NASL's Minnesota Stars Now Minnesota United FC

-kj

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Non. :D (No, really, I don't; it's the state motto.)

Thank you, everyone. I'm really honored that I got to put my stamp on the identity of not only a professional team, but one that I follow very closely. The feedback at the event was very positive, and it looked like quite a few people bought merch.

This was roughly a six-month process; it was slow at first, but ramped up towards the end of the season. Here's a sample of some of the stops on the journey:

stars-progression.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Thank you, everyone. I'm really honored that I got to put my stamp on the identity of not only a professional team, but one that I follow very closely. The feedback at the event was very positive, and it looked like quite a few people bought merch.

This was roughly a six-month process; it was slow at first, but ramped up towards the end of the season. Here's a sample of some of the stops on the journey:

stars-progression.png

Ah, oui. "L'Etoile du Nord" actually means "The North Star" but you probably already knew that.

Now that I see the entire set, the Stars literally have a better set than most MLS teams (curse you NE Revolution and your out-of-date logos!).

spacer.png

Glad I can stop playing dumb now. You really knocked it out of the park, homie. Glad you're getting all the positive feedback that you deserve. This really is a top notch identity, and I'm glad you didn't listen to me when I insisted on the roundel. I think the final product is phenomenal!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

stars-progression.png

This gives me hope on the Miami Marlins concept I'm still working on. Well done Mockba.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

stars-progression.png

Thanks for posting the progression, seeing the way that a logo evolves into the finished product is one of the more fascinating parts of stuff like this, so it's really cool to see it.

Also, good job, man! Pretty big upgrade over what they had before. Love the fact that you kept the basic look of the old Star logo as a central element, yet the additions (such as the state motto) really work to improve it as well. Great job, and congratulations!

That's a fantastic crest Mockba! The colors are great and I love the update of the identity. Really, really sharp work. Congratulations!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That's really nice. I can't say much that the others have not said. My favorite feature is, as someone else put it, the "subtle" soccer ball.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Actually, it's a modified version of Outage. The motto's Wisdom Script.

Upon further review, Liquorstore appears to be one sexy font.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Actually, it's a modified version of Outage. The motto's Wisdom Script.

Upon further review, Liquorstore appears to be one sexy font.

Liquorstore is, of course, the font used by the NLL's Minnesota Swarm. (Actually they use two different versions, "standard" Liquorstore and Liquorstore Jazz, though the latter has been phased out in recent years.)

CCSLC signature.png

Archived