College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Nike carried over the design, but during their tenure silver was promoted to a main color (it was primarily an accent color in the logo and uniform). I remember there were two away jerseys during that period: the first had silver numbers outlined in black against the white jersey and was deemed too hard to read. The second had black numbers outlined in silver. The only thing that bugged me during the Nike era was they didn't use the green jersey for any regular season games (only used during the Spring game after Nike's contract expired).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike carried over the design, but during their tenure silver was promoted to a main color (it was primarily an accent color in the logo and uniform). I remember there were two away jerseys during that period: the first had silver numbers outlined in black against the white jersey and was deemed too hard to read. The second had black numbers outlined in silver. The only thing that bugged me during the Nike era was they didn't use the green jersey for any regular season games (only used during the Spring game after Nike's contract expired).

weren't the black numbers only used in the sugar bowl?..I thought they switched from the silver numbers to green but I could be wrong.

weren't the black numbers only used in the sugar bowl?..I thought they switched from the silver numbers to green but I could be wrong.

Only the Reebok away jersey had green numbers outlined in black. When Nike took over in 2005 (I think) they had silver numbers outlined in black, but reversed the colors soon after for legibility (funny how the home jerseys remained almost illegible with green outlined in white on black). I'm pretty sure the black numbers were present for the 2006 and 2007 seasons.

Reebok created the design. Timmy Chang was the QB before Colt Brennan. Nike didn't change a whole lot about the look.

Yup. Prtty obvious in the bottom pic.

Maybe what he's saying is that Reebok is what made him love Nike.

I am saying that modern designs is what made me love Nike. I love how they have tested different materials, striping, and made the football uniform a form of art.

Yes, but Nike did not come up with the Hawaii design in question, Reebok did.

I am just going by the pictures show in post #3763. Those are Nike right?

Yes, but Nike just put the Reebok design on their template. They had nothing to do with the actual design of the uniform.

After further research you are correct that Nike stole the design of Reebok...but either way, it was when Colt Brennan was there that I actually paid attention to their uniform, which Nike sponsored at the time.

Does that "further research" include "looking at the last picture?"

Reebok created the design. Timmy Chang was the QB before Colt Brennan. Nike didn't change a whole lot about the look.

Yup. Prtty obvious in the bottom pic.

Maybe what he's saying is that Reebok is what made him love Nike.

I am saying that modern designs is what made me love Nike. I love how they have tested different materials, striping, and made the football uniform a form of art.

Nevermind...

just say you were wrong for once.

"you were wrong for once"

I clearly stated after further review that he was correct. What is your point other than trolling?

Thta you didn't need to say anything else after "you were correct." Your logic was wrong, so it is irrelevant that Nike sponsored them during a time in which they wore a design created by Reebok. Not trolling, just tired of irrelevant excuses.

Maybe some of you Hawaii fans can help with a question I have: did the Warriors ever wear a silver-black-silver combo? I could have sworn they did a few years back and looked for a picture for my original post, but came up empty. I just remember seeing what I thought was silver-black-silver once and thinking it was very sharp.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Maybe some of you Hawaii fans can help with a question I have: did the Warriors ever wear a silver-black-silver combo? I could have sworn they did a few years back and looked for a picture for my original post, but came up empty. I just remember seeing what I thought was silver-black-silver once and thinking it was very sharp.

Yessir, against San Diego State

120406colteu7.jpg

I liked the silver/black/black too

6422662-md.jpg

Ah, yes! I knew I wasn't crazy :P man, that's sharp. Thanks Wyo!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yessir, against San Diego State

120406colteu7.jpg

I liked the silver/black/black too

6422662-md.jpg

shows you what a bunch of poseurs nike and oregon are...hawaii was the real trend setter in cfb

So I take it I am the only one clinging to the idea that Hawaii uniforms would look real sharp with a rainbow on them?...

not a great full time uni but would make for a great throwback.

I used to look forward to seeing those on as a kid around xmas when hawaii was a regular in the 2nd tier bowl circuit beating up on some ususpecting mid-western school...must have sucked to get beaten by a team that wore rainbow pants.

So I take it I am the only one clinging to the idea that Hawaii uniforms would look real sharp with a rainbow on them?...

Well since rainbows are generally used to represent the homosexuals, I don't think that's a very good idea. Also with how touchy people are today they would probably have a problem with it. Not to mention, try recruiting ATHLETES when you're main selling point is rainbows!

Well since rainbows are generally used to represent the homosexuals, I don't think that's a very good idea. Also with how touchy people are today they would probably have a problem with it. Not to mention, try recruiting ATHLETES when you're main selling point is rainbows!

radical_rainbow_dash_by_cripplergfx-d4go87d.jpg

Sign me up.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

radical_rainbow_dash_by_cripplergfx-d4go87d.jpg

Sign me up.

^this^ is why the PAC12 is...well its why they aren't up to SEC standards. You recruit your middle linebackers off of pretty rainbows and backgrounds from itunes visual player. We recruit with the knowledge that if they come to a SEC school they can be sculpted into a immovable object capable of stopping Heisman caliber RBs.

I think they Hawaii rainbow stripes could be pulled off if done correctly. Use an altered color scheme so the colors are dark and deeper and possibly a gradient fade like the original VT (lord be with them in this time, finals week is stressfull enough without the fear of gunmen) ProCombat uniforms.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived