Some NHL Concepts (feedback needed)

OhioSportsMan61

Great work on the Flames. I could take or leave the lace-up collars, but those stay consistent with the primaries. As a Calgarian, but an Oilers fan, my flames fan friends love the black and the horse logo.

Flames fan here who would like to stay away from black as a primary--okay as a trim colour, and I HATE that horse--I was so glad when they retired it.

Looks like a bald horse with flaming snot.

I could live that jersey as an alternate--but I'd prefer something not black as the jersey colour...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Lightning jersey, as I HATE the new logo.

The Jackets jersey is a huge upgrade with the removal of the tan aka vintage white.

And as a person who puts the black Flames third with the horse head in my top 5 jerseys, I love the new twist in keeping the horse logo.

Nice work.

2ly2w09.jpg

Canucks:

This is just a vintage mashup of the Millionaires uniform and the 40th Anniversary uniform recently worn. Heritage Classic logo and V logo credited to HJC

canucksHC_edited-1.png

C&C always welcome

While there is nothing wrong with the actual concept I would not want to see this worn as an official alternate. They are the Canucks, not the Millionaires and the only colours acceptable for them are Blue, Green and White.

Canucks:

This is just a vintage mashup of the Millionaires uniform and the 40th Anniversary uniform recently worn. Heritage Classic logo and V logo credited to HJC

canucksHC_edited-1.png

C&C always welcome

While there is nothing wrong with the actual concept I would not want to see this worn as an official alternate. They are the Canucks, not the Millionaires and the only colours acceptable for them are Blue, Green and White.

correct this would not work as a alt but i think he intended it to be the heritage classic uni.

anyways the concept is well executed i like the blend of eras on the sleeve stripe

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

I'm not feeling the Seals one, as it uses my least favorite colour scheme of theirs--I don't like the colour scheme, so it kind of ruins the rest for me--but the kelly green & yellow scheme would probably make that look good.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

but...that's the Portland Pirates logo...it has absolutely nothing to do with the short-lived NHL team...actually, it looks like a major clash of eras with the modern, cartoony logo and trying to use an old name, and a shoulder logo that makes no sense without the context of those original Pirates sweaters (the stripes in the logo were stripes on the actual body of the uniform).

I liked your other stuff, but this one should go back to the drawing board.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

hey avi! its me cpdy from hjc! love these concepts they are frikin sweet

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

California Seals:

sealsfull.png

Going against the grain here but I love these. I have the 1973 Seals kelly green and yellow jersey, and though it's beautiful, it resembles a Bruins or North Stars look from a distance. This is scheme they had with the one prior to the seals scripted jersey both seem far more unique.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived