Worst ideas in sports history

johnnysama

they have taken steroids out of baseball.

:lol: :lol:

I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLB: DH. It's much more exciting for me to watch pitchers hit simply because they're not expected to hit well. And the kind of baseball games/chivalry of how pitchers pitch to opposing pitchers. Teams are going to have to adjust pretty soon. AL teams are going to have their pitchers batting a lot more. And NL will have to start figuring out the designated guy more often. The only one part about the DH rule, when it allows a guy to prolong his career when he otherwise doesn't or can't play the field a la Jim Thome or Edgar Martinez. Those guys can now think about signing with NL teams with interleague soon to be yearlong. It was great to see Chad Billingsley hit a home run a few years ago. Remember when the Reds used a pitcher to pinch hit regularly? (I think in 2009 or 10?)

Not doing more about steroids. Make recognition these guys are not heroes and reinstate past heroes. Bonds is the king of nothing.

Moving the Astros to the AL, not Milwaulkee. I like the new even divisions and I like interleague(even it it means DH). I thought baseball was about traditions. Why did the Brewers move in the first place? Why didn't one of the expansion teams come into a league and not require an already existing team to move. Alignment maybe?

Frank McCourt. Nuff said I believe.

I don't mind that the ASG determines home field advantage. Yeah, it's kind of weird, but how else are you going to do it? Alternate years? Lame. Plus it gives some incentive and meaning into a boring game. What I do mind is how many players. Granted the league has expanded teams, and thus players. However, this some to mean shorter innings for everyone. It's the ASG. Why can't we see the two best pitchers deck it out for seven or so innings? It's supposed to be the best of the best. This isn't little league. Not everyone has to play.

Pajama pants.

NFL: No team in LA. Simply inexcusable. A whole generation has grown up not having a hometown team. Sure USC is great, but it's not the same. How's Jacksonville doing anyway?

New York teams. You're in New Jersey. Not NY. It's one thing for the Lakers to claim LA while in Inglewood. It's a whole other to play in a completely different state. And I hate in broadcasts of Giants/Jets games they some aerial footage of say Times Square. Lovely shot of East Rutherford.

No Fun League. Let them celebrate a touchdown. Let them get away with saying more on Twitter.

Current cut of jerseys and current sock trend.

NBA:David Stern. Come on. Same market. Same building. And like the Lakers were giving up crap. Gasol and Odom, come on much better deal. Wouldn't it be easier to sell the Hornets with a team better quicker? How's Gordon doing anyway?

NHL:Thrashers everything.

Safety.

Allowing ESPN to have an East Coast bias and not show enough hockey.

The Giants and Jets play in a suburb of New York City. They're in the New York Metropolitan Area. Calling them New York is just fine.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

NFL: No team in LA

It's not for a lack of trying.

Sure, but it's just been too long. Shouldn't have happened in the first place, but to let it continue...sucks.

I think that won't be a problem for too much longer. What weirds me out are reading these proposals where the Rams move back to LA and the Jags go to St. Louis...what the hell?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The only thing that ticks me off about that is that the media and alot of fans pretend like baseball is the only sport where PED's are used. You cannot tell me guys in the NFL aren't at the very least on equal terms with the MLB in terms of scale of usage with PED's.

NFL: No team in LA

It's not for a lack of trying.

Sure, but it's just been too long. Shouldn't have happened in the first place, but to let it continue...sucks.

I think that won't be a problem for too much longer. What weirds me out are reading these proposals where the Rams move back to LA and the Jags go to St. Louis...what the hell?

I agree with both. I'd be cool with getting the Rams, probably my second choice. At least we'd get Bradford.

Why would a team leave a struggling market to go to an arguably worse market?

New York teams. You're in New Jersey. Not NY. It's one thing for the Lakers to claim LA while in Inglewood. It's a whole other to play in a completely different state.

The Washington Redskins have been playing in Landover, MD since 1997, yet nobody seems to complain about the fact.

The only thing that ticks me off about that is that the media and alot of fans pretend like baseball is the only sport where PED's are used. You cannot tell me guys in the NFL aren't at the very least on equal terms with the MLB in terms of scale of usage with PED's.

If it brings back home runs, then let them hit the juice all day long.

spacer.png

If it brings back home runs, then let them hit the juice all day long.

It's not like homers disappeared after MLB started policing stopped ignoring the prevalence of PEDs. Just the absurd number of homers from certain individual players.

The only thing that irritates me with the whole MLB steroid thing is that nobody talks about PED's in any other sport but baseball.

I will bet you anything the NFL has always had a worse steroid/HGH problem then the MLB.

If you listen to most players the number reason they take PED's is to stay healthy. It is far more difficult to remain healthy in the NFL then any of the other three major pro sports, so I would imagine the incentive to use is the highest just on that alone.

The only thing that irritates me with the whole MLB steroid thing is that nobody talks about PED's in any other sport but baseball.

I will bet you anything the NFL has always had a worse steroid/HGH problem then the MLB.

If you listen to most players the number reason they take PED's is to stay healthy. It is far more difficult to remain healthy in the NFL then any of the other three major pro sports, so I would imagine the incentive to use is the highest just on that alone.

The reason the PED issue is more pronounced in baseball is because baseball's "cherished records" seem to mean much more than in other sports. Henry Aaron - 755 HRs. Cal Ripken - 2,632 consecutive games, Joe Dimaggio - 56 game hitting streak. Ted Williams - .406 season average. Pete Rose - 4,256 hits. These are all numbers that have been etched into many of our brains and our consciences. Numbers are heralded and revered in baseball, especially individual numbers, unlike any other sport.

If asked who scored the most touchdowns in NFL history and how many, I'd honestly not know, Emmitt Smith?. If asked who scored the most goals in NHL history and how many, I'd not know, maybe Gretzky? If asked who is the NBA's all time scorer and with how many points, I couldn't even begin to say. But baseball has always been very numbers-centric, and as such, this is why the PED issue is far and away made a bigger deal in baseball than in the other sports. I'm not saying it's right, I'm merely saying this is the reason why.

The reason the PED issue is more pronounced in baseball is because baseball's "cherished records" seem to mean much more than in other sports. Henry Aaron - 755 HRs. Cal Ripken - 2,632 consecutive games, Joe Dimaggio - 56 game hitting streak. Ted Williams - .406 season average. Pete Rose - 4,256 hits. These are all numbers that have been etched into many of our brains and our consciences. Numbers are heralded and revered in baseball, especially individual numbers, unlike any other sport.

If asked who scored the most touchdowns in NFL history and how many, I'd honestly not know, Emmitt Smith?. If asked who scored the most goals in NHL history and how many, I'd not know, maybe Gretzky? If asked who is the NBA's all time scorer and with how many points, I couldn't even begin to say. But baseball has always been very numbers-centric, and as such, this is why the PED issue is far and away made a bigger deal in baseball than in the other sports. I'm not saying it's right, I'm merely saying this is the reason why.

Oh I completely agree. I don't think people are turned off one bit by an athlete taking PED's. Some are, but the majority I think could care less. I think people are turned off by athletes taking PED's to break records they hold dear to their hearts though, but that's not the same thing. Its a blatant double standard to have if your outraged over the baseball's PED problem, but don't think the NFL or any of the other major sports has one. And even when the Senate hearings regarding PED's in baseball were going on I heard a number of sports commentators saying essentially the same thing. If that is your mindset then you really don't care about PED's you just care about protecting the legacy of those records. They're related but a record being broken by somebody taking PED's is a much narrower issue then PED's on their own. The main issue with PED is preventing somebody from having to choose between their dream and doing something that may potentially harm their body. I don't see much harm coming from Pete Rose's hit record falling. I can see plenty of harm coming from somebody having to make a decision over whether or not to take PED's in order to make the team.

And I hate in broadcasts of Giants/Jets games they some aerial footage of say Times Square. Lovely shot of East Rutherford.

Hahahahahahaha. Wait, you really want to see shots of East Rutherford? Let me laugh harder.

No I don't. But it is just another part of why it's ridiculous for both teams to claim New York. Aerial shots are supposed to be of the stadium and city. But for the Jets/Giants they show shots of Times Square or various parts of New York City, not where the teams play.

Archived