College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Does anyone have ESPN Insider? An ESPN guy who covers Georgia posted an article about a poll regarding Georgia changing jersey colors. Really curious about the contents of the article, but not an Insider! If you can help, it would be extremely appreciated!

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/georgia/forum/signup#!/topic/1353349512-429-708

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have ESPN Insider? An ESPN guy who covers Georgia posted an article about a poll regarding Georgia changing jersey colors. Really curious about the contents of the article, but not an Insider! If you can help, it would be extremely appreciated!

http://insider.espn....3349512-429-708

It just asks if Georgia should wear their black alts more. Nothing too special going on it it. Lot of interesting comments though haha

No Insider for me, but I've heard chatter that Georgia will renew its uniforms next year in the same way that Alabama and USC have...switching material but not the design. This does include the possibility of various pants, jerseys and helmets. Richt said in an interview earlier this year that he'd be for the team wearing alternate uniforms in the future if they were unveiled in the offseason and not used with a tactical approach, like he had done in the past.

No Insider for me, but I've heard chatter that Georgia will renew its uniforms next year in the same way that Alabama and USC have...switching material but not the design. This does include the possibility of various pants, jerseys and helmets. Richt said in an interview earlier this year that he'd be for the team wearing alternate uniforms in the future if they were unveiled in the offseason and not used with a tactical approach, like he had done in the past.

tactical approach? didn't know that uniforms were part of the game plan for the week...either way I'm looking forward to the giant black flywire collars

tactical approach? didn't know that uniforms were part of the game plan for the week...either way I'm looking forward to the giant black flywire collars

No need to worry about the collars looking gaudy. USC and BYU have adapted the new template without any problems and I suspect Georgia will be no different.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

http://insider.espn....3349512-429-708

It just asks if Georgia should wear their black alts more. Nothing too special going on it it. Lot of interesting comments though haha

Thanks, I wasn't quite sure what the contents of the article were, and of course ESPN's twitter probably made it sound more compelling than it actually is.

No need to worry about the collars looking gaudy. USC and BYU have adapted the new template without any problems and I suspect Georgia will be no different.

Well one thing USC and BYU have going for them is that neither of them use a contrasting collar. Their collars are the same color as the base of the uniform. Georgia uses a contrasting black collar on the red, and a red collar on the white jersey. If they retained the contrasting collars they would likely be the oversized Texans style unless they went with the normal collar like Bama or the Patriots.

------Also count me in the crowd that hopes we use only a red lid. It would be cool to see the black jersey come back, along with some red and black pants as well. If given my wish, it'd look something like this:

(remember, only the red helmet)

When wearing the red jersey, only the silver pants may be worn

When wearing the white jersey, the silver pants are the primary option, but may be used with the red or black pants

When wearing the black jersey, the primary pants are the silver ones, but maybe (?) also with the black pants.

Well one thing USC and BYU have going for them is that neither of them use a contrasting collar. Their collars are the same color as the base of the uniform. Georgia uses a contrasting black collar on the red, and a red collar on the white jersey. If they retained the contrasting collars they would likely be the oversized Texans style unless they went with the normal collar like Bama or the Patriots.

Oh crap, you're right. I blanked out on that one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

In case this gives any hints about which helmets Oregon will be in:

116661-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Nike did use the helmet it wanted TCU to weat in the rose bowl shirts it made.

Weren't the shirts printed last year for Oklahoma State inaccurate?

Yeah I doubt that's what they'll wear. 1. It's Oregon. 2. They both have dark jerseys so I'd assume they just chose that helmet because it popped best graphically and contrasted well with the purple and silver.

Two t-shirts with the yellow helmet isn't enough to convince me that's what they're wearing. Like shaydre said, it's Oregon. Regarding what gdu said, I know they busted out the special rose decal but did TCU wear the helmet Nike wanted them to?

Nope. Nike wanted TCU to wear this:

TCU+rose+bowl.jpg

TCU instead wore this (which used the jersey, sock, and shoes that Nike had wanted):

86325970-tcu-.jpg

Two t-shirts with the yellow helmet isn't enough to convince me that's what they're wearing. Like shaydre said, it's Oregon. Regarding what gdu said, I know they busted out the special rose decal but did TCU wear the helmet Nike wanted them to?

TCU+rose+bowl.jpg

TCU instead wore this (which used the jersey, sock, and shoes that Nike had wanted):

86325970-tcu-.jpg

Did they ever where those silver gloves?

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

TCU+rose+bowl.jpg

86325970-tcu-.jpg

I don't think they wore them. They almost appear white in that picture.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

TCU+rose+bowl.jpg

86325970-tcu-.jpg

I don't think they wore them. They almost appear white in that picture.

They did wear them for the rose bowl and they were silver.

rosebowl2011-johnson.jpg

KKK_6280.jpg

I am completely drawing a blank here, but the BCS selects its home teams based on the higher ranked team right? If so that means Wisconsin will be in white, and with Barry at the helm for the Granddaddy, I'm going to put down Bucky will be wearing red pants, a staple under Barry at the rosebowl if away team. I hope they still have the jersey and helmet from last years game with the rose print, but for sure I'm saying red pants

Archived