International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the networks covering the IFL should have an intro like

Yeah, always loved that intro.

@NS80: Dwertman showed me this link:http://ufl.50megs.com/. It's a text based simulator.

@Q34 & KMurphy: Not everyone will have alternates, I'm just throwing these out as the ideas come along. The Pharaohs alternate has both home & road because I wanted to see the design applied both ways. I might just go permanent if I like them well enough.

Here's a little experiment I did this afternoon. I gave the Shoguns a "touch of wasabi". What do you guys think? Would this be a good permanent fix?

Tokyo__Logo_svg-rect12783-4294966908.png

me like!

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Are the expansion teams going to all be announced before the concepts are made up or is it gonna be more of a surprise unveiling?

The expansion franchises will be:

-Honolulu

-Seattle

-Toronto

-Detroit

-Sydney

-Moscow

I'll announce the team names soon.

Here's the scores from week 4! How about that thriller in Tokyo?? almost 1,000 yards offense between the two teams!

Scorecardsvg-rect5630-4294966280.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

With your skills, my hopes are definitely high for Honolulu. I don't wanna badger you with suggestions so I'll just say I hope you take the obvious choice here. Keep up the great work nonetheless!

Midway.png

TO ALL: I'm taking suggestions for expansion team names, so sound off!!

@NS80: I did the layouts myself. I would be a little wary (with all due respect to you, of course) about leaking them out for public use without proper citation. But you should be inspired to come up with your own kickass layouts! I got the inspiration for the ID slick from looking at a foreign currency display in the economics building at my school. Check out designs of your favorite packaging, or webpage backgrounds for more ideas!

@Q34: Yeah, I made two white circles and put a 30% blur on them, and brought the opacity down at different levels to fit the helmet colors. I dig the glossy, "fresh paint" feel that it adds:)

Here's a few for your viewing pleasure...

Chicago__Logo_svg-rect12783-3-4294966486.png

Cleveland__Logo_svg-rect12783-3-750.png

Dallas__Logo_svg-rect12783-3-361.png

Las_Vegas__Logo_svg-rect12783-3-4294966779.png

London__Logo_svg-rect12783-3-4294967139.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Man those look sweet. Love the outlaws update.

As for names for expansions...

Seattle: Thunderbirds. Something to represent the West Coast

Honolulu: Reef Kings. You had that in the IFL 2.0 and I thought it was awesome.

Toronto: Norsemen. Same explanation as above.

Detroit: Rebels. A tough sounding name for a tough city.

Sydney: Devils. Based off Tasmanian Devils.

Moscow: No idea...sorry.

Milwaukee Coopers. Another shout out to brewing here in MKE.

Honolulu Boars or Tuskers: lots of wild pigs in Hawaii

Moscow Twins: A strange take on the Twins name, Russia has that pretty double headed eagle that could make for a great football logo.

Moscow Saints: The Moscow flag has an image of St. George killing a dragon.

Anchorage Nights: A snowy, night and knight theme could work well for the oft-night Alaska.

Utah Drones: Bees are fairly popular in Utah monickers, but aside from the ameatur sounding "buzz" or "swarm" its hard to do a mass of bees. Drones with a logo of a couple bees might be great.

Mexico City Angels: easy to translate to spanish, great statue downtown to base this on. Could use the eagle/snake myth as a secondary logo.

Moscow Whitecaps

Detroit Daemons(a clever way of saying "Demons")

Sydney Snipers

Toronto Hogs

Seattle Emeralds

Liked the Reef Kings for Honolulu as well

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Honolulu Tikis - there's just so many designs you can draw from like Haida pattern striping, unique tribal style color schemes, and Tikis just embody Polynesian culture as a whole so marketing the brand would be a cinch. Plus the name just flows well

Seattle Tridents, Rovers, Ravagers, Voyagers - Maritime theme

Midway.png

Archived