Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

GoDucks.com has this listing:

01/02/12

2:00 PM

@ Wisconsin

AWAY

Obviously the game is not in Oregon, but it isn't in Madison either. I take this to mean that Oregon will be the road team. (But I agree with whoever said that the Rose Bowl should allow color-on-color, since whatever Oregon chooses will contrast with Wisconsin.)

I hope they wear either this:

Black (Volt "O") Helmet

White (Volt numbers outlined in Black) Jerseey

Black Pants

Volt Shoes

or this:

Yellow (Black "O") Helmet

White (Yellow numbers outlined in Black)

Black Pants

Yellow Shoes

While it is not impossible, both of those jerseys you have listed do not exist, nor has Oregon gone with a yellow helmet with black O.

Trust me, I know what Oregon has as far as uniforms and I was just saying that is my dream scenario if they are considered to be the away team. Now if they are the Home team, then obviously my wish list would change and that would be one of these:

Black (Volt "O") Helmet

Black (Black numbers outlined in Volt) Jersey

Black Pants

Volt Shoes

or

Yellow (Black "O") Helmet

Black (Yellow numbers outlined in Silver) Jersey

Yellow Pants

Black Shoes

spacer.png

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope volt doesn't even enter the city limits of Pasadena. For a game like the Rose Bowl, Oregon really should steer clear from the gimmicky and wear thier more traditional colors. Even if that means wearing white-green-white again (which I doubt they'll do, I'm just throwing it out there).

It's just my honest and humble opinion, and not at all a slight at any fans of the modern look. That gimmicky volt, if it HAS to be worn, belongs in a bowl like the Maaco Las Vegas or something. But in the Grandaddy of Them All (and for that matter, the NCG last year)? Nuh-uh. Heck, I'd be fine with the Ducks stormtrooping if they wanted, just so long as there's both green and gold somewhere.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I really hope volt doesn't even enter the city limits of Pasadena. For a game like the Rose Bowl, Oregon really should steer clear from the gimmicky and wear thier more traditional colors. Even if that means wearing white-green-white again (which I doubt they'll do, I'm just throwing it out there).

It's just my honest and humble opinion, and not at all a slight at any fans of the modern look. That gimmicky volt, if it HAS to be worn, belongs in a bowl like the Maaco Las Vegas or something. But in the Grandaddy of Them All (and for that matter, the NCG last year)? Nuh-uh. Heck, I'd be fine with the Ducks stormtrooping if they wanted, just so long as there's both green and gold somewhere.

I understand that the Rose Bowl is traditional, but I believe that is half the problem with college football. People want to keep the Rose Bowl one certain way only Pac 12 versus Big 10, but I believe that it is time to modern that bowl and the teams that play (playoffs) in it as well as the uniforms for the game.

spacer.png

I don't agree. I don't think the volt should be limited to small bowl games. I think it should be limited to the trash can.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I don't agree. I don't think the volt should be limited to small bowl games. I think it should be limited to the trash can.

LOL! I have loved the volt (neon green) color since Nike and Andre Agassi introduced it back in the 1990s.

agassi.jpg

spacer.png

I understand that the Rose Bowl is traditional, but I believe that is half the problem with college football. People want to keep the Rose Bowl one certain way only Pac 12 versus Big 10, but I believe that it is time to modern that bowl and the teams that play (playoffs) in it as well as the uniforms for the game.

I respect that opinion, and in all honesty as far as changing up participants, I'm all for it in any other bowl (it's pretty much already come to that in most major bowls - Utah and Hawaii, for example, certainly broke Sugar Bowl tradition). But I think the Rose Bowl is the absolute one bowl whose tradition in all aspects of the game should remain intact. That's why despite me being a huge fan of TCU's season last year (my grandpa is an alum), I was against them participating in the Rose Bowl and preffered them playing in any of the other BCS bowls or NCG. It's just my humble opinion on the matter.

Haha, and Spleen, I said if it HAD to be worn. My preferred place for volt would be the trash can too :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I respect that opinion, and in all honesty as far as changing up participants, I'm all for it in any other bowl (it's pretty much already come to that in most major bowls - Utah and Hawaii, for example, certainly broke Sugar Bowl tradition). But I think the Rose Bowl is the absolute one bowl whose tradition in all aspects of the game should remain intact. That's why despite me being a huge fan of TCU's season last year (my grandpa is an alum), I was against them participating in the Rose Bowl and preffered them playing in any of the other BCS bowls or NCG. It's just my humble opinion on the matter.

Haha, and Spleen, I said if it HAD to be worn. My preferred place for volt would be the trash can too :D

I completely understand. I guess my point was more towards the fact that the Big 10 and the Rose Bowl are the major hold-ups to a playoff system or +1 bowl. They said the other day on ESPN radio that the Big 10 commissioner is the only one that is against a +1 because he believes the Rose Bowl should only be played by Pac-12 and Big 10 schools.

spacer.png

LOL! I have loved the volt (neon green) color since Nike and Andre Agassi introduced it back in the 1990s.

agassi.jpg

I don't hate the volt so much as I hate Oregon using it. I mean, their pro combats hurt my eyes! I mean, I can handle the black, white, and even carbon, but the Volt is too much Nike. That being said, if it HAD to be used, a mono volt PC would be so awful it would be awesome, and that's what I hope they do as their next PC. As a trim color, it seemed out of place, and it stood out to much, but as a main color, I actaully think it would be easier on the eyes (as long as they played out doors, because I think the Jones Dome contributed to the blindingness of the uniforms), and it would match Oregon's craziness much more.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I just hope Washington avoids the black Unis.

I wish Nike would do a Pro-Combat for UW though. Seems every other school has one. Why not UW?

I'd love to see UW in a black helmet with a Purple "W" outlined in Gold.

This was posted on a blog earlier this year. If they want to wear black, this looks much better.

uwuniforms_blackhelmet.jpg

I just hope Washington avoids the black Unis.

I wish Nike would do a Pro-Combat for UW though. Seems every other school has one. Why not UW?

I'd love to see UW in a black helmet with a Purple "W" outlined in Gold.

This was posted on a blog earlier this year. If they want to wear black, this looks much better.

uwuniforms_blackhelmet.jpg

Thats exactly what I was talking about in an earlier post. Thing of beauty.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

I am a current Oregon student and we are hoping they wear the fighting ducks jerseys with a yellow helmet with the fighting duck logo with a rose threw it.

I am a current Oregon student and we are hoping they wear the fighting ducks jerseys with a yellow helmet with the fighting duck logo with a rose threw it.

how does a rose throw a duck?..I don't get it.

I hope they don't because that is one jersey that I ABSOLUTELY HATE from Oregon.

spacer.png

Like how tcu had a rose on their helmet last year.

Like how tcu had a rose on their helmet last year.

"through"...

"threw" is the past tense of throw...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That would be really nice. I'd be all for that, honestly. Wouldn't be a bad idea at all to try the Puddles logo out on a helmet.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Maybe this crappy jersey will shed some light on Oregon Vs. Wisconsin

http://wisconsinrosebowl.com/products/view/3372/1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived