Cowboys Pants

seahawk9

Yes, it seems as though teams in the NFL (except the Bills), are holding off making changes to their uniforms until Nike takes over next year. If I remember correctly., Jerry Jones said something about having a desire to standardize the blues and silvers on the Cowboys uniforms.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

I think we all know they are heading towards navy and silver blandness, but I wish they would go back to the '70s look. Dark royal blue with a bluish silver. Aside from the green pants, the Cowboys' home uni is iconic. It would be a shame if they switched to navy numbers and stripes at home just because they wear a navy jersey once per year.

On a similar note, I just remembered a strange Cowboy jersey I found about 15 years ago at JC Pennys. It was a Champion replica. It was the standard white jersey except that the royal blue was replaced with navy on the number/letters and sleeve stripes. I wasn't yet the uni nerd I am now, but even back then I knew it looked strange. I then saw other white Cowboys jerseys with royal blue and realized that one wasn't right. I wonder if the Cowboys were planning to standardize their blues back than or if that jersey was just a misprint. I could see the wrong numbers on the jersey, but the fact that the sleeves stripes were also navy makes me curious.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I have an old E. Smith white replica from that time period. It's navy numbers, etc. I just think that jerseys were just getting popular then and not much was being paid attention to detail. Heck, now you can get the generic jersey from walmart with team logo on sleeves, the replica, the premier with sewn on numbers, the authentic, the game worn, etc.

KISSwall09.jpg

I understand how they got the two shades of silver, but can someone please describe to me how the cowboys started using two blues.

Also why is navy their primary color even though they wear the whites with the royal blue 90% of the time.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I understand how they got the two shades of silver, but can someone please describe to me how the cowboys started using two blues.

Also why is navy their primary color even though they wear the whites with the royal blue 90% of the time.

Good question - when did they change the helmet blue to navy?

I'm not entirely sure as to when the helmet marks were changed to Navy to be honest. Sometime in the '90s I think.

I posted a Cowboys colors retrospective on my blog a while ago...here's a link that might answer some of the questions:

Dallas Cowboys Team Colors Retrospective

Good question - when did they change the helmet blue to navy?

I'm not entirely sure as to when the helmet marks were changed to Navy to be honest. Sometime in the '90s I think.

I posted a Cowboys colors retrospective on my blog a while ago...here's a link that might answer some of the questions:

Dallas Cowboys Team Colors Retrospective

I thought that the helmet stripes and logo got darker (and the helmets got a bit more silver) earlier than the 90s, but that could have been an optical illusion from the Maxpro clear shell helmets that so many of them wore at that time. They always looked different from the helmets that were painted on the shell like the Riddells and Bikes of the day which always looked "bluer"

The Cowboys are one of the few (if not only) teams whose uniform quirks don't bug me. I love the different shades on the pants, different blues and that they use different templates on their home and away uniforms. That stuff would normally drive me crazy, but it doesn't in this case.

If the cowboys were to standardize their blues and silvers, I would definitively go with royal blue and the greenish-silver

Good Lord no. I can live with royal blue, but green has got to go. This ain't Green Bay.

Personally, I love that shade of silver. And it's not like it's so green that it comes close to any other team, but maybe that's just me.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

As a Cowboys fan, I agree our home set is iconic, but our away is really good as well. I'd just like the to match the silver on the helmet with the home pants, while keeping the royal blue for our home uniforms. I love the royal blue. No one else really uses it in the four major North American sports leagues. And our away set is perfect no need to change it.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Everytime I watch the Cowboys I fall in love with the helmet all over again. Part of that is because of the colors, so I would hope they move to match the helmet and the road blues, not the home whites.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

As a Cowboys fan, I agree our home set is iconic, but our away is really good as well. I'd just like the to match the silver on the helmet with the home pants, while keeping the royal blue for our home uniforms. I love the royal blue. No one else really uses it in the four major North American sports leagues. And our away set is perfect no need to change it.

I'd ditch royal blue for navy on the home unis. At least the road jerseys have the benefit of matching the helmet stripes and star. Naturally, all of this is subjective, but I wish they'd return to the pants they wore in 1977:

001309877.jpg

1977cowboysdorsett.jpg

In the early 70s, they were too gray:

e07290011.jpg

In the late 70s, too blue:

e08130041.jpg

These shades would also be acceptable:

103005275.jpg

4764564.jpg

cowboys1966championship.jpg

All I know is, this has got to go.

sportsbbncowboystexans5.jpg