V.V.G.H.L.: Vintage Video Game Hockey League

Morgan33

remove the blue. take the third jersey and apply the colours to the road and home. WINNER! Can you do a Kirby concept? or sonic?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remove the blue. take the third jersey and apply the colours to the road and home. WINNER! Can you do a Kirby concept? or sonic?

I used blue because there is another green, gold and white team in this series. Not that it's a bad idea. I do have a Sonic concept in the works so stay tuned :flagcanada:

I used blue because there is another green, gold and white team in this series. Not that it's a bad idea. I do have a Sonic concept in the works so stay tuned :flagcanada:

yeah! cant wait to see it. i would love a kirby one but sonic is just bas cool. (kirbys dreamland was the first video game i ever beat!)

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

That 3rd jersey was exactly what I had in mind when I mentioned it. But as a primary set, I'd like to see a white version.

I hear what you're saying but Im too pleased with the Home and Away to change them. Perhaps I will make a bonus set after the series concludes based on the alternate with a matching white.

Time for the next entry in the series!

The Pittsburgh Yoshi's

I drew inspiration from various Penguins jerseys for this one like the current colour scheme and the angular shoulder yokes of the Robo-Penguin era duds. I was originally going to use bright green in place of vegas gold but it just didn't say Pittsburgh... or look very good. The Primary logo is a profile view of Yoshi and includes both a "P" and a "Y." For the alternate I toke a risk and went primarily with Vegas Gold and a unique hemline pattern. To tell the truth I'm not pleased with how it turned out. I really thought the Athletic Gold logo would pop more on the VG background. Ah well, still thought it was interesting to post.

08pittsburghyoshis.png

C & C as always is encouraged and greatly appreciated

like the third the most.... i see you got some inspiration from paper mario : the thousand year door as the baby yoshi looks very similar. well executed. however why yellow and not green?

like the third the most.... i see you got some inspiration from paper mario : the thousand year door as the baby yoshi looks very similar. well executed. however why yello and not green?

Pittsburgh_Flag.png

3102.gif

big-ben.jpg

wghqrev2xvmfd75hf5zhttf2f_display_image.gif?1302478857

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I definitely like it, but I agree with the comments concerning green.

I'd also like to see the third jersey logo feature yoshi with the tongue out, and red incorporated in the third jersey's color scheme. Also, using his egg would be an ideal shoulder logo.

But, I also realize how tough it must be doing this series by hand, and I would understand if you weren't all for starting over. Seriously, great drawing though, that yoshi looks incredible, and the lines are impeccable

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Thank you guys for the constructive feedback. I will be redoing the Yoshi's based on your suggestions though I cannot do it as quickly as people who do concepts digitally so look out for it sometime next week :). In the meantime, here is the next entry in the series...

The Victoria Knights

This is why I was so reluctant to go with green for both the Triforce and Yoshi's. This league already has a green team! Anyhow, this concept is based off one of my favourite video game series of all time, Heroes of Might and Magic. Went with a medieval theme and tried to make the shoulder striping mimic a Knights armour. I am particularly proud of the palette as I have not seen Green, Gold and Black used with silver on a hockey jersey. For the alternate I went the Black for Black's sake route. Why? I just liked the way it looked.

05victoriaknights.png

As always C & C is encouraged and greatly appreciated. Cheers

NOW I SEE! this looks awesome. i'm going to have to check this game out! after this series is done, are you going to take requests?

This will be the last one I post this week as I have decided to redo a few of the ones I'm not as proud of. On to the sixth concept of the series!

The Calgary Marios

For this one, I wanted to think outside of the box and incorporate design elements from the dye sublimation era of 1996 (Wild Wing, Burger King, etc). The hemline stripes incorporate a familiar pattern from the first Mario Bros while the right sleeves give a nod to the Robo-Penguin third with an assymetrical design featuring the classic green pipe. In spite of these non-traditional elements, I still wanted them to look like hockey jerseys which is why I went with simple bold stripes and a traditional shoulder yoke. For the alternate I went the full fauxback route and incorporated vintage white for the first (and only) time in the series.

03calgarymarios.png

C & C welcome as always. I will be back next week to finish the series :)

Mario needs eyebrows.

ign-presents-the-history-of-super-mario-bros-20071108044756624.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

yeah he does. but your mario looks unique. i see you trued to incorporate all 3 types of mario (paper, original,baby) into the design. nice work!

Archived