Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon's a lock. Who are the other BCS bowl participants again?

Actually, I don't think they will. Remember in 2009 when they went white, green, white for the Rose bowl. I would expect (complete speculation) Green, green, white. However, if they did, I would think it would be a throwback (We haven't exactly performed well in special Nike unis), similar to the Cal game. I'm curious as to what ASU and Ok State will play.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

nvm, I can see it now.

I don't think that's what they'll where. I believe they posted that before the UCLA game too. Perhaps they are trying to convince Oregon to where those, but I think we're doing the same thing TCU did (rejecting Nike's unis) because of how we played against LSU. There was a reason it took a long time for the carbon helmets to come out.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Nike posted this picture on their Facebook page after Oregon won Saturday. Maybe it is a sign of things to come? I hope so because I LOVE this set.

377208_10151018801820721_57460905720_21935234_1982824116_n.jpg

Can't see the picture, Can you give me the link?

Looks like the procombats with out volt but yellow instead. Could be a nice look.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

nvm, I can see it now.

I don't think that's what they'll where. I believe they posted that before the UCLA game too. Perhaps they are trying to convince Oregon to where those, but I think we're doing the same thing TCU did (rejecting Nike's unis) because of how we played against LSU. There was a reason it took a long time for the carbon helmets to come out.

The uniforms did not matter about the LSU game or the Auburn game! It was because they played SEC schools. Why don't people understand it is not the uniform but the team they play?

spacer.png

nvm, I can see it now.

The uniforms did not matter about the LSU game or the Auburn game! It was because they played SEC schools. Why don't people understand it is not the uniform but the team they play?

Because sports fans are very superstitious. I'm surprised you haven't picked up on this by now. Anyway, I really hope they don't where their pro combats. I hated those things (even before the game started).

nvm, I can see it now.

Because sports fans are very superstitious. I'm surprised you haven't picked up on this by now. Anyway, I really hope they don't where their pro combats. I hated those things (even before the game started).

I have picked up on this and I am telling you and everyone else like I always do that when you play an SEC powerhouse, you can be wearing SUPERMAN tights and you are still going to get your butt kicked.

spacer.png

nvm, I can see it now.

Not only are they winless in Volt, but both loses were in big games. On top of that Volt looks terrible.

I hear Oregon's wearing White-Red-White for this matchup.

Really? Where did you hear this?

On another note I could see Oklahoma State in a Pro Combat type uniform. Nike wants OSU to be the Oregon of the Big XII

Oh sorry meant Wisconsin. Just on a local sports radio station not talking about the Buckeyes for once. I doubt it though

Manchester-City-icon.png

How is it decided which team is the home team?

National Championship is the #1 team

Rose Bowl used to alternate between B1G and Pac, but currently the higher ranked team is home

Sugar Bowl is the SEC team except years like this where there isn't one

Not sure how the other big bowls do it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

To be completely honest, I can't tell the difference between this year's Rose Bowl uni and last year's Pro Combat uni for Oregon. They're always the same. Matte black helmet, black uni, black numbers, volt outline, barely visible wings, black pants. I know some Oregon fans will probably jump on this and tell the slight difference, but Oregon really needs to do something we haven't seen from them before (and I don't mean more black). Maybe a modern version of yellow-green-yellow? I can dream, can't I?

I hear Oregon's wearing White-Red-White for this matchup.

Really? Where did you hear this?

On another note I could see Oklahoma State in a Pro Combat type uniform. Nike wants OSU to be the Oregon of the Big XII

Oh sorry meant Wisconsin. Just on a local sports radio station not talking about the Buckeyes for once. I doubt it though

I love how the idea of Oregon wearing a red jersey was believable. Just because they've become this wacky and outlandish, you can't put anything past them. For most other teams the reaction would have been, oh he must be joking or made a mistake. But for Oregon it was: really?

90758391980.gif

To be completely honest, I can't tell the difference between this year's Rose Bowl uni and last year's National Championship uni for Oregon. They're always the same. Matte black helmet, black uni, black numbers, volt outline, barely visible wings, black pants. I know some Oregon fans will probably jump on this and tell the slight difference, but Oregon really needs to do something we haven't seen from them before (and I don't mean more black). Maybe a modern version of yellow-green-yellow? I can dream, can't I?

Do you mean the pro combat unis? Last years National Championship unis had a carbon helmet and pants, with a white jersey.

To be completely honest, I can't tell the difference between this year's Rose Bowl uni and last year's National Championship uni for Oregon. They're always the same. Matte black helmet, black uni, black numbers, volt outline, barely visible wings, black pants. I know some Oregon fans will probably jump on this and tell the slight difference, but Oregon really needs to do something we haven't seen from them before (and I don't mean more black). Maybe a modern version of yellow-green-yellow? I can dream, can't I?

Do you mean the pro combat unis? Last years National Championship unis had a carbon helmet and pants, with a white jersey.

Yes, I did.

Archived