illinois' new helmets a lot too

I wish Illinois would go back to the 90s set they had. It was damn near perfect.

Agreed. My favorite part of that 90's set was the striped socks, it was that "cherry on top" that made the uniforms. For college especially, the socks were very unique.

Agreed...these were great.

BrandonLloyd_large.jpg

brandon.jpg

3308215.jpeg

Helmet: perfect, pants: perfect, jerseys: eh, could've used some stripes. Too plain for my tastes.

The jerseys have sleeve stripes that match the stripes on the white socks, it's just hard to see in those pictures.

BrandonLloyd_large.jpg

Helmet: perfect, pants: perfect, jerseys: eh, could've used some stripes. Too plain for my tastes.

The jerseys both had the striping pattern of the socks above, orange-white-navy. It was on the cuffs.

It always bothered me the striping on the sleeves and collar didn't match.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Sad to see my dad's alma mater look that way, especially when their normal uniforms are some of the best in college football.

The problem I have with this set is the sleeves and pant insert with the repeitve OHIO. I think a paw pattern or something else would've been better but I agree. Ohio is not green and black. I think this is an instance when less is more.

I agree, the OHIO on the shoulders look bad. But really, I think people are over reacting to this. Sure, it's not good, but it's not the worst blackout (I'm gonna stop using BFBS. It's a stupid term) we've seen.At least they got the helmet right, which is more than I can say about some other school (I'm looking at you Rutgers). Honestly, had this not had piping, and if they got rid of the OHIO sleeves and replaced them with TV numbers, or just 1 OHIO, these would be one of my favorite blackout sets.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

890cde15c9677eee523b453b07f412a3-getty-130766624.jpg

Finally got a picture.. an ideal matchup for me. I like Illinois' new helmets a lot too

Illinois' NEW helmet?

That's what I was thinking?

Penn State's new helmets look cool too!!

What about those sweet new Penn St. jerseys...I wish they'd stop changing them every year...maybe this will be a permanent set

At the risk of being the guy who doesn't get a joke on the internet...the jerseys are new...

I agree, the OHIO on the shoulders look bad. But really, I think people are over reacting to this. Sure, it's not good, but it's not the worst blackout (I'm gonna stop using BFBS. It's a stupid term) we've seen.At least they got the helmet right, which is more than I can say about some other school (I'm looking at you Rutgers). Honestly, had this not had piping, and if they got rid of the OHIO sleeves and replaced them with TV numbers, or just 1 OHIO, these would be one of my favorite blackout sets.

As far as BFBS uniforms go, it's not THAT bad, but the difference is their regular uniform is terrific. So the gap between how good their regular one is and how bad this one is still bigger than most teams (Stanford, Rutgers, etc...) who break out BFBS uniform.

Seeing these things live, I realize that the OHIO effect things ruins what could've been an amazing uniform. Yes, I even like the pants stripe, which I never thought I would say. It just seems consistent with the uniform, and matches the shoulders. I'm telling you: replace the 1000 OHIOs with 1, and that is one epic uniform.

Wow I never thought I'd say that.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Well folks, Ohio just beat Temple, and now they are bowl eligible, and 2-0 in black. I have a feeling we might see the black more...

I really don't like the shoulder pattern on the Bobcats uniforms, but I really like the overall black uniform. I thought they actually looked okay live instead of the picture in the locker room. This look was much better than the white helmet look by far.

spacer.png

Well folks, Ohio just beat Temple, and now they are bowl eligible, and 2-0 in black. I have a feeling we might see the black more...

Is it awful of me that when teams roll out ridiculous uniforms like this, I root for them to lose so they'll have a "bad omen"? I did the same thing to Oregon for the title game last season...

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived