Sorry Bills fans...

Buffalo

chris-berman_wagons-jersey.jpg

This image makes me want to set my computer on fire.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I can't get over how the shoulder stripes don't match the helmet or pant stripes. Make the uniform seem thrown together or incomplete.

Since when are shoulder stripes supposed to match the helmet and pants striping?

I could give you a long list of teams whose shoulder stripes don't match their helmet / pants striping.

Am I the only one that's just noticing the helmet stripe getting bigger as it goes toward the back?? Never seen a team do striping like that before.

I wasn't a big fan of the widening of the helmet stripe at first either, but during game-action it actually looks good.

Denver's helmet stripe also gets very wide towards the back. Theirs goes from thin & pointy to really wide in the back.

09000d5d80d86358_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d80d8634e_gallery_600.jpg

Contesting someone's viewpoint re: stripes simply by pointing out other examples of that stripe style is a really poor argument. It's like if I said that murder is bad, and you pointed out three killers as a way of saying it's good. Clearly that's extreme, but the stripe argument extrapolates to the same end.

The more I look at these uniforms, they should really have gone with a Carolina Panthers style template, and just used the wrap-around shoulder. It gets wider at the top, which would go along with the helmet stripe getting wider at the back (which I have no problem with, just for the record) and would look more modern while still being traditional.

Also, they desperately need the blue pants, or at the very least, the blue-topped socks.

Who's 'contesting' someones viewpoint, and who's making an argument in favor of the stripe widening??

I'm assuming you're referring to my post since I'm the one who posted photos with the images of the Denver Broncos helmet.

I wasn't contesting anyone's viewpoint, I was merely pointing out the the look seems to serve it's purpose during real-time game-action and player movement.

It was also mentioned that the look had never been used before which I myself had never before noticed either until focusing on Denver's helmets which do have the similar widening in the back which I pointed out by posting a couple of photos which show the image of their helmet striping from front to back.

People are entitled to their opinions, what isn't needed is for someone to try and stir the pot when there's nothing in the pot to be stirred up.

Contesting someone's viewpoint re: stripes simply by pointing out other examples of that stripe style is a really poor argument. It's like if I said that murder is bad, and you pointed out three killers as a way of saying it's good. Clearly that's extreme, but the stripe argument extrapolates to the same end.

The more I look at these uniforms, they should really have gone with a Carolina Panthers style template, and just used the wrap-around shoulder. It gets wider at the top, which would go along with the helmet stripe getting wider at the back (which I have no problem with, just for the record) and would look more modern while still being traditional.

Also, they desperately need the blue pants, or at the very least, the blue-topped socks.

Who's 'contesting' someones viewpoint, and who's making an argument in favor of the stripe widening??

I'm assuming you're referring to my post since I'm the one who posted photos with the images of the Denver Broncos helmet.

I wasn't contesting anyone's viewpoint, I was merely pointing out the the look seems to server it's purpose while there's real-time game-action and player movement.

It was also mentioned that the look had never been used before which I myself had never before noticed either until focusing on Denver's helmets which do have the similar widening in the back which I pointed out by posting a couple of photos which show the image of their helmets striping.

People are entitled to their opinions, what isn't need is for someone to try and stir the pot when there's nothing in the pot to be stirred up.

You're right. I misread / misinterpreted your post.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived