College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a 2012 change, but I just saw it break.

ByTimReynolds Tim Reynolds Breaking news: Miami says football team will not wear green jerseys in 2012.

Lame. With all the alternates from other schools, why drop yours?

Maybe they don't feel like some small-time program that needs constant uniform gimmicks to attract attention.

I'm not sure that theory holds much weight, considering Miami has been a Pro Combat team 2/3 years, and the fact that Nike seems to change their uniform every four seasons.

It's just Al Golden with his mentoring from Joe Pa at Penn State. He said this year that Miami will only wear orange and white. I like us with orange pants on the road. We look classy, and would look better with our 1980's unifomrs.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The gold block "M" has been a mainstay for the past 16 seasons, clearly the most successful in the program's history and I have no reason to believe they'll move away from that or the helmet striping scheme. However, I can foresee a scenario where the Tigers adopt a white alternate helmet (as a handful of SEC programs have done) which might use the tiger head logo (just the head, not the oval tiger head logo which appears on the present jerseys) since the gold decal would not show up very well against a white background.

Other than Kentucky's white helmet, what other SEC teams have an alt helmet? Other than UGA and LSU's Pro Combats this year, I can't think of any...

You could maybe argue Florida who has flirted with a white helmet various times. It was seen with the throwback set with the plain block F, and then again with the Pro Combats where it was worn twice (with the PC set and then with the regular set in the SEC Champ game).

The gold block "M" has been a mainstay for the past 16 seasons, clearly the most successful in the program's history and I have no reason to believe they'll move away from that or the helmet striping scheme. However, I can foresee a scenario where the Tigers adopt a white alternate helmet (as a handful of SEC programs have done) which might use the tiger head logo (just the head, not the oval tiger head logo which appears on the present jerseys) since the gold decal would not show up very well against a white background.

Other than Kentucky's white helmet, what other SEC teams have an alt helmet? Other than UGA and LSU's Pro Combats this year, I can't think of any...

You could maybe argue Florida who has flirted with a white helmet various times. It was seen with the throwback set with the plain block F, and then again with the Pro Combats where it was worn twice (with the PC set and then with the regular set in the SEC Champ game).

So pretty much to sum it up, the only SEC teams that have a permanent alt helmet are the 3 bottom tier teams, and at that only Kentucky has a white.

Don't think this has been posted yet so here's a graphic of the decal UGA wore for Larry Munson against Tech on the back of their helmets on the stripe between the numbers.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=i541.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

ByTimReynolds Tim Reynolds Breaking news: Miami says football team will not wear green jerseys in 2012.

Maybe they don't feel like some small-time program that needs constant uniform gimmicks to attract attention.

I'm not sure that theory holds much weight, considering Miami has been a Pro Combat team 2/3 years, and the fact that Nike seems to change their uniform every four seasons.

Exactly. They were some of the originals to do that.

So pretty much to sum it up, the only SEC teams that have a permanent alt helmet are the 3 bottom tier teams, and at that only Kentucky has a white.

Alabama, Mississippi State, LSU, Florida and Texas A&M have used white alternate helmets in the past. Apologies if my initial statement was unclear. I did not intend to say that any teams have a "permanent" white alternate.

Alabama, Mississippi State, LSU, Florida and Texas A&M have used white alternate helmets in the past. Apologies if my initial statement was unclear. I did not intend to say that any teams have a "permanent" white alternate.

Alabama wore a white helmet?

Edit: The number of posts I have now matches the year I was born. Epicness.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

692avm-1.jpg

692avm-1.jpg

Mississippi white helmet: 2000-2008

LSU: 1997, 2009, 2011

Florida: 2006, 2009

Texas A&M: 2009

Alabama: 1983-1984

I don't think Alabama belongs in the same group as these teams.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

692avm-1.jpg

Me niether.

Why shouldn't they be grouped with those teams? They're part of the SEC and they wore an alternate white helmet, therefore they're part of the teams that wore a white helmet.

Because they did it in the early 80's, look how recent the other teams on the list did it.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

It's just Al Golden with his mentoring from Joe Pa at Penn State. He said this year that Miami will only wear orange and white. I like us with orange pants on the road. We look classy, and would look better with our 1980's unifomrs.

A newspaper or someone said that, but he never comfirmed that he said it anywhere that I saw.

A newspaper or someone said that, but he never comfirmed that he said it anywhere that I saw.

I actually made a post about that in the last NCAA uniforms thread. I think I linked to an interview with him where he said he didn't know anything about that.

692avm-1.jpg

Me niether.

First off, aTm is entering its pledge stage, which doesn't really start till next season and will not be seen as a real member till 5 years of pledge-ship. So talk to me about them after 2017.

Not sure about those 'bama lids, that looks to close to Cocky's in that image for me...strange, I've never seen those before. What games did they wear those for?

As for the rest, They were either all one time only (NPC) or a bottom tier so I really don't see that as being a "trend" in the SEC. With Mizzu coming into their pledge period I don't think they should throw out their iconic gold block M on black. Personally I have no problem with them making it matte black, just don't make it white. That's not the Mizzu team that the SEC accepted, so simply be who you are and stick with it, don't change it up just because you made it to the big league.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

692avm-1.jpg

Me niether.

Not sure about those 'bama lids, that looks to close to Cocky's in that image for me...strange, I've never seen those before. What games did they wear those for?

http://www.mghelmets.com/index.html

Go to NCAA, SEC, then Alabama. 1983-1984.

Alabama wore white alternate helmets, usually on the road, for several years under Coach Bryant and even before that when they had leather helmets they were white

http://www.mghelmets.com/index.html

Go to NCAA, SEC, then Alabama. 1983-1984.

Their years are a little off, they wore them under Bryant, as seen in the "Roll Tide, War Eagle" documentary, and he retired after the 1982 season.

Archived