New Western Michigan Helmet

thespleenenator

Hmmmmm, let's see, we've had a helmet with a W on it, and we've had a bronco helmet. What do we do for a new helmet? HEY, I know:

DSC_4937_JPG_475x310_q85.jpg

This might be the least creative helmet ever. Plus they stole UW's W.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Spleen -That isn't Washington's W.

33-49994-J.jpg

If not an exact replica, extremely close.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Hmmmmm, let's see, we've had a helmet with a W on it, and we've had a bronco helmet. What do we do for a new helmet? HEY, I know:

DSC_4937_JPG_475x310_q85.jpg

This might be the least creative helmet ever. Plus they stole UW's W.

That's the toughest Western Michigan will ever look.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

@Spleen -That isn't Washington's W.

33-49994-J.jpg

If not an exact replica, extremely close.

Not really. They're both upper case W's with serifs if that's what you mean. UW has a unique center point with different weights on either side of it. If it's bad, just say its bad. Don't accuse them of ripping somebody off and then produce evidence that doesn't back it up.

I think stripes on the helmet to match the shoulder stripes to go along with the W would look a whole lot better.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

its also the Boise state logo, isn't it?

I think they had it before Boise had theirs. I believe it was unveiled shortly after the Denver Broncos unveiled their Bronco head in the late 90's.

I think the helmet logo is fine. It's not really an improvement, but they didn't go with anything offensively stupid. I do wish, though, that they'd wear brown jerseys.

Agreed. University of Washington Broncos. That's what I see.

Might as well say it looks just like Wisconsin too. They have a W. So Oregon and Oklahoma are the same too? They both have O's on the helmet? Same with Syracuse and Stanford, both S. Miami and Utah, both U. Idaho and Iowa State, I's. CRAP, even Akron and Arizona both use A's. I better call our AD and have them change it before people around here start calling us out for it.

It's like every school is copying another one! #sarcasm

Might as well say it looks just like Wisconsin too. They have a W. So Oregon and Oklahoma are the same too? They both have O's on the helmet? Same with Syracuse and Stanford, both S. Miami and Utah, both U. Idaho and Iowa State, I's. CRAP, even Akron and Arizona both use A's. I better call our AD and have them change it before people around here start calling us out for it.

That might be the dumbest comment I have seen in a long time. Do you really think Washington and Wisconsin's W's are similar?

That might be the dumbest comment I have seen in a long time. Do you really think Washington and Wisconsin's W's are similar?

clearly the sarcasm was lost in the text.

He's saying that there's only so many ways to display a letter, of course there are going to be similarities

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived