Houston Astros 50th Season Logo

cajunaggie08

It appears that the Astros decided to include every color for the team's history into one logo. The tequila sunrise stripes are the promenant feature of the logo. I like the shooting star from the 60's thrown in there. I'm surprised they didnt find a way to throw a Colt 45's reference in there, but I'm sure they didn't want a gun on their already colorful patch. While I appreaciate the effort to acknowledge their entire history of looks in one single logo, their looks have been all over the place in the past 50 years that it is impossible to put them all together and have it look classy. This will not look good at all on the sleeve of the current uniform.

0922_50th_logo.jpg

-Correction, the thread title should say 50th Anniversary season

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, that's a fantastic patch. As stated though, it might not look so great on the current uniforms.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Really well done. I love how they used the rainbow stripes in there. The only thing I don't like is the current broken star , as it doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the colors and it's just doesn't look good. That being said, if they had to put something from the current season in there, that's about as well as you can do it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is really great. They used the eras really well combined. Didn't they celebrate 45 years in 2010? Or is it dating back to the Houston Colt 45's franchise?

Yea, the Astros have a bad habit of celebrating anniversaries twice. In 2006 they had a patch celebrating the clubs 45th anniversay. Then last year they had a patch celebrating 45 years of "Astros" baseball. It kind of irks me when teams move and they have a patch recognizing the 10th anniversary of that team moving. But I understand why becasue the new home city wasn't part of the entire clubs history so it makes sense to celebrate the period the team has been there. However, there really isn't much need to celebrate the anniversary of moving across the parking lot into a new stadium (that they don't even use any more) and changing team names. It just confuses you already young fanbase as a good chunk of Houstonians are transplants and weren't around when the Colt 45's played. While they are going all out with this anniversary by having throwback fridays and having former players make appearances all season, look out for a 50th anniversary Astros patch in 3 years.

I'm wondering that since the Astros now have a new owner that the uniforms will be getting a do-over.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Archived