College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

"Fresh look: Air Force (6-6) will wear specially designed uniforms in Fort Worth inspired by the B-2 Spirit and F-22 Raptor aircrafts. The helmet logo is the top view of a B-2 Spirit aircraft."

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2012/12/competing-coaches-in-armed-forces-bowl-impressed-by-updated-tcu-stadium.html

Read

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Fresh look: Air Force (6-6) will wear specially designed uniforms in Fort Worth inspired by the B-2 Spirit and F-22 Raptor aircrafts. The helmet logo is the top view of a B-2 Spirit aircraft."

http://sportsblogs.s...cu-stadium.html

Read

Weren't those black atrocities they wore against Navy "inspired" by the F22 and B2? I hope those aren't coming back...

But where's the F-22? Those silhouettes all look like the B-2.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Is Air Force the home team?

Well they're wearing color, so I would assume so.

Also, those uniforms look absolutely atrocious.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Looks like they are. On the front page of the Air Force football page...

afa-120312-bowl-splash.jpg

For the love of a graphic designer! This is awful? Just throw some copperplate and images into a word doc, and put a stroke on everything. Jeez!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

ND putting names on their jerseys for NC https://twitter.com/...9301632/photo/1

A9xeOWYCIAAWwwZ.jpg

I never understood why teams don't put players names on the jerseys.

Then think harder. I don't agree with it, but the reason(s) are pretty obvious.

You ever heard of someone being sarcastic? Of course I know why they don't put the names on the jerseys, but I think it is stupid. Honor thy team! Well obviously they do honor the team because that is who they play for every Saturday.

spacer.png

You don't need player name. Numbers are the only useful marker on jerseys for either fans to see (no one can read NOBs from even reasonable distances) or refs to work with (it's a lot easier to know who's eligible by their number rather than looking at a list of players).

NOBs in every single sport - without exception - are superfluous. I have no problem with a majority of teams using them in all sports, but to say you don't understand why teams don't use them - because they don't need to.

NOBs are unnecessary clutter.

I understand your thinking but I will have to agree to disagree because of several reasons. 1) When I am watching a game on TV I would like to know the person that just made a big play and you cannot always hear the commentator properly (if you are at bar). 2) As far as aesthetics the back of the uniform looks bare and simply boring. 3) These colleges are making millions off of these players, hell the least they could do besides paying for their education is honor the player with their name on the jersey.

spacer.png

not sure if anyone noticed this year but in my opinion the numbering system has also been made slightly less relevant in CFB this year...while numbers are absolute, the proliferation of duplicates (even on the same field at the same time), players wearing multiple numbers in a game (stanford and usc come to mind),

Alot of big time colleges need to have duplicate numbers. After walk-on's Ohio State has more then 99 players on there team which means they have to have atleast 6 or 7 players with the same number

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Having "F-22 RAPTOR" and "B-2 SPIRIT" on the back of the jerseys is so ridiculously tacky. I mean all non-player-name nameplates are superfluous, besides possibly the team name, but this just seems extremely lazy and reeks of incompetence. It's like Nike's uniform designers are the KVWN-TV Channel 4 new's team and whoever decided to design this uniform is Brick.

Having "F-22 RAPTOR" and "B-2 SPIRIT" on the back of the jerseys is so ridiculously tacky. I mean all non-player-name nameplates are superfluous, besides possibly the team name, but this just seems extremely lazy and reeks of incompetence. It's like Nike's uniform designers are the KVWN-TV Channel 4 new's team and whoever decided to design this uniform is Brick.

I think someone said this was a local company that did this and just sewed on the Nike patch.

No, it's definitely a Nike uniform. You can see the seam lines.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived