Can someone please tell me what was wrong with the Jaguars original uniforms ?

seahawk9

I didn't hate the black pants when they were striped. With the teal jerseys, that look actually worked pretty good.

Jacksonville-Jaguars-v-New-Orleans-Saints.jpg

Yeah, that is probably my favorite look for the Jaguars (which probably qualifies me for the "unpopular opinions" thread). Loved those stripes and hated when they got rid of them.

>>>>

With those stripes it's a great look as long as it was for a change-up and not a permanent basis. I still like the teal-white combo too. Only thing I don't like are the black sox, they need teal ones. Wouldn't wanna see those pants with white jerseys.

Love the alternate Jaguar logo on the sleeves. When it's an alternate logo that compliments the helmet logo like Philly does, that's the only time I like a logo on the sleeves.

Too bad they don't have the alternate as the primary for the helmet, and the current helmet logo as the alternate.

Geeze Jax .... every uniform modification since '95 inception has gotten worse & worse.

There was nothing wrong with this

fred-taylor.jpg

That was a great football uniform.

These uniforms look great now, especially compared to what they're wearing now. I was never really a fan of the road look (the white/white look just didn't do it for me and the black pants didn't look good without stripes), but these home uniforms were very good.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

While I think the first set was as close to perfect as the Jags have ever been, it would have been interesting if, when they like Nike mess things up, they went with black-gold-white-gold-black striped teal pants home and road and wore black jerseys at home. I would prefer teal jerseys with white pants, but we know that if the teal pants were worn with the white jerseys, we would have seen teal monochrome at home. Still, I think the black over teal would have been a good look had the black jerseys featured more teal, such as on the trim.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'll never get the beef some people here have with pants and socks being the same color (aka the leotard look). I honestly think the Jags old black/teal/black combo looked great with blacks socks. I try to imagine it with teal socks in my head, but it seems like it would look odd.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I'll never get the beef some people here have with pants and socks being the same color (aka the leotard look). I honestly think the Jags old black/teal/black combo looked great with blacks socks. I try to imagine it with teal socks in my head, but it seems like it would look odd.

Because they look like full-length spandex pants. Just doesn't look right for 250-350lb grown men.

I didn't hate the black pants when they were striped. With the teal jerseys, that look actually worked pretty good.

Yeah, that is probably my favorite look for the Jaguars (which probably qualifies me for the "unpopular opinions" thread). Loved those stripes and hated when they got rid of them.

Count me in too. I love how the black pants look with the black helmet.

The teal jerseys with black pants with the stripes is my favorite uniform of all time.

I've always thought the Jaguars were kind of the NFL version of baseball's San Diego Padres: a team that at every opportunity changes its look, but (generally) for the worse each time and for reasons that elude most of their fans.

Their 1995 expansion brethren Carolina Panthers, however, have (at least to date) maintained a fairly unchanged look, and consequently I suspect that if/when changes are made, fans are going to howl a little about it.

nav-logo.png

The teal jerseys with black pants with the stripes is my favorite uniform of all time.

Agreed.

I understand they wanted to simplify, but their current look is a downgrade. And while the black/teal "glow" helmet was kinda cool at first, it's quickly become old.

fred-taylor.jpgSS_10_nfl_stars_bankrupt_Brunell.jpg

The Jaguars should never have jettisoned these uniforms. They were clearly the best the team has ever worn. In fact, they're still amongst my favorite NFL uniforms of all time. I actually did some work for one of J. Wayne Weaver's companies during this era. As part of my compensation, I requested a personalized, authentic Jaguars jersey that remains one of my prized possessions.

Agreed.

I understand they wanted to simplify, but their current look is a downgrade. And while the black/teal "glow" helmet was kinda cool at first, it's quickly become old.

As a jags fan who watches every game the helmets are hardly noticable most of the time they look black unless there is a close up shot.I like the new helmets personally the amount of sunlight determines how much teal flake you can see.The night games give it more of a blue tint to it.

The Jaguars should never have jettisoned these uniforms. They were clearly the best the team has ever worn. In fact, they're still amongst my favorite NFL uniforms of all time. I actually did some work for one of J. Wayne Weaver's companies during this era. As part of my compensation, I requested a personalized, authentic Jaguars jersey that remains one of my prized possessions.

I long for the day the Jags decide to use these as a throwback/alternate uniform. It'll knock some sense back into their organization. Just look what it did for the Bills.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

What terrific looking uniforms. I agree with what the other posters said, these are the best they've ever worn.

As a long time Jaguars fan myself I've always heard stuff about the team or the city or the teal. But those 1998-2008 uniforms. I've always heard glowing comments about them and those were by far the best we've had I didn't care for the teal on black look but I did like the black pants with the teal stripping. And I agree with what one poster said about the idea of throwbacks could lead to a nice combination of them.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived