Get a Share of the Pack

Mac the Knife

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But buying stock isn't like buying a cap at the pro shop. The issuers have many legal obligations, and so the process often involves many steps.

Yeah - remember, these transactions must get NFL approval. The $25 extra you're paying? That's for a basic background check. They can deny your shareholder application if they find something too "out there."

nav-logo.png

But buying stock isn't like buying a cap at the pro shop. The issuers have many legal obligations, and so the process often involves many steps.

Yeah - remember, these transactions must get NFL approval. The $25 extra you're paying? That's for a basic background check. They can deny your shareholder application if they find something too "out there."

Good thing the GF put ours on her credit card instead of mine. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Did they take your SSN? I'd be surprised if it wasn't anything more than a cursory criminal background. And, of course, to weed out owners of other franchises. ;)

I'm a Bears fan but this is one of those super cool things about the Packers and I wish my team offered it.

For those that are owners, what is the advantage to owning multiple shares as an individual. I get you'd have multiple votes but in reality does one person having 4 votes really mean anything in the scheme of things?

And I understand a family having multiples so every member has them, I'm just talking about individuals, I believe someone on here said they were buying 4.

The only benefit is having four votes.

As far as the impact of multiple votes, there were 4.7 million shares (or votes) outstanding before this sale. This sale could push that over 5 million. Also consider that the stock split 1000-1 in advance of the 1997 sale. That means every person who bought one share in 1950 has 1000 now, even if they haven't bought another one.

So 4 votes out of five million, with some people casting a thousand votes or more, isn't exactly able to influence anything.

Did they take your SSN? I'd be surprised if it wasn't anything more than a cursory criminal background. And, of course, to weed out owners of other franchises. ;)

Well, I do own the Kentucky Colonels in the all-time NBA draft. Hopefully, that won't be a problem. B)

No, they just took credit card info. It was a lot like buying anything else on their website. You had to list the names you wanted on each share but other than that it was pretty routine.

BB52Big.jpg

If you are a shareholder, stop betting on games.

http://twitpic.com/7pgg9d

And that's not all.

Fine print for Packers shareholders: Roger Goodell can fine you $5K for betting

He can also then force you to sell your shares back to the Packers at a fixed price of $0.025 each.

Again, this isn't like buying a cap at the team store. Stock comes with both rights and responsibilities.

Who knew that it would actually take $250 and a dream? I'm not a minority sports team owner. Awesome!

Vital input. Thanks for that. B)

Ah geez. I actually meant to type "now" instead of "not." I'm in your club too! The "awesome" was genuine. :)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Who knew that it would actually take $250 and a dream? I'm not a minority sports team owner. Awesome!

Vital input. Thanks for that. B)

Ah geez. I actually meant to type "now" instead of "not." I'm in your club too! The "awesome" was genuine. :)

Excellent! Welcome to the club. (I was confused as hell by your post.) I'm really curious to see how "owning" the Packers will influence our "relationship" with our normal favorite NFL teams. I mean I've got more than a few bucks tied up in the Pack now. I gotta think that's going to change my feelings towards the Browns. C'mon, if the Packers win the Super Bowl, we can get rings. What other team can offer us that?

BB52Big.jpg

When the Bills move I now have a backup team. And, of course, the chance to drop money I don't have on a gaudy ring I won't wear. Let's go Pack!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Still a Broncos fan but when this whole Tim Tebow things stops working... I've got Aaron Rodgers as a backup plan. Although I still dislike the Packers for now... ^_^

I am part of the club, though. And will strongly consider that Super Bowl ring purchase should the opportunity present itself.

IUe6Hvh.png

Even though I am not in the exclusive Shareholder Club.....YET! As a general member of Packers Fan Nation, I would also like to welcome the newest members of that ever growing club as well. This is an exciting time to be a Packers fan. A certain someone who shall remain nameless, was blessed to be a part of this at one time too, and even said person cannot stop the Force that is G. To all of you Shareholders, thank you for being or becoming Minority Owners in the most storied franchise in the NFL. It is because of your support and past support that helps keep this team afloat and a viable franchise in the lowest market in all of pro sports. The only publicly owned team in the country thrives on people like you.

Speaking as that fan. I am proud to support the Green Bay Packers. The organization, Mark Murphy, Ted Thompson, and all the players and coaches along with all of you Shareholders. A huge Thank You from Packers Fan Nation. And especially this guy.

May you enjoy the new benefits. Have fun at the meetings, if you can make them. Get rowdy watching the games of the team you actually own. And just generally...

GO PACK GO!

Thank you for your time, and supporting the team that I love.

Kyle (Packers fan since 1987.)

packchampionslfroh.png

If you are a shareholder, stop betting on games.

http://twitpic.com/7pgg9d

And that's not all.

Fine print for Packers shareholders: Roger Goodell can fine you $5K for betting

He can also then force you to sell your shares back to the Packers at a fixed price of $0.025 each.

Again, this isn't like buying a cap at the team store. Stock comes with both rights and responsibilities.

Yep. Have your significant other place those bets in Las Vegas. Stick to other sports with your local book. Don't bet on the NFL, and especially don't ever bet on a Packer game. Odds are they'd never find out, but do you really want to be the guy who gets written up in some obscure newspaper for doing so?

nav-logo.png

Even though I am not in the exclusive Shareholder Club.....YET! As a general member of Packers Fan Nation, I would also like to welcome the newest members of that ever growing club as well. This is an exciting time to be a Packers fan. A certain someone who shall remain nameless, was blessed to be a part of this at one time too, and even said person cannot stop the Force that is G. To all of you Shareholders, thank you for being or becoming Minority Owners in the most storied franchise in the NFL. It is because of your support and past support that helps keep this team afloat and a viable franchise in the lowest market in all of pro sports. The only publicly owned team in the country thrives on people like you.

Speaking as that fan. I am proud to support the Green Bay Packers. The organization, Mark Murphy, Ted Thompson, and all the players and coaches along with all of you Shareholders. A huge Thank You from Packers Fan Nation. And especially this guy.

May you enjoy the new benefits. Have fun at the meetings, if you can make them. Get rowdy watching the games of the team you actually own. And just generally...

GO PACK GO!

Thank you for your time, and supporting the team that I love.

Kyle (Packers fan since 1987.)

Wow. Thanks for that. It's awfully nice of you. You're welcome.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived