International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

I like the new vipers much more. In the previous version, I wasn't a fan of the way the snake ended, but this fixes that.

Im about to get really nit-picky, but it's something small that bothers me when I see it, especially since these are top-notch logos otherwise. I am referring to the lettering on ORLANDO VIPERS. When two words are one on top of the other, I feel that both words should slant at the same angle (since presumably both words are on the same plain). The individual letters on top should change its slant equally with letter below it. So here in the VIPERS wordmark, the VIP slants slightly leftward, which is fine, but the ORL in ORLANDO slant much more to the left. If you draw a line straight up from each VIPERS letter, the letter directly above the letter below should be roughly parallel. The NDO in ORLANDO seems about right compared to the ERS in VIPERS directly below it, but it's that ORL that is off. I'm not sure which program you use, but in Illustrator I take each individual letter if Im having problems, and use the "skew" tool to angle each individual letter to the same angle as the letter below it. I'm sure there is no "rule" about this, but for the most part, most quality logos seem to follow this.

So that's my nit-pick.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the new Vipers logo, it looks better as than the other one. I don't think the new Barons logo is better than the original.

As for the australian team, I say you should use Melbourne instead of Sydney because it's better and because I live in near that city as well.

I like the new vipers much more. In the previous version, I wasn't a fan of the way the snake ended, but this fixes that.

...the ORL in ORLANDO slant much more to the left. If you draw a line straight up from each VIPERS letter, the letter directly above the letter below should be roughly parallel. The NDO in ORLANDO seems about right compared to the ERS in VIPERS directly below it, but it's that ORL that is off. I'm not sure which program you use, but in Illustrator I take each individual letter if Im having problems, and use the "skew" tool to angle each individual letter to the same angle as the letter below it. I'm sure there is no "rule" about this, but for the most part, most quality logos seem to follow this.

So that's my nit-pick.

I use Inkscape. I'm not sure if there is a skew tool for text.

What I've been doing is converting the text into a path, and moving each and every node into the composition that I want, which is extremely tedious. I see what you're talking about, though. I'm gonna try to master it. If I can't, I might just make a whole new one altogether. I still want it to be Serpentine-esque, or something close to it.

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Why is Moscow in the Asia/Oceania Division instead of the European Division?

By the way, you spelled Oceania wrong. It's missing an "I".

As for the logos of the Cleveland Barons and Orlando Vipers, they're both solid upgrades.

And for the Australian team, I would put them in Sydney.

YOZXkBG.png?1

By the way, you spelled Oceania wrong. It's missing an "I".

As for the logos of the Cleveland Barons and Orlando Vipers, they're both solid upgrades.

And for the Australian team, I would put them in Sydney.

Moscow is the furthest east of the 5 teams based in Europe so with 4 team divisions one of them had to go somewhere.

Sydney would be cool, but be I like the idea of Melbourne or another Australian city myself.

oh and for my money..green and red dragon on red helmet for me

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

just caught up reading the entire thread. GREAT JOB!! Loving all of the concepts (especially the updated ones). Some of my particular favorites are the ones with the helmets that's like the Vikings, Eagles, Rams, etc. Those teams where they actually show off the helmet as a logo itself, not just slapping a logo on the side and call it a day.

I'm curious, how did you decide on which city to pick/use for your league? Like why did you pick that city while another city didn't get a team?

IowaOaks.png

...the ORL in ORLANDO slant much more to the left. If you draw a line straight up from each VIPERS letter, the letter directly above the letter below should be roughly parallel. The NDO in ORLANDO seems about right compared to the ERS in VIPERS directly below it, but it's that ORL that is off. I'm not sure which program you use, but in Illustrator I take each individual letter if Im having problems, and use the "skew" tool to angle each individual letter to the same angle as the letter below it. I'm sure there is no "rule" about this, but for the most part, most quality logos seem to follow this.

So that's my nit-pick.

I use Inkscape. I'm not sure if there is a skew tool for text.

What I've been doing is converting the text into a path, and moving each and every node into the composition that I want, which is extremely tedious. I see what you're talking about, though. I'm gonna try to master it. If I can't, I might just make a whole new one altogether. I still want it to be Serpentine-esque, or something close to it.

Yeah, I don't know inkscape well, but moving each individual node can be a tedious bitch. It's pretty much the only thing that seemed off in this whole well-executed series. Other than that I really like the Vipers and Barons updates.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Russia is a part of the continent of Asia, not in Europe.

Russia is part of both Asia and Europe. However, Moscow is in Europe.

uh oh, looks like your going to have to add another 4 teams to get 5 in each division if you move Moscow to Europe!

vegasbowl.png

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Russia is a part of the continent of Asia, not in Europe.

Russia is part of both Asia and Europe. However, Moscow is in Europe.

uh oh, looks like your going to have to add another 4 teams to get 5 in each division if you move Moscow to Europe!

Or, in an even better idea, how about moving the Athens team (the Athenian Tritons) to Seoul, South Korea, thus putting the South Korean team in the Asia/Oceania Division and the Moscow team in the European Division?

YOZXkBG.png?1

Good work Julius all the banter in this thread is deafening, as for the Australian team how about in the middle Canberra is almost half way between Sydney and Melbourne.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Detroit

Detroit Sounds (or, Motor City Sounds) - Detroit's rich and diverse musical heritage has spanned R&B, Jazz, Rock, Hip-Hop, and the Pop-influenced Soul of the so-called "Motown Sound".

Motor City Machine(s)

Motor City Mayhem

Honolulu

Hawai'i Nightmarchers - Nightmarchers (huaka'i po in Hawai'ian) are the ghosts of ancient Hawai'ian warriors who march to the sites of past battles at night.

Hawai'i Niuhi (or, Honolulu Niuhi) - Niuhi is the Hawai'ian term for man-eating sharks, particularly the tiger-shark.

Honolulu Pueos - The Pueo is a species of owl native to the Hawai'ian Islands. In Hawai'ian culture, 'aumakua (ancestor spirits) were known to manifest themselves as Pueo.

Melbourne

Melbourne Bushrangers

Victoria Bushrangers

Moscow

Moscow All-Tsars (or, Все-Царь Москва)

Moscow Bears (or, Медведи Москва)

Moscow Super-Tsars (or, Супер-Царь Москва)

Russia All-Tsars (or, Все-Царь Россия)

Russia Bears (or, Медведи Россия)

Russia Super-Tsars (or, Супер-Царь Россия)

Seattle

Seattle Cutthroats - A species of trout - Native to the Pacific Northwest - with distinctive markings of red, orange, and pink along the underside of the jawbone and the lower gills. Hence, the name.

Seattle Sasquatch

Seattle Steelheads - "Steelhead" are the silver-to-steel blue-colored ocean-going form of Rainbow Trout.

Sydney

Sydney Kookaburras

Sydney Man o' Wars

Sydney Rock (or, Sydney Rockers)

Sydney Spiders - The male Sydney Funnel-web Spider is the most dangerous in Australia, and considered one of the most dangerous in the world.

Toronto

Toronto Loyalists

Archived