College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree, I think Oregon's rose bowl helmets looked a lot better. Those VT helmets are terrible, but not the worst ever or anything.

I didn't say it looked worse, I said it was dumber. No school colors and reflective on reflective. Combine that with wings coming out of the players head and you got a stupid helmet.

Man that turkey helmet looks dumb.

It may one of the dumbest and ugliest helmets of all time!

Not even close. Oregon Rose Bowl is dumber. Miami Green Pr Combat was dumber and uglier. Northwestern Adidas one-off was dumber. Neb's Wisco helmets are terrible...

What was dumb about the Miami Pro Combat helmet? It was green and had their logo on it.

helmet1c5.jpg

:therock:

You don't take one of the greatest helmets in all of football, professional or college, of all time and try to change it for change's sake. You want a green helmet in Miami, go throwback. If there's tha U on a helmet, it should be on a white shell with a white facemask and a green and orange stripe own the center.

Miami wore a Green helmet with that U on it from 1972-75. They didn't introduce the white helmet with the U until 77.

A0MJipYCIAAryhH.jpg

still not a fan of these... that means they will wear white 2 games at home, not to mention that one of the "home games" is played at FedEx field, and orange effect is the first game of the season at Lane... The standard Maroon jerseys may only be seen twice in Blacksburg

A0CAUOICYAAgTmP.jpg

I dont like those helmets at all... it looks like they have just taken the car decals that are popular in the SW Va...

They should have kept with the theme of the last two years for the white out and gone with the last few white helmets... yes its the stormtrooper look, but they look decent with these two helmet designs

Miami wore a Green helmet with that U on it from 1972-75. They didn't introduce the white helmet with the U until 77.

This crow tastes bad. It's still ugly and the black facemask makes it worse, but I forgot that was an almost-throwback.

I completely agree, the black facemask looks really bad on it. I don't like the helmet much overall, but I didn't like their other throwback helmet that they wore in 2005 either. No matter what they should never use a different helmet than what they have now.

Utah announced it will have a black this year

Here is what I've heard it will look like

blackout2012.jpg

And UA was doing so well....

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Not even close. Oregon Rose Bowl is dumber. Miami Green Pr Combat was dumber and uglier. Northwestern Adidas one-off was dumber. Neb's Wisco helmets are terrible...

Thanks for pointing out those hideous Oregon Rose Bowl helmets! I hope those things never see the light of day again.

spacer.png

blackout2012.jpg

UA doesn't make the helmets....

True, but it is still associated with the company. By that logic, we should never blame any company for any bad design, because it's always the schools fault.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

blackout2012.jpg

UA doesn't make the helmets....

They commission the work, though... And an ellipsis is three periods people... three... that's it... no more... no less...

Nowhere does it mention Under Armour in that statement. And I thought I came on to a message board, not to an English class. I'm pretty sure spleen and I just typed out our thoughts and then proceeded to hit the period key a few times without taking the time to count it out...does this please you?

Thanks for pointing out those hideous Oregon Rose Bowl helmets! I hope those things never see the light of day again.

36ftjl.jpg

And thank you Mr.Grammar Nazi.

And I thought I came on to a message board, not to an English class. I'm pretty sure spleen and I just typed out our thoughts and then proceeded to hit the period key a few times without taking the time to count it out...does this please you?

hahahahahaha I love the unbridled vitriol I unleashed. Yes, it does please me. As a journalism grad and literate-American, I prefer when people don't make up their own grammar and punctuation. Come on boys, it was a joke.

We live in a society of rules and laws, and if we break them, what's the point of society? :rolleyes:

A0MJipYCIAAryhH.jpg

still not a fan of these... that means they will wear white 2 games at home, not to mention that one of the "home games" is played at FedEx field, and orange effect is the first game of the season at Lane... The standard Maroon jerseys may only be seen twice in Blacksburg

A0CAUOICYAAgTmP.jpg

I dont like those helmets at all... it looks like they have just taken the car decals that are popular in the SW Va...

They should have kept with the theme of the last two years for the white out and gone with the last few white helmets... yes its the stormtrooper look, but they look decent with these two helmet designs

I actually like the turkey prints... it reminds me of the simpler, more abstract helmet decals from the 60s and 70s; but I could really use an end to this "MILITARY, :censored: YEAH!!!!" trend in college sports. I'm all for supporting those who've served, but there's only one team in college sports that should ever trot out on to the field in camo and I think we all know who it is. If other teams want to show their "support," a simple patch or decal works just fine... anything beyond that just reeks of insincerity and pandering.

Well since it seems like were going all small school i thought i would post this. These are Grand Valley States uniform they wore last year for laker blue night and im guessing there going to were these again this season. Do you guys think they should were them again.

10155662-large.jpg

I don't care. And this is a thread about new 2012 CFB uniforms.

well GVSU got new helmets

7850912.jpeg

I thought those had been around for a few years. Either way, I'm glad they finally ditched those ugly, cartoonish ones they had when they first started winning championships.

Edit: I take that back... the ones I'm thinking of had blue letters (which I'm just now noticing the players in the photo holding). Either way, it's a very classy and "grown-up" look for a D2 team.

And thank you Mr.Grammar Nazi.

And I thought I came on to a message board, not to an English class. I'm pretty sure spleen and I just typed out our thoughts and then proceeded to hit the period key a few times without taking the time to count it out...does this please you?

hahahahahaha I love the unbridled vitriol I unleashed. Yes, it does please me. As a journalism grad and literate-American, I prefer when people don't make up their own grammar and punctuation. Come on boys, it was a joke.

We live in a society of rules and laws, and if we break them, what's the point of society? :rolleyes:

Ok a joke's a joke. But if you want to get on to people adding an extra dot to a form of punctuation on a message board, you might as well make it a full time job. Congratulations on your degree, I'll join you with my marketing degree within the next 10 months. I hope by then that puts me squarely into the category of the 99% of Americans who are considered "literate".

...getting back on topic, I really hope the Domers don't add stripes like these ads portray. That wouldn't look like Notre Dame at all.

Yeah, adidas is ƒuckin' up.

BUT:

ScreenShot2012-08-13at21149PM.png

See, I don't remember that. See, in my opinion, if you don't win jack sh¡t in 30 years, you're not special. Boise State at least wins consistently, Notre Dame should try that some time. That and beating a halfway decent opponent.

but THIS:

ScreenShot2012-08-13at21209PM.png

Is reason 9224 why I hate domers. The double exclamation point on the ridiculously idiotic and uniformed statement puts it over the top. Way to go ND, the most prestigious university in all of north central Indiana.

Archived