College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Really love Tulane's identity/look, so simple, yet so awesome. Surprised Nike doesn't take a bit more of interest in them.

not on tv and no fans. can't imagine why Nike would take an interest in them.

While I'm sure the conference had a lot to do with it, Kentucky football isn't exactly the hottest ticket in town yet they got a redesign.

Whoa! There is no need to throw us under the bus...but we are on tv every week due the SEC TV contract. So get your facts straight before you trash talk the 'Cats. Besides when we got the new uniforms we was coming off 6 straight bowl appearances.

No insult was meant by it. It's just that Kentucky is definitely a basketball school.

Cool! But hey we are finally trying to get better with the hiring of Stoops and Brown.

Not good enough to beat Louisville though.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just clicked over. At first glance it looked like Syracuse was playing. Did New Mexico get new turf this year? They usually just put checkerboards in each end zone. Arizona would look better if the mask was navy blue and they had a white and blue stripe.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Toledo looks good from far away. Up close it looks like someone washed their jerseys a few too many times.

At least the sponsor commercial was funny. Oh wait, no it wasn't. Bud Bowl> Spud Bowl knockoff. Looked like a bunch of fingers with painted faces and football helmets.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It looks like Utah State is playing themselves.

The sound of one hand clapping...

What for? I'm just saying that without the close ups, the two teams look a lot a like.

I think his other hand was occupied. LOL!!!!!! Or Utah State's were. He added an extra word.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Two college Fb games on right now, neither has traditional green field. Eastern Washington 's red turf and Potato bowl on the blue turf of Boise St. That red turf is just killing my retinas

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Really love Tulane's identity/look, so simple, yet so awesome. Surprised Nike doesn't take a bit more of interest in them.

While I'm sure the conference had a lot to do with it, Kentucky football isn't exactly the hottest ticket in town yet they got a redesign.

Whoa! There is no need to throw us under the bus...but we are on tv every week due the SEC TV contract. So get your facts straight before you trash talk the 'Cats. Besides when we got the new uniforms we was coming off 6 straight bowl appearances.

No insult was meant by it. It's just that Kentucky is definitely a basketball school.

Cool! But hey we are finally trying to get better with the hiring of Stoops and Brown.

Maybe not next year, but give us a few years and your ass is grass.

Now back to the uniforms....The more I see Utah State's uniforms, the more I love them.

spacer.png

Uh, both of you missed that reference, I was alluding to the Zen koan, "You know the sound of two hands clapping; tell me, what is the sound of one hand?" I was just making a joke about it being USU playing against itself. Not a joke at anyone's expense.

No. As long as Petrino is at WKU and not getting into trouble, UK wont even be the third best FB program in that state. Sorry...

Uh, both of you missed that reference, I was alluding to the Zen koan, "You know the sound of two hands clapping; tell me, what is the sound of one hand?" I was just making a joke about it being USU playing against itself. Not a joke at anyone's expense.

No. As long as Petrino is at WKU and not getting into trouble, UK wont even be the third best FB program in that state. Sorry...

Are you saying Kentucky is going to be like Indiana? But yeah right! Last year was a fluke because Joker Phillips sucked...but they will never beat us again. However, if WKU can become the 2nd best team in the state than I am good with that because that is my one of my Alma Mater's..the other will soon be GWU..

spacer.png

Be rational. Unless Indiana has a breakout year (which might happen if you've seen their recruiting class and consider their #1 QB missed 10 1/2 games with a grossly broken leg...[shudders] but probably wont because they're Indiana...) Next year, WKU will out recruit Indiana and Purdue as well. Good recruiters recruit well everywhere (see: Urban Meyer at Utah and Bowling Green).

Philandering aside, Petrino is still a decent coach and great recruiter. He will out recruit every school in Kentucky and Indiana (beside ND) if he stays for more than one season. Think of how many Illinois players recruited by Ron Zook are in the NFL. Two of 32 starting NFL running backs were U of I players (Mendenhall and LeShoure) and yet U of I stunk because Zook is a terrible coach. Yet he still managed to recruit, even while sucking at coaching.

I know a SHÎTTON about college football, some of this knowledge makes me sad. One of those tidbits is how many good players WKU is going to get as long as Petrino stays there. Kentucky sucks at football. Sorry, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but take a step back and look st the situation: UK is the 14th best football program (or - rather - 14th most attractive program) in a 14 team SEC.

You're a basketball school, just like IU. It is a sad but inexorable fact. And Just like IU, there is a chance you could become the second best program in your state, and an outside chance you could be #1, but it is unlikely when you consider that any good coach would probably jump ship for more money and to go to a school with more tradition (i.e. easier to recruit).

To paraphrase an obnoxious beer marketing scheme, those are the cold hard facts...

Archived