NFL Veterans Day Ribbons

santoleri3

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, crap. Are they going to put those on the helmets, too? :rolleyes:

And interesting - we've gone so crazy with these specialized, special-interest, special-event ribbon logos that the original yellow ribbon, designed to show support for the troops, is somehow insufficient.

Yeah - they have them for every team:

MilitaryAppreciationRibbon_PMK1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

MiltaryAppreciationRibbon_ARZPMK1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

They're called "Military Appreciation Ribbons".

Where did you find those images? Based on the scrawniness of my images, my google fu must be weak...

And yes, Gothamite, I think the yellow ribbon is still the best.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

>>>>

I'd prefer we wore the poppy for 11-11 like the Brits and Canucks do. We used to wear them post WWI.

These were on all the English soccer kits this past week, and they do it every year.

remembrance-day-poppy-with-green-for-hope-md.png

The VFW still sells the paper poppies outside the Kroger's up the street... I always give them $5, pick up one for me (OIF 3) and one for my Dad, a Korea vet who passed away last year.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

I'd rather we didn't whore out the uniforms for any cause, no matter how worthy.

But yes, the poppy is worlds better than ribbons.

Where did you find those images? Based on the scrawniness of my images, my google fu must be weak...

don't feel bad. ColorWerx didn't get his from Google, but rather right from the source.

>>>>

I'd prefer we wore the poppy for 11-11 like the Brits and Canucks do. We used to wear them post WWI.

These were on all the English soccer kits this past week, and they do it every year.

remembrance-day-poppy-with-green-for-hope-md.png1389365986.jpg

Thank you! I saw the poppy all over Hockey Night in Canada and I had no idea what it was for!

I wish we'd have a whole month honoring veterans rather than a whole month of pink and breast cancer awareness.

this. Please NFL, one week is enough for the pink, we don't need a whole damn month of it. BUT, we should have a full month to honour veterans. Those guys are out putting there arses on the line everyday just so we can sleep in our comfy beds and watch TV on our big plasmas.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Absolutely. Give them free tickets to games here, and satellite hookups to watch the games on all US bases and ships. Donate pots of money to veterans' organizations.

But please, stop whoring out the uniforms. Even when done for a worthy cause like this, it's cheap and self-aggrandizing.

I find it fitting that the symbol we've adopted for all these fine causes is the thin and insubstantial ribbon. Talk is cheap, and so are the ribbons.

Oh, crap. Are they going to put those on the helmets, too? :rolleyes:

And interesting - we've gone so crazy with these specialized, special-interest, special-event ribbon logos that the original yellow ribbon, designed to show support for the troops, is somehow insufficient.

THIS.

Can we finally stop these specialized ribbon tributes?

When a 64 count Crayola crayon box can't keep up with the colors involved with these tributes it may be time to stop.

What does a Cornflower ribbon mean again???? I'm totally lost.

Maybe it will happen for games this week?

>>>>

It should've happened for games last week, after all, Veterans Day is always on 11-Nov (this Friday) .... why do it afterward?

The English Football shirts and British people usually wear them around 2 weeks prior to 11-11 of every year. Same thing with the Canucks I believe but with them I'm not totally sure.

capello-poppy.jpg

Archived