Nicest and Rudest NHL Players that You've Met?

Lebda4Norris

Pretty self-explanatory. If you want, include where you met them and anything interesting they did/said.

I've met:

Johnny Bower (He was really nice.)

Nikolai Antropov (Seemed decent. Didn't say much, not sure if that's due to his lack of English or sociability.)

Darcy Tucker (He was nice and talkative.)

Wendel Clark (He was nice.)

Tyler Bozak (He wasn't rude, but he didn't seem too nice either. This could easily be blamed on the fact that I couldn't find my Leafs hat and ended up wearing a Pens one.)

lebdasig.png

Lebda4Norris.png

And you'll always have your neat picture.
We'll make the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup.
So what if I'm post-padding? The world won't end.

basically the entire 2002-03 Vancouver canucks roster was the nicest bunch of guys i have ever met. Brendan Morrison, Todd Bertuzzi, and Brian Allen specifically. In 2003 my minor league hockey team played against another team in a mini game during an intermission (we got reamed 5-1, in 3 minutes no less) and those 3 guys came down to our dressing room (the old Vancouver grizzlies room btw) and they signed our sticks, canucks jersey's (the one i had was given to the salvation army by my crazy grandma) and helmets. before the game we were all invited to the morning practice and we all got to meet the entire roster, and during the pregame skate Todd Bertuzzi flipped a puck over the glass for me, my selfish teammate caught it but Bertuzzi told him to give it to me and thankfully he did.

However no one beats Steve Yzerman. Classiest guy i have ever met in my life. in 1998 or 99 my dads good friend (who was Steve Yzerman's cousin) took us to a Canucks/Red Wings game. After the game we all went down to where the red wings were leaving and Steve Yzerman stayed for an extra half hour just to make sure everyone who was down there got an autograph and/or a picture, he signed my first ever jersey (red, red wings jersey) and we got a picture and everything.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Saw Scott Stevens once in the local Borders in the "Outdoors" section but didn't bother him.

I was also at a local driving range once when Martin Brodeur & Patrik Elias starter teeing off in the two booths next to me. Also didn't bother them.

(I'm a Ranger fan FWIW).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I met Brett Lawrie, and he was nice. He was really rushed, but he still had a smile on and asked how I was.

Johnny Bower was old and cranky. He barely even looked up at me, though that can be blamed on A) He was running out of time or B ) He was missing The Young and the Restless re-runs.

Colby Armstrong was really polite. He answered a few questions, though I can't tell whether or not it was because there was a very small line (he was in a remote, random place), so the line was at longest 5 mins.) and he was really bored, or if he legitimately cared about what people had to say. Either way, he looked happy.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Nicest:

Bryan Little (his mom is a very nice lady too. Gonna miss visiting with her when she would come to see him play), Ondrej Pavelec, Johan Hedberg, Slater, Boulton, Thorburn, Mike Dunham, Alex Burmistrov, Brent Johnson, Brooks Orpik, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Pascal Dupuis (his kids are adorable), Blake Geoffrion, (just gonna throw this in here) Every Thrashers player except Chris Mason and Byfuglien (they are :censored:s), Paul Postma, Jordan Staal, Arron Asham, Dan Bylsma (he played too), Craig Adams, Ed Belfour, Jack Johnson, Shane Doan, Taylor Hall, Rick Rypien, Dan Snyder, and Anders Lindback.

Rudest:

Dustin Byfuglien, Chris Mason, Matt Cooke, Marc Andre Fleury, Todd Bertuzzi, Jussi Jokinen, Miroslav Satan, Erik Johnson, Eric Cole, Roberto Louongo (spell check me on that one plz), and Wayne Gretzky.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Believe it or not, when I used to go to Caps practices at Piney Orchard years back Jaromir Jagr was the most charitable with his time signing autographs for every kid who wanted one, thats the only thing positive I will ever say about him.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Will Power was really nice. He was on his way toward wherever he was going after an autograph session and posed for a picture with my girlfriend. ^_^

Anyways, while we're on the topic of IndyCar drivers, I've always found it hard to dislike Helio, having met him a couple times as a kid. Heath Bell was really nice when I got him to autograph my scorecard before a game in San Diego this year (he even got the save in the game!). I'm trying to think of some other players I've had the chance to meet...

6fQjS3M.png

Nicest:

Bryan Little (his mom is a very nice lady too. Gonna miss visiting with her when she would come to see him play), Ondrej Pavelec, Johan Hedberg, Slater, Boulton, Thorburn, Mike Dunham, Alex Burmistrov, Brent Johnson, Brooks Orpik, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Pascal Dupuis (his kids are adorable), Blake Geoffrion, (just gonna throw this in here) Every Thrashers player except Chris Mason and Byfuglien (they are :censored:s), Paul Postma, Jordan Staal, Arron Asham, Dan Bylsma (he played too), Craig Adams, Ed Belfour, Jack Johnson, Shane Doan, Taylor Hall, Rick Rypien, Dan Snyder, and Anders Lindback.

Rudest:

Dustin Byfuglien, Chris Mason, Matt Cooke, Marc Andre Fleury, Todd Bertuzzi, Jussi Jokinen, Miroslav Satan, Erik Johnson, Eric Cole, Roberto Louongo (spell check me on that one plz), and Wayne Gretzky.

Not surprised to hear that about Cooke lol... Were all those players actually rude or just not as nice as you'd expect?

lebdasig.png

Lebda4Norris.png

And you'll always have your neat picture.
We'll make the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup.
So what if I'm post-padding? The world won't end.

Nicest:

Rudest:

Not surprised to hear that about Cooke lol... Were all those players actually rude or just not as nice as you'd expect?

Well, ill cut flower some slack since the PR guy that day was being a dick about Sid visiting people (the last thrashers practice ever i got sid to sign a card and asked for a picture. He said yeah man, sure thing. I go to get my camera lens cap off and the PR guy goes "Move your ass Sid" like he was the president or something. Acting like he had to get him out fast. Real asshat. Fleury, on the otherhand, did not even so much as stop to say hello to anybody. The biggest jackas$ of the bunch is easily Gretzky. If you have never met with him then you can't talk. I don't know if its because im a southern American or what be he was a total prick.

Braves.jpg

Ken Dryden was really nice. I met him at a Leafs Open Practice when he was working with them. He was sure that he had already signed something for me (I guess I have a double), but after a little convincing, he was gracious and gave me "another" (actually my first)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Ken Dryden was really nice. I met him at a Leafs Open Practice when he was working with them. He was sure that he had already signed something for me (I guess I have a double), but after a little convincing, he was gracious and gave me "another" (actually my first)

Some guys are real sticklers cause their auto gets hawked. I saw Peter Bondra turn a kid away cause his dad kept giving him :censored: to get signed.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I have a friend who goes to every single Pens practice that he can to get as many autographs as possible to sell. My friend is very recognizeable being 350 lbs and looking like a penguin. Well Miro Satan decided that he was sick of my friend doing this and said to my friend that he would never sign for his fat ass again, I was so happy to be able to witness that.

I have a friend who goes to every single Pens practice that he can to get as many autographs as possible to sell. My friend is very recognizeable being 350 lbs and looking like a penguin. Well Miro Satan decided that he was sick of my friend doing this and said to my friend that he would never sign for his fat ass again, I was so happy to be able to witness that.

Told ya.

Braves.jpg

I have a friend who was threatened by Brett Lebda. No, I'm not joking.

Really? What did he say?

I wasn't there, so I don't know for sure. I'm pretty sure he said Lebs was trying to hook up with a friend of his...and failing miserably.

Archived