Facebook Timeline Cover Photos

wyopokes2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got the Michael Jordan Wings poster, looks pretty cool above my face. I had a lot of trouble with it though. The image wouldnt center, and the 'drag to reposition' command just straight-up wouldnt work. But alas, I'm settled in.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I mean it can only go 72 dpi.

Good to know.

Mine's blurry but if you put a quick sharpen on it before all is said and done it helps a little, or a high pass layer. It won't make it perfect but it cleans it up a little.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are these terms? I only have Inkscape and Gimp so maybe I'm just not familiar with the AI or Photoshop lingo.

They are photoshop functions sorry. Depending on what your using also most photo programs have a sharpen option that can help.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Good to know.

Mine's blurry but if you put a quick sharpen on it before all is said and done it helps a little, or a high pass layer. It won't make it perfect but it cleans it up a little.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are these terms? I only have Inkscape and Gimp so maybe I'm just not familiar with the AI or Photoshop lingo.

They are photoshop functions sorry. Depending on what your using also most photo programs have a sharpen option that can help.

I see...the issue I have is that the image looks fine until I upload it to Facebook. So how does using a "sharpen" tool prior to uploading to Facebook help at all?

gYH2mW9.png

Good to know.

I see...the issue I have is that the image looks fine until I upload it to Facebook. So how does using a "sharpen" tool prior to uploading to Facebook help at all?

If you slightly oversharpen it, then when Facebook screws it up, it will almost look normal.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Good to know.

If you slightly oversharpen it, then when Facebook screws it up, it will almost look normal.

Thanks, I'll try and play around with it tonight. The dpi on the image I'm uploading to Facebook isn't much higher than the 72dpi someone mentioned previously.

gYH2mW9.png

Congrats on the win last night wILL. Paul was fun to watch. Especially since I hate Ohio State.

Thank you! Paul was on another level last night, and I'm so happy it happened against OSU...

On topic, I also think brightness comes into effect, I've noticed with mine the orange darkens a little when I upload, so now before I save I bump the brightness of the whole file up about 15% and that helps it some... Just and FYI

I think 851x314 is the official dimension of the timeline photo.

Various sites I checked listed it at 850x315

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

wILL-INI, I hope you don't mind but I have done something similar to yours. It was very inspiring. If you want I'll take it down, but for now I'm repping the 14-2 Cowboys

3968672.jpg?720

If you all are creating a Timeline cover image that is 850 x 315, what is the size and placement of the Facebook profile picture frame?

gYH2mW9.png

wILL-INI, I hope you don't mind but I have done something similar to yours. It was very inspiring. If you want I'll take it down, but for now I'm repping the 14-2 Cowboys

3968672.jpg?720

No at all. Glad I could inspire someone. I love the barbed wire btw.

I've gone relatively simple with mine:

395883_3061449255900_1253496522_33337321_144677291_n.jpg

I do like that schedule idea; once they release the 2012 schedule, I might well have to add that.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this as my prof pic for a little bit and was going to make a matching cover photo but the response on the prof pic wasn't good enough to inspire me... :D

Tyler.jpg

edit: my hair, angry expression, and nose bother me a bit on this though...may have to do another...

3968672.jpg?720

If you all are creating a Timeline cover image that is 850 x 315, what is the size and placement of the Facebook profile picture frame?

You could try taking a screencap to get a good idea of the size and positioning of the profile pic. That's what I did and worked great!

Archived