College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...Oregon's first road uniform outing, what does everyone got?

Me, I'm thinking Black, White w/ Silver, White

Why? Well they seem to want to wear different stuff this year and last time we played 'Zona we won in the white w/silver uniforms, soooooo yeah, really no reasoning behind it lol.

I'm hoping they break out something totally new. A matte silver helmet with a green O, grey jersey with green numbers and silver wings, and green pants. That would be interesting.

Matte silver? So grey? :P

Question. Is the NCAA gray gloves rule no longer in effect? Seems like alot of teams (lower divisions too) have players wearing gloves of every color except gray.

Yeah it's gone as of this year

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

So...Oregon's first road uniform outing, what does everyone got?

Me, I'm thinking Black, White w/ Silver, White

Why? Well they seem to want to wear different stuff this year and last time we played 'Zona we won in the white w/silver uniforms, soooooo yeah, really no reasoning behind it lol.

I'm hoping they break out something totally new. A matte silver helmet with a green O, grey jersey with green numbers and silver wings, and green pants. That would be interesting.

Matte silver? So grey? :P

Well, matte grey. Not like Washington state grey. But yeah, i guess that's what I meant :P

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

WR #7 TJ Jones for Notre Dame has a backwards ND patch on his right shoulder

Also Michael Floyd's jersey is tweaked in such a way it looks like the ND patch on his shoulder is on the back.

Gotta love these Techfit jerseys

My thoughts of some of the early games

Pittsburgh-Notre Dame: Looks like a spring game. I would have loved to see Pitt come out in solid blue, especially a blue lid, that would look great for Pitt

North Carolina-Georgia Tech: UNC looks good in their basic unis, Tech in their '09 "throwbacks" not so much. Really disappointed Georgia Tech went back to that template

SMU-Memphis: terrible looking game. SMU's sleeve stripes are IMO the worst on the Tech Fit. Memphis looks terrible in half the Miami template

Georgia-Ole Miss: Great looking game.

Maryland-Temple: Another Maryland game, another terrible look. Temple looked much better, and played much better

Watching the Georgia Miss game earlier I noticed the backup QB on the Ole Miss sidelines was wearing a red jersey. What's the deal?

It's a method used to signal in plays. It's make him easier to be seen.

Ah that makes sense, I wonder if his blue jersey is somewhere on the sideline in case the starter gets hurt.

Some thoughts on the 12:30 games

Cal-Washington: Love the blue-white-gold from Cal, not a fan of gold-purple-white from UW. Gold pants look so much better. The piping on UW's unis is terrible too

Florida State-Clemson: Clemson in all orange again. I like when teams are superstitious. I think wearing a combo you won a big game in last week is cool. FSU always looks great no matter what combo they wear

Colorado-Ohio State: Love the gold-white-black for the Buffs, one of my favorite raod looks in all of college football. Ohio State looks pretty good as always, not great, but pretty good.

Oklahoma State-Texas A&M: Okie State is grey lids, which I kinda like, but the grey pants are much lighter, doesnt look good. Really like A&M's maroon-maroon-white look

Arkansas-Alabama: Bama looks great like they always do. I love their white socks with black/white cleats, that has a classic feel to it, works great with Bama's unis. Arkansas' white jerseys are much better than their red.

Archived