DolphinManatee's Miami Marlins Concept

DolphinManatee

I have decided on the name of the Fort Lauderdale team. Let me introduce to you the Fort Lauderdale...

...Loggerheads!!! (As in sea turtles.)

Now I want some color recommendations for both this team and some recommendation on which shade of royal blue and green I should use.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, with the team in FtLauderdale, the closest team will be in Charlotte.

First, I was planning to move Fort Lauderdale to AA and Jacksonville to AAA. Second, the Alaska Aces (ECHL) are 1800 miles away from their nearest opponent as opposed to the 600 mile distance between Charlotte and Fort Lauderdale.

This looks really cool. can i see a wordmark?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

my only complaint is that the Marlins/Miami fonts are different. It needs to be uniform between both uniforms. Change that and the M on the cap and it's a solid design.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The Rays' shade of blue looks almost violet, as drdougfresh said, make it darker. Other than that, it's a pretty good concept.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Another Update on the Marlins:

(I darkened the shade of orange to a more redder orange. I also included a batting practice jersey and cap.)

MiamiMarlinsUniform-1.png

Update on the Rays:

(I replaced both the sunburst and the devil ray with a "sun ray", a combination of the sunburst and a stingray. And just like above I included a B.P. jersey and cap. The shade of blue is intentional, and I can't darken it because it would be to similar to green in grayscale.)

TampaBayRaysUniformConcept-1.png

I will post a Jacksonville Suns concept as soon as I figure out how to create a font. (I get lost when it comes to picking the right font.)

Here it is, all teams in the Marlins organization from MLB to Advanced-A (C&C would be greatly appreciated):

Miami Marlins - Major League Baseball - National League

MiamiMarlinsUniform-2.png

Jacksonville Suns - Triple-A - International League

JacksonvilleSuns.png

Fort Lauderdale Loggerheads - Double-A - Southern League

FortLauderdaleLoggerheads.png

Fort Myers Palms - Advanced-A - Florida State League

FortMyersPalms.png

Backstory: The Marlins swap AAA teams with the Braves (the Braves get the New Orleans Zephyrs and the Marlins get Gwinnett Braves [who were a one point in history the Miami Marlins of the International League]). The Jacksonville Suns, because of excellent attendance, gets promoted to AAA, while the AAA team in Gwinnett gets demoted to AA and relocates to Fort Lauderdale, changing its name to the Loggerheads. The Marlins move the spring training site from Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter to the vacant City of Palms Park near Downtown Fort Myers, and with it came the relocation of the Jupiter Hammerheads to Fort Myers, adopting the nickname "Palms" for the city's nickname.

Side Note: Reasons for the Palms' color scheme:

-1: The local professional hockey team and NCAA Division 1 university (Florida Everblades and Florida Gulf Coast University Eagles, respectively) both use a similar color scheme.

-2: A lot of the signage around the city are in either in blue and green or teal (which is essentially right between blue and green).

-3: The city is nicknamed the "City of Palms" because of the original abundance of royal palm trees, I think. (I think that explains why royal blue is one of the colors, that and palm fronds are green)

Archived