Peyton Manning To Retire

Cujo

Rob Lowe tweets "Manning to retire"

It sounds like Lowe is pretty good friends with Colts onwer Jim Irsay, so who's to say that's not his source? And even with Archie denying the reports, we all know "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

Regardless, I hope that if this story IS true, that Manning is calling it quits because of his injured neck and NOT because he's "taking his ball and going home" because the Colts plan to replace him with Andrew Luck this spring. It'd be too bad if that were the case, because he was still at the top of his game the season before last. You all saw how bad they Colts were without him -- that tells you just how great of player Peyton Manning is/was.

6uXNWAo.png

You know, a lot of people are going to say that this is even more of a reason to get a QB. I'm going to say wrong. With the first pick of the Draft, the Colts need to either draft either David DeCastro, or Justin Blackmon. QB is not their problem. Their QB (how ever you spell his last name) can play. But you could draft the best QB ever, and if there is no offensive line, or no weapons for him to throw to, it's useless. I would try to trade to draft both of those players, and then next year, draft Barkley.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You know, a lot of people are going to say that this is even more of a reason to get a QB. I'm going to say wrong. With the first pick of the Draft, the Colts need to either draft either David DeCastro, or Justin Blackmon. QB is not their problem. Their QB (how ever you spell his last name) can play. But you could draft the best QB ever, and if there is no offensive line, or no weapons for him to throw to, it's useless. I would try to trade to draft both of those players, and then next year, draft Barkley.

Huh?

I like your plan, Andrew Luck isn't the one stop solution everyone thinks he'll be. Look at Sam Bradford right now, he's a decent QB, but he has no WRs and a weak OL.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I like your plan, Andrew Luck isn't the one stop solution everyone thinks he'll be. Look at Sam Bradford right now, he's a decent QB, but he has no WRs and a weak OL.

Yes, but outside of a franchise left tackle, those positions are much, much easier to fill than QB. If Luck really is this once in a generation talent, you need to get him. Great QBs make the players around them better. You can win a championship with a bad line, the Packers did it last year. You can't really win a championship with a bad QB.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes, but outside of a franchise left tackle, those positions are much, much easier to fill than QB. If Luck really is this once in a generation talent, you need to get him. Great QBs make the players around them better. You can win a championship with a bad line, the Packers did it last year. You can't really win a championship with a bad QB.

#coughtrentdifercough#

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

#coughtrentdifercough#

1)That was 12 years ago and the game has changed greatly in that time, towards and offensive game where defense is a luxury you don't always need (as evidenced by the #1 and #2 defenses getting torched on Saturday.

2)If that Ravens team played that season 100 times, they might only win the Super Bowl five times. Their defense was an all-time great, but you have an absolutely razor thin margin with a great D and a :censored:ty quarterback. You still have to get a whole bunch of lucky bounces.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

#coughtrentdifercough#

1)That was 12 years ago and the game has changed greatly in that time, towards and offensive game where defense is a luxury you don't always need (as evidenced by the #1 and #2 defenses getting torched on Saturday.

2)If that Ravens team played that season 100 times, they might only win the Super Bowl five times. Their defense was an all-time great, but you have an absolutely razor thin margin with a great D and a :censored:ty quarterback. You still have to get a whole bunch of lucky bounces.

You say defense is a luxury, and yet 3 of the teams in the championship round have survived this far thanks more to their defense than their offense. The Giants are a pretty balanced team, but the Ravens and 49ers have come through with somewhat mediocre QBs relying on a dominating defense.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Defense is almost a luxury. The Packers were the best team in football over this year despite having a horse :censored: defense. The Giants played a great defensive game against them, but as evidenced by the 15-1 record, more often than not their offense was going to be so dominant that they could cover up for the D. The Patriots are still playing depite having an equally terrible defense. Not to take anything away from the 49ers, but they got lucky with some of the Saints turnovers. Great defense or not, the Saints aren't going to turn the ball over five times too often. Even with those turnovers, the Niners needed a late score to win it. A team that can score 32 despite giving it away five times isn't going to lose too many games.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

All Imma say is this: its TWITTER.

Why so many people in this day and age feel the need to take Twitter as gospel and go runnin' tellin' dat completely befuddles me. Just a month or so, the new Jaguars owner's son twittered soliciting opinions for new uniforms; now seemingly half the Creamery swears up and down the Jags are getting new uniforms next season.

Slow down and breathe for a minute before running and telling is all I'm saying.

(And until this pops up on a more reputable source than Twitter, I'm taking with only a half-grain of salt.)

All that said, if Peyton is indeed done, I personally believe it's primarily due to his neck issues and if that's the case, he made up his mind about that long ago. Short of that, I wouldn't doubt the recent house-cleaning in Indianapolis might've added a bit of leverage to that decision, if he has in fact decided to hang them up for good.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Any QB can be good if you have the right weapons such as TE's, RBs, and WRs. However, If Luck is really an one of a generation player, get him. The Colts should trade the pick for several 2nd and 3rd round picks to make their D or O better. After that, they should draft Matt Barkley or Geno Smith.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

That's because the Rams pissed away all of their other picks on defensive players and high risk middling reward home run attempts that all failed horribly. Outside of Bradford and Laurinaitis, their drafts have been kind of terrible.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived