College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Say what you will about 'BFBS'.... those black Ohio unis look :censored:in' sweet!

When Nike or UA do BFBS they're at least original in how they implement it. Russel just took one of their crappier templates and added small OHIO wordmarks over the shoulder areas. Then they wear a white helmet devoid of black with their cool new slick sick solider black uniforms. Even as far as BFBS goes, these were pretty sloppy.

I agree, but it was his opinion, and he is allowed to have it. You don't have to jump on everyone you think is wrong and tell them why they're wrong (even though it's a completely subjective thing).

He expressed his opinion, I expressed mine. Me disagreeing with him =/= me jumping all over him.

Exactly. I don't care if you wanna sit and spout a hundred posts saying how it's ugly. But people in here and say their feelings as it's the absolute fact and nothing can change it. People sit on here and say schools just jump on the BFBS because they want to make more money or because everyone's doing but this Ohio uniform shows it's not the manufacturers or the schools wanting it, it's the players that love it, they asked for it and they want it. You (not meaning exactly you) saying but it's ugly and whatever doesn't matter. Players get pumped for a new black uniform, I think the Maryland captains choosing what they wear is a genius idea. They choose the school, they choose to play the game, if they have the opportunity to choose what jerseys, helmets, etc then let them, who cares what they look like. If they're having fun and love the uniforms then let them.

Complain all you want but it's not a fact that they're ugly, it your opinion, just in this case it means jack s**t.

See, I just don't get this opinion of yours. Our opinions don't matter? Pardon me, but when have they ever bloody mattered, honestly? When has my opinion, your opinion, or Creamer's opinion mattered in the slightest? They haven't, and you're not bringing us some grand revelation by informing us of this fact.

No one posts here with the notion that their opinion is the be-all and end-all. We're all aware that we're just logo and uniform/sports aesthetic enthusiasts posting here because we like to talk about this sort of thing and we like sharing our opinions on the subject matter. That's all it's ever been. No one's under the impression that we're posting THE "BIG T" TRUTH.

So when you say stuff like "your opinion means jack s**t" you're really just being combative for the sake of it (and when I'm calling you out on that you know you might have a problem :P ). When you say stuff like that you're essentially saying "no one needs to post here ever, because none of our opinions really matter at all." It also comes across as "I don't want to read the opinions of people who disagree with me."

So I'm sorry if you feel this way. I know my opinion means "jack s**t" when it comes to Ohio's supercoolslick BFBS uniforms, but that's nothing new. My opinion, and yours for that matter, has never really mattered. I'm going to keep sharing my opinion, though, because that's why we're here. I hope you do as well ;)

That has not been my experience on this board. In fact, quite the opposite.

Your experience? All five months of it? ;)

I hate to shatter the fragile Goldstein-like image some posters have built around Kevin W., but as obnoxious as he was (and he was VERY obnoxious) he never came across as MY OPINION IS FACT AND THAT'S THAT. He just couldn't share his opinion without coming off like a jackass, but that's not quite the same thing. Everyone here can get opinionated at times, but we all know that, at the end of the day, we're only just expressing my opinion.

I don't mean it as an insult when I say you may need to get a thicker skin if you keep interpreting someone sharing their opinion as presenting it as the be-all-and-end-all truth.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say what you will about 'BFBS'.... those black Ohio unis look :censored:in' sweet!

When Nike or UA do BFBS they're at least original in how they implement it. Russel just took one of their crappier templates and added small OHIO wordmarks over the shoulder areas. Then they wear a white helmet devoid of black with their cool new slick sick solider black uniforms. Even as far as BFBS goes, these were pretty sloppy.

I agree, but it was his opinion, and he is allowed to have it. You don't have to jump on everyone you think is wrong and tell them why they're wrong (even though it's a completely subjective thing).

He expressed his opinion, I expressed mine. Me disagreeing with him =/= me jumping all over him.

Exactly. I don't care if you wanna sit and spout a hundred posts saying how it's ugly. But people in here and say their feelings as it's the absolute fact and nothing can change it. People sit on here and say schools just jump on the BFBS because they want to make more money or because everyone's doing but this Ohio uniform shows it's not the manufacturers or the schools wanting it, it's the players that love it, they asked for it and they want it. You (not meaning exactly you) saying but it's ugly and whatever doesn't matter. Players get pumped for a new black uniform, I think the Maryland captains choosing what they wear is a genius idea. They choose the school, they choose to play the game, if they have the opportunity to choose what jerseys, helmets, etc then let them, who cares what they look like. If they're having fun and love the uniforms then let them.

Complain all you want but it's not a fact that they're ugly, it your opinion, just in this case it means jack s**t.

See, I just don't get this opinion of yours. Our opinions don't matter? Pardon me, but when have they ever bloody mattered, honestly? When has my opinion, your opinion, or Creamer's opinion mattered in the slightest? They haven't, and you're not bringing us some grand revelation by informing us of this fact.

No one posts here with the notion that their opinion is the be-all and end-all. We're all aware that we're just logo and uniform/sports aesthetic enthusiasts posting here because we like to talk about this sort of thing and we like sharing our opinions on the subject matter. That's all it's ever been. No one's under the impression that we're posting THE "BIG T" TRUTH.

