Some NHL Concepts (feedback needed)

OhioSportsMan61

Pirates:

this is for my entry in HJC's DHL contest.

piratesfull_edited-1.png

C&C always appreciated

Why would they use the Portland Pirates' AHL logo? Surely an NHL team can come up with something better.

The Seals concepts are really good, though!

spacer.png

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blues:

just an edgification of their pre edge jerseys

blues1_edited-1.png

more c&c please!

nice solid look. cam you make a white one and use the old trumpet logo?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Love your Wild uniforms, I wish they would just design two like that and call it a day. One note, however, is that I'd like to see them go back to just the logo and ditch that circular faux-back. The WIld logo is outstanding itself, the circle around it just makes it looks like one of those cheap Wal-Mart knockoff sweaters from a few years back.

Like the seals. They'd need a new logo if they came back around. I always thought a 2nd bay-area team would work. San Francisco Seals has a nice ring to it.

The Columbus shoulder patch is EXCELLENT.

Good job on the Blues. They really need to get that piping off the unis.

The Ducks- that is exactly what they should look like. I'm really hoping that within the next couple of years, their current set goes the way of the Buffaslug.

sig.png

thanks for all of the feedback guys, i really appreciate it. keep it comin!

Hey man nice concepts.

One thing...not digging your concept layout. I think the back of the jersey should be behind instead of being laid over top of the front.

thanks for sharing your opinion. ive actually tried that before, but it didnt really look good because it covered up the shoulder yoke and potentially block to the name plate, too. i based my layout off of the layout nhluniforms.com does it. it looks professional, so i decided to follow suit.

Islanders27_display_image.png?1313517614

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

ok, i decided that i am going to post my next concept tomorrow. it is a senators overhaul with completely new home and road unis, and i think that they look pretty sharp.

i know that this concept is ready, but i want to wait one more day to get more c&c, but i would also like to find out what you guys want to see.

so with that in mind, what team should i do next?

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Nice. I really think they need to use that logo. It's a perfect update of their original. I also feel they should use more black than red. I did a concept a while back that was a modernized version of their original set and liked how it turned out. They're a team that has all the tools to make such a nice set, yet always seem to be slightly off. Nice job here. Lookin forward to Florida.

sig.png

Archived