Notre Dame gold helmets

Buffalo

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't like them. Way too shiny. They looked awful on TV.

I'm with you. They looked great in those pictures and I was very excited to see them in action, but they looked awful under the lights on TV.

When it wasn't so dark out they looked great, but once it got dark, well, how the dark the dark shadows were compared to how bright the reflections of the lights were off the helmet made them look really bad. If that makes any sense.

They look great right here:

USC_Notre_Dame_Football_65972_team.jpg

They look awful right here:

USC_Notre_Dame_Football_66092_team.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't like them. Way too shiny. They looked awful on TV.

I'm with you. I love the thought process behind it, but it just looks cheap to me - like a chromish/gold spraypaint you'd buy at K-Mart or something. It's just a little too much.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think too many in here are overly concerned about the pants. That's something Notre Dame will work on. The point is, Notre Dame wanted their Golden Domers to look more like THE Golden Dome.

And I, too, am no Notre Dame fan, but this only enhances the Irish look. Fantastic helmets.

I'm with you. They looked great in those pictures and I was very excited to see them in action, but they looked awful under the lights on TV.

When it wasn't so dark out they looked great, but once it got dark, well, how the dark the dark shadows were compared to how bright the reflections of the lights were off the helmet made them look really bad. If that makes any sense.

Count me among the "great concept, not so great in execution" camp.

I happened to be watching the game(s) Saturday night at a sports bar; the ND/USC game was on 4 screens and the new gold didn't look as good as the still photo See Red posted (and I quoted) on the best of the 4 screens. On the worst screen at this place they looked more green than anything (I think this screen might have been on a non-HD receiver in this place as the USC helmets also looked more like plain red instead of the pearl red they use).

posted this in the large thread but no response. . .

just out of curiosity, for those who think Notre Dame should match the pants to the helmet (if its even possible) what of the jersey? if you're going to change the gold in the pants dont you have to change the gold every where?

i think if that were the case it would be BLING over load! i think the helmet is right now, and the gold throughout the uniform is a nice compliment. i dont mind that it isnt exact matches of gold and metallic shiny pants look silly to me any way. i think once people live with this look for a while (all matte pants included) it will be more accepted and we may look back on shiny pants 10 years from now and say "wow those were ridiculous"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

- The new paint process is not in the skill set/capabilities of student managers.

Their students also weren't capable of recording practices in the middle of gigantic storms and they still made them do that, maybe there's hope

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Count me among the "great concept, not so great in execution" camp.

I happened to be watching the game(s) Saturday night at a sports bar; the ND/USC game was on 4 screens and the new gold didn't look as good as the still photo See Red posted (and I quoted) on the best of the 4 screens. On the worst screen at this place they looked more green than anything (I think this screen might have been on a non-HD receiver in this place as the USC helmets also looked more like plain red instead of the pearl red they use).

Ditto here.

- The new paint process is not in the skill set/capabilities of student managers.

Their students also weren't capable of recording practices in the middle of gigantic storms and they still made them do that, maybe there's hope

You, sir, are a douchebag. Even if that was meant to be a joke, it's not funny.

You, sir, are a douchebag. Even if that was meant to be a joke, it's not funny.

Yeah, well, I'd like to live in a world where I don't have to mock a university for sending a kid to die, but here we are.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived