International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Tikis for a Hawaiian team. Whatever you do for them make sure you tie it into the islands native history. Great stuff can't wait to see what you come up with!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

-Honolulu: Hawaii Reef Kings

-Seattle: Rockers (Seattle is the birthplace of rock legend Jimi Hendrix and the "grunge" rock music style)

-Toronto: Norsemen

-Detroit: Engineers (reference to the nickname "Motor City")

-Sydney: Kangaroos

-Moscow: Emperors

YOZXkBG.png?1

The expansion franchises will be:

-Honolulu

-Seattle

-Toronto

-Detroit

-Sydney

-Moscow

Well, here are my suggestions:

Honolulu --- Hawai'i Tsunami or perhaps Pacific Volcanoes

Sydney - I really like the "Roos" idea, so that would be a good choice, but Aussie Outbackers might work too

Moscow - Of course, "Reds" is the obvious nickname, but "Legion" isn't bad......perhaps Moscow Vodkamen?

Toronto - Ontario Outlanders, or Toronto Troubadors, or Toronto Mounties (they always get their man......)

Detroit - Michigan Machinists, or Michigan Machine, or Detroit Dons (in honor of the Godfather director Francis Ford Coppola)

Seattle - Seattle Needles, or Northwest Needles, or Washington Whitecaps, or Washington Whalers, or Washington Whale Watchers, or Seattle Storm

And I do like the subtle "M" hidden in the Moscow logo....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Making that gear made me want to apply that to the Detroit logo, haha. I'll make more tweaks to them tomorrow. I was thinking of curving the text to flow with the top curve of the shields, it might clash better that way.

And either a crown or a star would fit nicely in that white space on the bottom logo, now that I look at it.

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

I don't mind the first logo, but I'm not big on the other ones. Only reason being is that it seems too soccer to me. Your other non-English speaking European teams (Stags, Sentinels) still have logos that are very "pro football". For some reason these Moscow concepts just don't feel that way to me.

Detroit

Detroit Sounds (or, Motor City Sounds) - Detroit's rich and diverse musical heritage has spanned R&B, Jazz, Rock, Hip-Hop, and the Pop-influenced Soul of the so-called "Motown Sound".

Motor City Machine(s)

Motor City Mayhem

Honolulu

Hawai'i Nightmarchers - Nightmarchers (huaka'i po in Hawai'ian) are the ghosts of ancient Hawai'ian warriors who march to the sites of past battles at night.

Hawai'i Niuhi (or, Honolulu Niuhi) - Niuhi is the Hawai'ian term for man-eating sharks, particularly the tiger-shark.

Honolulu Pueos - The Pueo is a species of owl native to the Hawai'ian Islands. In Hawai'ian culture, 'aumakua (ancestor spirits) were known to manifest themselves as Pueo.

Moscow

Moscow All-Tsars (or, Все-Царь Москва)

Moscow Bears (or, Медведи Москва)

Moscow Super-Tsars (or, Супер-Царь Москва)

Russia All-Tsars (or, Все-Царь Россия)

Russia Bears (or, Медведи Россия)

Russia Super-Tsars (or, Супер-Царь Россия)

Seattle

Seattle Cutthroats - A species of trout - Native to the Pacific Northwest - with distinctive markings of red, orange, and pink along the underside of the jawbone and the lower gills. Hence, the name.

Seattle Sasquatch

Seattle Steelheads - "Steelhead" are the silver-to-steel blue-colored ocean-going form of Rainbow Trout.

Sydney

Sydney Kookaburras

Sydney Man o' Wars

Sydney Rock (or, Sydney Rockers)

Sydney Spiders - The male Sydney Funnel-web Spider is the most dangerous in Australia, and considered one of the most dangerous in the world.

Toronto

Toronto Loyalists

I'm also Australian and i agree with lancealot that most of teams are named kangaroos or roos so that wouldn't be the best suggestion for Sydney.

Here are my suggestions:

Honolulu: Tikis

Sydney: Warratahs or Kookaburras

Moscow: Reds or Soviets

Detroit: Eagles or Mechanics

Toronto: Reds or Hart or Beavers

Seattle: Rockers or Pioneers

I think the Seattle Ospreys would be nice... it's an underused sea bird and something I think you could build a pretty unique concept around.

Oh is this where you put your teams title successes?

Well let's see, I support Northampton Town FC...

We've spent just one year in the top flight of English football in our entire history and that was in the 60's...

And that's it. We've been around for 115 years and that's all we have to show for it...

Oh, and I like the Cubs. I think I hate myself...

Archived