City/State Color Schemes

EvilEmpire

Bro, Bro, Bro, Bro. Where are the Lightning!?

Liking those, though. I would break it down to cities seeing how all of them have a different style, but they look good.

Oh crap, I totally forgot about them! I guess as I was looking through the NHL logos I scanned over that crappy logo they have right now and just dismissed them as a team. Haha, just kidding. But I'll definitely put them in as soon as I have time.

I was gonna say, that one wouldnt be one that was too hard to do!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went with Raptors colour scheme since Leafs and Jays have blue.

m94p07.jpg

Toronto's colour is blue. That tradition started with the Argonauts' double blue and went over to the Leafs and Blue Jays. Our city flag is blue too so I'd like to see the Raptors and TFC use blue. The choice of red for these teams is based on branding the Canada colours.

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Hope I'm not stealing your thunder, but this reminded me of a similar side-project I've been working on. The State Logo Color Project. I just figured this would be an appropriate place to post these, seeing as how a lot of recolor threads are disliked (as you can probably tell, I however, find them quite amusing).

(Again, EvilEmpire, I don't mean to threadjack, this just seemed like the appropriate place to post these. If you'd like me to remove them I understand :grin:)

Actually, I'm glad you put it there. I wanted to see everybody's ideas and thoughts. I don't really want to see just my ideas, I made this thread so people can post thier concepts so, feel free post your ideas if u like (that goes for everyone). Also your AZ logos and your Jags logo with the heat's color scheme are awesome.

Here's the update with the Lightning added

Florida-1.png

With the Panthers colours, the jags could still be yellow, and have a red tongue.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

m94p07.jpg

You definately have to go with Blue/White/Red if you're gonna do Toronto - When one of the teams has Blue in the name, it limits your options...

TORONTO.png

These look amazing!!! I love your new TFC and Raptors logos. Definitely something MLSE should consider. I wouldn't change the Marlies logo though, that one is rooted in tradition from the days when they were known as the Marlboros.

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

m94p07.jpg

You definately have to go with Blue/White/Red if you're gonna do Toronto - When one of the teams has Blue in the name, it limits your options...

TORONTO.png

thats amazing! it looks so good it should be real.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Hope I'm not stealing your thunder, but this reminded me of a similar side-project I've been working on. The State Logo Color Project. I just figured this would be an appropriate place to post these, seeing as how a lot of recolor threads are disliked (as you can probably tell, I however, find them quite amusing).

What I did was pick a state, get all of the logos from the "Big 4" major sports leagues (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA) and color each logo in each other teams' colors. The "rules" for myself were to try and only use the primary colors if possible. Using only alternate/other colors when necessary or if the logo is more aesthetically pleasing or "makes more sense if this part of the logo is this color." Anyway, here's Arizona:

(Again, EvilEmpire, I don't mean to threadjack, this just seemed like the appropriate place to post these. If you'd like me to remove them I understand :grin:)

Arizona.png

And obviously the original logos are going downward diagonally from left to right. I added an extra border and the team name to emphasize that.

I really like how the Cards logo looks with the Dbacks/ Yotes color scheme. I think that if you changed the Suns logo using DBack colors, but had the script in black, this could legitimatley be used as the Phoenix color scheme. Great work!!

DLWatt.png

I'm really enjoying this thread, but I think the concept falls over a little where a team either has a colour in the name (Red Sox, Blue Jays) or where a colour is inseperable from the team's nick name (Celtics, Yankees, Patriots). That said, the idea is brilliant for teams with generic nicknames (Thunder, Supersonics, Force, Heat) and it's been fun to see the recoloured logos in matching city-sets!

In Melbourne (Australia), we have Melbourne Demons (red/blue) in the AFL, Melbourne Storm (purple/navy) in the NRL, Melbourne Rebels (navy/white) in Super-Rugby, Melbourne Tigers (red/yellow) in the NBL, and both Melbourne Victory (navy/white) and Melbourne Heart (red/white) in the A-League. Good luck getting those harmonised!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Archived