NFL Veterans Day Ribbons

santoleri3

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it will happen for games this week?

>>>>

It should've happened for games last week, after all, Veterans Day is always on 11-Nov (this Friday) .... why do it afterward?

The English Football shirts and British people usually wear them around 2 weeks prior to 11-11 of every year. Same thing with the Canucks I believe but with them I'm not totally sure.

capello-poppy.jpg

In Canada, poppies are usually worn from November 1 until the 11th. Ours are made of felt, not paper, as seen in my avatar.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

>>>>

It should've happened for games last week, after all, Veterans Day is always on 11-Nov (this Friday) .... why do it afterward?

The English Football shirts and British people usually wear them around 2 weeks prior to 11-11 of every year. Same thing with the Canucks I believe but with them I'm not totally sure.

capello-poppy.jpg

In Canada, poppies are usually worn from November 1 until the 11th. Ours are made of felt, not paper, as seen in my avatar.

>>>>>>

On the English soccer kits it would be very hard to do felt since they're heat applied, but the ones that pin onto ones sport coat I believe are felt.

Very nice! I wish we did the same like in Post WW I .... This ribbon thing or yet another reason to put our own flag on this makes me understand why the other countries constantly accuse us for being too insular.

>>>>

capello-poppy.jpg

>>>>>>

On the English soccer kits it would be very hard to do felt since they're heat applied, but the ones that pin onto ones sport coat I believe are felt.

Very nice! I wish we did the same like in Post WW I .... This ribbon thing or yet another reason to put our own flag on this makes me understand why the other countries constantly accuse us for being too insular.

British poppies are mostly paper, although there are some variations around. The ones on football kits etc are embroidery, sewn on. Often the kits are the sold and proceeds given to Royal British Legion.

If I wasn't on my iPhone I would link to stories that FIFA not allowing the UK footy teams wearing the poppy on their shirts this weekend. They will have it embroidered on to a black armband instead.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

on the subject of poppies, we also do it here in Australia, my dad had one on his dashboard today.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

If I hadn't read this post I wouldn't even know the NFL did a Veterans day ribbon. The Niners still have their breatst cancer awareness ribbon plastered on the field.

It's worn down, so I think they were probably trying to get rid of it but rain last night didn't allow them to? Should be gone by next week I think.

Here's a shot I took from during the game.

380218_312097655482917_215653525127331_1284573_1410747531_n.jpg

Go A's!

Archived