wildwing64's NHL

wildwing64

Here it goes........

ducksnew.th.jpg

I use paint, and am half clueless with that so dont blame me, I'm a n00b.

It doesn't look bad in that colour scheme (I'd have stuck with white lettering), but that particular Ducks logo isn't really suitable for a primary logo. The regular duck mask may be cartoony, but this one is a bit too much so.

Also, please don't highjack my thread. :P

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that's how you update the Lightning. The only nitpicks I have: the sleeve striping is much too thick on the home and away, while the alt gets the proportions just right; and the bolt on the pants should end a bit higher up. Otherwise, this is a great meld of the simplification that the new look was going for with the Bolts' history.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 1 month later...

#3: Dallas Stars

So as we all know, the Stars couldn't transfer their fan favourite star shaped jerseys to the Edge system, so they opted to go with completely different uniforms instead. The college script look has had its fair share of mixed opinions, but overall they aren't exactly leaning in their favour except with the fans who have simply accepted it. Aside from the use of the college/basketball script, the biggest criticism is their distinct lack of green, the franchise's primary colour since day one.

Rumours of a new third uniform, possibly inspired by the North Stars jerseys - another fan favourite - have been swirling around for the last couple of years, but ownership issues have continued to hold it back. Now that they have a new owner in place, whether or not they bring out a third in the near future remains to be seen. For all we know they could go with another new uniform set, and join the increasing number of teams that are ditching their initial Edge uniforms.

I was initially going to straight up bring in the Iowa Stars jerseys for Dallas, as I would love to see them adopt something like that. But having noticed how much Stars fans love this, and also this, I instead borrowed elements from both of these uniforms to create something new for them instead. The third jersey is a fauxback to their early years in Dallas.

StarsRedesign.png

Unlike my other two redesigns, I've kept the Stars existing primary logo around. It just works for them and I can't imagine them ever having anything else, it's a modern classic. Although I've considered ditching the "Dallas" since I feel they've become established enough to no longer need that on there. Maybe I'll make that change later based on what sort of feedback I get.

Also, I've done away with the Texas State logo in favour of something new. If there's one good thing about their current uniforms it's that a Star works very nicely as a shoulder patch. Instead of simply taking the Star from the primary crest and being done with it, I added a design resembling the Texas flag.

C&C is welcome and appreciated.

mTBXgML.png

I really like that new shoulder patch. I also like everything about the jerseys, except the shoulder and sock striping on the home and road. In my opinion they might look better if they used three colours to better match the rest of the jersey.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

loving your new shoulder patch for the stars. beautiful.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

As mentioned before your shoulder patch really hit the nail on the head!

If I have to point something out it's that I don't like the Stars using lace-up collars, it feels like it's an unnecessary fad. Otherwise I really like what I see

Midway.png

Some thoughts of mine:

As for Anaheim, I'd really like to see someone pull a jade/orange/black look. I really like what you have with the Ducks' current colors (I don't mind black/orange/bronze), and the Duck-mask (this one) is an awesome update. With the Kings going black, I think a color scheme that pops more is in order.

Tampa Bay's meshing of eras ties everything together nicely. I'd be inclined to keep blue as the main color (with the primary logo on it), but the black home jersey makes more of an homage to the older Lightning jerseys.

While I think that it's possible for Dallas to use the star-pattern on the Edge template (or at least something close enough), using the brassy gold that the Stars have on their current jerseys is a definite improvement; it pops out more. The alternate is also good, as I liked the final Minnesota/early Dallas uniforms as well. The alternate logo is excellent without being repetitive (something I thought would happen, should the Stars have a solo star for their jersey). Another idea for an alternate is using the brassy gold on this beatiful concept, with the according patches placed.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Thanks for the comments so far!

I really like that new shoulder patch. I also like everything about the jerseys, except the shoulder and sock striping on the home and road. In my opinion they might look better if they used three colours to better match the rest of the jersey.

Yeah, I did wonder about the socks myself. I went with them like that as that's what the Stars had with their pre-edge uniforms. They are a bit plain though, so I've fixed that in my update. I'd add more to the shoulder stripes but I feel that would clutter up the design.