So when you say stuff like "your opinion means jack s**t" you're really just being combative for the sake of it (and when I'm calling you out on that you know you might have a problem :P ). When you say stuff like that you're essentially saying "no one needs to post here ever, because none of our opinions really matter at all." It also comes across as "I don't want to read the opinions of people who disagree with me."

So I'm sorry if you feel this way. I know my opinion means "jack s**t" when it comes to Ohio's supercoolslick BFBS uniforms, but that's nothing new. My opinion, and yours for that matter, has never really mattered. I'm going to keep sharing my opinion, though, because that's why we're here. I hope you do as well ;)

Your experience? All five months of it? ;)

I hate to shatter the fragile Goldstein-like image some posters have built around Kevin W., but as obnoxious as he was (and he was VERY obnoxious) he never came across as MY OPINION IS FACT AND THAT'S THAT. He just couldn't share his opinion without coming off like a jackass, but that's not quite the same thing. Everyone here can get opinionated at times, but we all know that, at the end of the day, we're only just expressing my opinion.

I don't mean it as an insult when I say you may need to get a thicker skin if you keep interpreting someone sharing their opinion as presenting it as the be-all-and-end-all truth.

I guess it just seemed like everyone was being an :censored: when he started posting. I think it rubbed off. I will say, it's gotten much better since he left.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Did you see how hyped those players were? THAT is why they won that game, I have no problem with them getting their players excited like that for the big rivalry game if it's just by wearing a different colored uniform for one game.

If you're playing any sport at this level you shouldn't need special outfits to pump you up. Playing your rival should be enough.

Agreed. If you need clothes to motivate your players you are a crappy coach.

(Granted it is Frank Solich, so the point actually confirms itself.)

Yeah totally agree that having 100+ wins, most wins among Nebraska coaches, coaching players such as Ahman Green and Hesiman winning Eric Crouch and Coming back to his home state to help rejuvenate a hurting program can be considered a terrible coach. :/

Well there is the key issue at hand. Which is that if you're playing competitive football at this level you shouldn't need a special outfit to pump you up for a game against a rival.

As for Mr. Solich's coaching ability, I wouldn't hold Eric Crouch up as an example of his best work.

Also, this may be my inexperience talking in terms of following NCAA football, but I have to think that something went wrong when you go from coaching the Nebraska Cornhuskers to coaching the Ohio Bobcats.

I guess it just seemed like everyone was being an :censored: when he started posting. I think it rubbed off. I will say, it's gotten much better since he left.

It did, and you'll have that. When someone starts being a jackass everyone else steps up the jackass-ery to, more or less, stand up for themselves.

All I'm saying is that when someone responds to your opinion with an opinion of their own it's not them saying "you are wrong and I posses the infallible truth." They're just sharing their opinion, like you did in the first place. That's kind of the point of a message board. Discussion and all that jazz.

Well there is the key issue at hand. Which is that if you're playing competitive football at this level you shouldn't need a special outfit to pump you up for a game against a rival.

As for Mr. Solich's coaching ability, I wouldn't hold Eric Crouch up as an example of his best work.

Also, this may be my inexperience talking in terms of following NCAA football, but I have to think that something went wrong when you go from coaching the Nebraska Cornhuskers to coaching the Ohio Bobcats.

Eric Crouch was a great college QB that's what Solich taught him for. Solich ran the Option which Isn't exactly molded for the NFL so Crouch's problem and lack of NFL career isn't something that should be put on the shoulders of Solich.

As far going from Nebraska to Ohio.. When you have Steve Pederson a new AD come in and his first year was a down 7-7 season and then his 2nd year his gives Solich the boot after a 9-3 saying "let Nebraska gravitate into mediocrity" and then hires Bill Callahan to mess things worse.. That's how you go from Nebraska to Ohio.

As for needing the uniform I don't think it was the uniform that gave Ohio the big win over Marshall. Did it make the players happy and excited to wear them? Yes. Did the uniforms actually win the game? No. But having new uniforms that they wanted for over 2 years does give a spark to those players as you can see from the video. But you can't say that new uniforms gave them the attitude to win, seeing as they already won 2 games previous to that. They would've won in any uniform vs Marshall, but it does give an extra spark to the fire to win bigger over a rival.

spacer.png

Did you see how hyped those players were? THAT is why they won that game, I have no problem with them getting their players excited like that for the big rivalry game if it's just by wearing a different colored uniform for one game.

If you're playing any sport at this level you shouldn't need special outfits to pump you up. Playing your rival should be enough.

Agreed. If you need clothes to motivate your players you are a crappy coach.

(Granted it is Frank Solich, so the point actually confirms itself.)

Yeah totally agree that having 100+ wins, most wins among Nebraska coaches, coaching players such as Ahman Green and Hesiman winning Eric Crouch and Coming back to his home state to help rejuvenate a hurting program can be considered a terrible coach. :/

You forgot the part where Nebraska shat the bed in every game against an opponent of equal or greater talent under his watch.

Edit....

