Rangers cap logo

rcb05

As a lifelong Rangers fan, I've always felt like the teams current cap logo was kind of "meh." I like the overall look of the T, but the drop shadow never seemed to go with the "western" theme of the team. So I thinned out the T and added a blue/red stroke. C&C welcome.

6224363524_b2d942ef2a.jpg

I think the idea is a good one, but the T is a bit too thin here, I think. I like the boldness of the current T because, well, "everything's big in Texas". It seems to really fit a Texan identity without purposefully trying to do so, and that's why I think the T is best bold. Other than that, I like the outline! And very nice, realistic presentation too. I'd say simply bold up the T a bit, and you've got a winner! Good work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This looks good but I agree that the white T could be a little thicker. I really like that it would match up with the blue alternate jersey. If the Rangers did use your hat concept, they probably should unify their script on their jerseys as the whites and grays have drop shadow while the softball tops don't. However, I disagree with the assessment that the drop shadow doesn't match a Western theme. A search on google images on "Western saloon" shows as many scripts with drop shadow as without.

I like your cap a lot more than their current one. I'd have to see it in action though - some caps look fine close up but look like a mess from far away, kind of like the Indians' red cap. But I like yours; their current drop shadow cap could use a change.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Perfect! I think this is a huge upgrade over the current.

Meh, it's not that much of an improvement over what they have now. What other teams have drop shadows on their hat logos?

Brewers, Reds, Rays. I think that's it. The amount of drop shadow around the league shouldn't be your barometer for success in this instance, though. I happen to think this concept is a definitive upgrade over the current cap.

Archived