Team USA's New World Cup of Hockey Jerseys

Reaper

I've just seen a pic of Team USA's new jerseys for the World Cup of Hockey.

Man, are they horrible. They are called "Vintage Jerseys" but I don't recall Team USA ever wearing sweatshirts meant for an 8 year old...

mike%20modano%20chris%20chelios%20wldcup%2004%20600.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for retro if done properly and minimalist design, but this takes it to another level. If they wanted to go retro that everyone would love, why didn't they just trot out the 1980 jerseys. Instant merchandizing tie-in, and people would love them.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

This could be cool if they just had done a few things.

1: Hem striping. If you say it's a vintage look, you gotta have the striping in the right places. Just duplicate the sleeve striping on the hem and you're good.

2: I like that logo. In fact I made one a long while back that looks almost exactly like it. This logo just needs to be bigger. A lot bigger.

3. That collar looks wierd. Maybe because they're wearing it over dress shirts or something, but it looks like the collar is standing up too much and not lying flat. That and it looks like a T-shirt neck. It's too round and doesn't scoop down in front. That make sense to anybody but me?

Could have been cool, but as usual, Nike messed it up.

EDIT: usahockey.com says these jerseys are "Nike's modern interpretation" of the 1932 Team USA uniforms.

That little crest in the centre looks like Team Slovakia or something. These are the ugliest international jerseys I've ever seen. With jerseys that ugly, they couldn't possibly win gold. :flagcanada: -not with Team Canada skating in style.

I actually kinda like 'em. Wondering if the light colored ones will be cream to go along with this whole vintage concept.

Honestly, if that's the case, I'd buy one... I'm actually starting to warm up to them a little bit... I wish it was navy instead of royal blue, though.

I think the reason I disliked them at first is because they are very different from anything else.... but maybe that's not so bad.

I'll wait a week and see if I like them.

Does anyone else think that the shade of red used for the numbers looks brighter than all the other red on the uni?

And another thing: The USA Hockey logo in the background leaves alot to be desired. The tail behind the star is terrible. I know what the point is for it, but it is poorly executed. :mad:

Does anyone else think that the shade of red used for the numbers looks brighter than all the other red on the uni?

Tackle twill has more sheen than the other materials... It's probably a lighting thing.

they aren't THAT bad...

they definately aren't great uniforms, and i definately prefer the good ole navy colored salt lake sweater that i bought, but i don't think these are the worst uniforms i've ever seen...

i like them better than what we wore at the last world cup, with some kind of odd sublimated waving flag/fire/drop shadowed nastiness.

if the logo were bigger, i'd be a bigger fan of these... it's a nice logo, from what i can see, just too small. but as it stands, i'll wait until i see them action before i make a final judgement call.

Archived