Wait, when did Solich become Tom Osborne? Solich is only 3rd on the all time win list and assuming Bo Pelini doesn't die of an aneurysm before then he'll hit 4th in 2 or 3 years.

2nd Edit Ahman Green was also a Tom Osborne product you git.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Are we thinking of the same person (who we all miss) right now?

Correction: That you miss. I don't believe he should have been banned, because I think he thought he was doing the right thing, but now that he is gone, I realize that it was for the best. This forum has been a much better without him. It hurts me to say that because i really do feel sorry for him, but it is what it is.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You forgot the part where Nebraska shat the bed in every game against an opponent of equal or greater talent under his watch.

Edit....

Wait, when did Solich become Tom Osborne?  Solich is only 3rd on the all time win list and assuming Bo Pelini doesn't die of an aneurysm before then he'll hit 4th in 2 or 3 years.

2nd Edit Ahman Green was also a Tom Osborne product you git.

Solich has 58 Wins, Osbourne has 55, Devaney has 53.  

Solich was the running backs coach for Nebraska while the same time Ahman Green played there. So you cant tell me that Solich didn't have a hand in Ahman Green's college career and upbringing.

spacer.png

1. You're missing a 2 in the hundreds place for Osborne and I don't know where the :censored: you got 53 for Devaney but it's off by 48---errr check that figured it out and comparing records over the first 6 seasons is goddamn apples and oranges when you factor in total available games and scheduling practices.

Of course I could also point out that Solich's glory days came with Osborne's players.

2. Hey may have had a hand, but the entire Nebraska system also has a hand.

Look dude, I was raised a Nebraska fan, do not debate this with me. Solich spent his entire career coaching like a late stage Lloyd Carr or Jim Tressel in which he showed up with his team and if Nebraska had a definite talent advantage he won and if he didn't Nebraska got depantsed on national television in horrifying fashion. You could get similar results with a trained chimpanzee assuming you don't let recruiting and conditioning go to hell.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Correction: That you miss. I don't believe he should have been banned, because I think he thought he was doing the right thing, but now that he is gone, I realize that it was for the best. This forum has been a much better without him. It hurts me to say that because i really do feel sorry for him, but it is what it is.

Well you're still here, so it hasnt been too much better

Ok, I've been ignoring you for the past few weeks, but I've had enough. Just stop. Ever since Kevin W. left, it seems you have felt the need to replace him, except you;re worse at it. At least Kevin W. tried to make a coherent argument. You're just being a troll (and yes, this is the correct usages of the word right now) to stir up trouble. You've even said it yourself that you've missed him because he "spiced things up". No, he just made this board more chaotic and in general a less pleasant place to be. And why the hell have you just been attacking me? What have i ever done to you? You used to be a pretty reasonable guy, and now you're just a prick who is hell bent on my destruction. I am asking you to stop. Take this as a hint to start acting like you used to. I've greatly improved over the past few months because I realized that I was being a prick a lot of the time. This should be a wake up call. STOP!

Well you sure aren't helping things either.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

To steal (and alter) a quote from Moneyball (which I saw today, recommend it to baseball fans) There's the good posters, then there's me, then there's 50 feet of crap, then there's spleen

Given that that quote appeared in virtually every promotion for that movie longer than, say, 30 seconds, I suspect most of us didn't really need the attribution.

Oh, and the word you're looking for is "paraphrase."

I like how this thread has degenerated into personal attacks... wait, no I don't.

On topic:

Maryland still evidently uses their wordmark and Testudo logo in everything else (women's volleyball, for example). It's just the football team that feels the need to be "different".

That makes me dislike Maryland's "identity shift" even more. It's one thing to have slight identity variations between mens' sports uniforms and womens' sports uniforms (Tennessee adding blue to the Lady Vols' identity, etc.) but having a drastic change for just one sport seems pretty tacky. It either makes every other sports logo look outdated or... well, no that's exactly what it does.

Come on Maryland, get your stuff straight.

To steal (and alter) a quote from Moneyball (which I saw today, recommend it to baseball fans) There's the good posters, then there's me, then there's 50 feet of crap, then there's spleen

Given that that quote appeared in virtually every promotion for that movie longer than, say, 30 seconds, I suspect most of us didn't really need the attribution.

Uhh... no its not

Uhh... no its not

nym you bolded what you were talking about.

Uhh... no its not

Fair enough. What you did certainly wasn't paraphrasing. I stand corrected. It was just lazy.

So...Oregon's first road uniform outing, what does everyone got?

Me, I'm thinking Black, White w/ Silver, White

Why? Well they seem to want to wear different stuff this year and last time we played 'Zona we won in the white w/silver uniforms, soooooo yeah, really no reasoning behind it lol.

So...Oregon's first road uniform outing, what does everyone got?

Me, I'm thinking Black, White w/ Silver, White

Why? Well they seem to want to wear different stuff this year and last time we played 'Zona we won in the white w/silver uniforms, soooooo yeah, really no reasoning behind it lol.

I'm hoping they break out something totally new. A matte silver helmet with a green O, grey jersey with green numbers and silver wings, and green pants. That would be interesting.

Archived