If I have to point something out it's that I don't like the Stars using lace-up collars, it feels like it's an unnecessary fad. Otherwise I really like what I see

And they are gone in my update in favour of something more familiar :)

StarsRedesignV2.png

Some thoughts of mine:

As for Anaheim, I'd really like to see someone pull a jade/orange/black look. I really like what you have with the Ducks' current colors (I don't mind black/orange/bronze), and the Duck-mask (this one) is an awesome update. With the Kings going black, I think a color scheme that pops more is in order.

Tampa Bay's meshing of eras ties everything together nicely. I'd be inclined to keep blue as the main color (with the primary logo on it), but the black home jersey makes more of an homage to the older Lightning jerseys.

Glad you like them! :D Actually, I'm considering adding more orange to the white Ducks jersey. Initially I felt having it as the dominant secondary colour would be too overpowering, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea more. Also, my version of the Kings will more than likely feature purple somewhere.

While I think that it's possible for Dallas to use the star-pattern on the Edge template (or at least something close enough), using the brassy gold that the Stars have on their current jerseys is a definite improvement; it pops out more. The alternate is also good, as I liked the final Minnesota/early Dallas uniforms as well. The alternate logo is excellent without being repetitive (something I thought would happen, should the Stars have a solo star for their jersey). Another idea for an alternate is using the brassy gold on this beatiful concept, with the according patches placed.

In theory they probably could design a new template if they wanted to. But at the same time, maybe the star pattern has become a bit outdated (nothing against it at all, but it doesn't look like something that would ever return in the NHL). That and there's the whole thing with the star not aligning properly... :P

And I agree, that concept is awesome.

mTBXgML.png

My lord, those Stars jerseys are perfect! I hate the Stars but your concepts make me hate them a little less :P

I'm gonna jump on the wagon and ask if you'll let us see what that shoulder patch looks like as the primary

Midway.png

And now by popular demand, here is another update with the new third jersey. The shoulder patch works better as a crest than I expected it to.

Rather than use the original Dallas Stars/final North Stars inspired design I went with (which I guess can always be brought back as a Winter Classic jersey later ;)), this one is based more on their current uniform, with the shoulder stripes from my own set's home and road uniforms added. The small stripes at the bottom are from their current white jersey, and I've added an extra white stripe to help balance it all out. More importantly the sleeve striping now has green added to it, which begs the question of "Was it really that hard, Dallas?"

StarsRedesignV3.png

mTBXgML.png

I missed the last few days, apparently. I'm scrolling down the page, and I see that sick shoulder logo, and the first thing I think is "I wish he would have used it as the primary logo". I actually chuckled when half the subsequent comments said the exact same thing I was thinking.

I almost think it could be the home/road crest, with the regular logo actually being a 'throwback' on the alternate. All three jerseys look very classy, though, as they stand.

Did I say how much I love that new logo?!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• 3 weeks later...

#4: Calgary Flames

The Flames were one of a good few teams who suffered from the Reebok Edge switchover. What they had before were the best uniforms they had ever worn, and the attempt to transfer them over to an Edge template resulted in a horrible mess. The addition of the Canada and Alberta flags on the jerseys just make them look tacky.

I've noticed a continuing and heated debate - no pun intended - over Calgary's use of black. On one side of the argument, the old red, yellow and white uniforms are a classic, and the black makes them look burnt. On the other hand, the old colour scheme feels outdated and it needs the addition of black to make the jerseys less garish. The Flames logo looks pretty cool in black, and I love the red, black and yellow combination for Calgary.

So for my redesign, I'm going with a compromise of sorts. Black has been removed from the Flames' colour palette in favour of a dark red. For a long time I've been curious as to what they would look like in a double red uniform, and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

FlamesRedesign.png

The home and road uniforms are based on their pre-Edge set while I've kept their existing throwback as the third, as I feel it's too popular to take away from the fans. The stupid flag patches have been replaced with an updated version of their previous horse head shoulder patch: in addition to being (hopefully) less ugly, he now has a fiery mane which I based on both the shape of Alberta and an Olympic torch, as a nod to when the city hosted the Winter Games in 1988.

C&C welcome and appreciated.

mTBXgML.png

The horse looks very cartoonish.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived