2012 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

In coaching news.... The Chiefs have taken the interim tag off of Romeo Crennel.

Also, Martyball coming to Tampa?? The Buccaneers plan to will interview Marty Schottenheimer for their vacant head coaching position.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Falcons OC Mike Mularkey will either be fired during this offseason or somehow fall into a HC gig somewhere.

Not just Mularkey, but I think the Falcons need to take a serious look at Mike Smith this offseason. Those questionable 4th Down calls of his this season were atrocious and inexcusable!

6uXNWAo.png

Hopefully Falcons OC Mike Mularkey will either be fired during this offseason or somehow fall into a HC gig somewhere.

Not just Mularkey, but I think the Falcons need to take a serious look at Mike Smith this offseason. Those questionable 4th Down calls of his this season were atrocious and inexcusable!

I don't think he'll be gone this offseason, but he'll definitely be on the hotseat next year. He wasn't as bad as Mularkey this year, but he was pretty bad himself at points during the season.

Everybody on the coaching staff is gonna be put on notice, I'm sure. That team w/ those weapons at the skill positions should not get virtually shut out against anybody.

Hue Jackson... YOUUUUUURRRRREEEE FIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRED!

Another season, and another head coach in Oakland has come and gone.

I don't think anyone saw that one coming.

Is it a slap to Hue Jackson's face that Tom Cable and Lane Kiffin lasted longer with the Raiders?

I think so.

6uXNWAo.png

Hue Jackson... YOUUUUUURRRRREEEE FIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRED!

Another season, and another head coach in Oakland has come and gone.

I don't think anyone saw that one coming.

Is it a slap to Hue Jackson's face that Tom Cable and Lane Kiffin lasted longer with the Raiders?

I think so.

Hue Jackson...

started 7-4 only to finish 8-8

traded this year's 1st round and a 2013 2nd round pick for a 32 year old QB.

left the team with no picks in rounds 1-4 of the upcoming draft.

In addition, he threw his whole team under the bus after the loss at Miami and went in reverse/forward over their bodies the rest of the season.

Following the death of Al Davis he ran the team, talked too much, and in the end did not win and has them in a bit of a cap mess and little ability to get youthful.

Mark Davis listened to a few people to hire McKenzie, namely Ken Herock and John Madden. Have the first GM there in 20 years not named Al Davis the opportunity to select his own coach. The coaching change is understandable.

As a kind-of Raiders fan (my family is entirely made up of Raiders fans, but the Patriots are Number One in my heart), here's hoping the next coach can finally finish the rebuilding process, so that this team can at least compete regularly in the craptastic division that is the AFC West.

Jeff Fisher, please. I know it's not going to happen, but it's a nice thought.

spacer.png

As a kind-of Raiders fan (my family is entirely made up of Raiders fans, but the Patriots are Number One in my heart), here's hoping the next coach can finally finish the rebuilding process, so that this team can at least compete regularly in the craptastic division that is the AFC West.

Jeff Fisher.

17 seasons...6 playoff appearances.

7 season at 8-8 or 7-9.

Jeff Fisher.

7 season at 8-8 or 7-9.

I like Jeff Fisher but the Raiders have always hired guys nobody has ever heard of. By my count the only coach the Raiders have only ever hired two coaches with previous NFL head coaching experience (not counting Art Shell's rehire) out of the 17 different coaches the Raiders have ever had. Joe Bugel and Norv Turner.

Jeff Fisher.

7 season at 8-8 or 7-9.

And better than what the Raiders have had since the Gannon era.

Not to mention, he built a team that hung with the "Greatest Show on Turf" Rams in the Super Bowl. Sure, his final seasons in Tennessee weren't anything to right home about, but who else is available that's better? (actually, please tell me who else is available. I have no clue who is.)

spacer.png

Jeff Fisher.

7 season at 8-8 or 7-9.

I like Jeff Fisher but the Raiders have always hired guys nobody has ever heard of. By my count the only coach the Raiders have only ever hired two coaches with previous NFL head coaching experience out of the 17 different coaches the Raiders have ever had. Joe Bugel and Norv Turner.

didn't they re hire Art Shell a few years ago?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Jeff Fisher.

7 season at 8-8 or 7-9.

I like Jeff Fisher but the Raiders have always hired guys nobody has ever heard of. By my count the only coach the Raiders have only ever hired two coaches with previous NFL head coaching experience (not counting Art Shell's rehire) out of the 17 different coaches the Raiders have ever had. Joe Bugel and Norv Turner.

From everything I've heard, Jeff Fisher to St. Louis is pretty much a done deal.

Sticking with their hallowed tradition, Oakland will probably hire another virtual unknown. :wacko:

6uXNWAo.png

Jeff Fisher.

7 season at 8-8 or 7-9.

From everything I've heard, Jeff Fisher to St. Louis is pretty much a done deal.

Sticking with their hallowed tradition, Oakland will probably hire another virtual unknown. :wacko:

And he'll be gone in a season or two.

Jeff Fisher.

7 season at 8-8 or 7-9.

I like Jeff Fisher but the Raiders have always hired guys nobody has ever heard of. By my count the only coach the Raiders have only ever hired two coaches with previous NFL head coaching experience out of the 17 different coaches the Raiders have ever had. Joe Bugel and Norv Turner.

didn't they re hire Art Shell a few years ago?

Yup. Led the team to a 2-14 record and promptly "resigned".

spacer.png

People rag on Jeff Fisher, but he got the Titans within one yard of a Super Bowl title without a whole lot of talent.

Steve McNair wasn't great (but he wasn't bad, either), Eddie George barely averaged 3 yards per carry and the only notable players on that defense were Kearse and Bullock. I honestly think the Rams are more talented RIGHT NOW than that Titans Super Bowl squad. Plus, he was forced to draft and play a QB he wasn't a fan of in Vince Young -- and the Titans were STILL in the hunt for a playoff berth for most of his time in Tennessee.

That being said, I'm not delusional enough to think the Rams or Dolphins will be playing in February any time soon, but a lot of teams in this league could do worse than hiring Jeff Fisher.

Also, I think somebody should hire Brian Billick.

Sigs are for sissies.

Bears are a few days away from realizing that nobody wants their GM job with the restrictions of power they're going to inherit at the insistence of our idiotic team brass. Thus 2012 will be the Tim Ruskell experience, and hopefully it will only last for one year.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Brian Billick? I see him as a total failure. Granted, he won a Super Bowl thanks to his defense, but he was a supposed offensive mastermind who couldn't put together a solid offense despite having potential hall of famers at TL and TE. I don't get why he is mentioned as a hot candidate now.

As for the 2011 Rams being more talented than the 99 Titans - no. Eddie George was one of the top RBs in football for a few years and he averaged 4.1 ypc in 1999. The Titans also had some pretty good receivers, though nothing compared to the Rams. McNair might not be a hall of famer, but he was a borderline great QB and one hell of a competitor.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived