College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they really needed to be replaced with something fresh and new.

Why did they need to be replaced? Was there a real reason or is this "need" just borne out of your general distaste for anything remotely classic- or simple-looking?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Why did they need to be replaced? Was there a real reason or is this "need" just borne out of your general distaste for anything remotely classic- or simple-looking?

Pretty sure it was his opinion that it was a desperate attempt to recall the glory days. There are plenty of looks they can go with that aren't over the top. Granted the incoming staff may nix any changes and go in their own direction.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's not like he's begging for them to go the Oregon rout. Calm down lol.

Colorado has tried modern before and it didn't work. The could go less traditional, but not a lot. A name like Buffaloes needs some heft behind it, not sleek and fast.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Apparently Colorado's colors are Gold and Silver. I, for one, wouldn't mind them trying to re-introduce silver into their uniforms. If done right, it could look good.

Yep, it's always been silver and gold. I think silver and gold would look really good, as long as you balance out the colors nicely. They could go to something along the lines of their old throwbacks they wore against Wyoming a couple years ago, silver helmet, gold jersey, silver pants.

jNTsTyQ.png

Apparently Colorado's colors are Gold and Silver. I, for one, wouldn't mind them trying to re-introduce silver into their uniforms. If done right, it could look good.

Yep, it's always been silver and gold. I think silver and gold would look really good, as long as you balance out the colors nicely. They could go to something along the lines of their old throwbacks they wore against Wyoming a couple years ago, silver helmet, gold jersey, silver pants.

Chuck. I think they would look great if they used a design similar to what you have with Rocky Mountain State in the NCFA.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

If you had read my post, you'd have known that I didn't mind the classic uniforms, but found the intent behind them to be laughable.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If you had read my post, you'd have known that I didn't mind the classic uniforms, but found the intent behind them to be laughable.

I wouldn't say laughable. The main intent wasn't necessarily to harken back to the "glory days." It was more to wash out the bad taste of the Hawkins era. The reason they went back to the old design specifically was because that was the uniform that John Embree (former coach) and some of the other coaches he brought with him, wore when they played at CU.

jNTsTyQ.png

Never thought I would see Kent State in a bowl game...sure it's the GoDaddy.com Bowl, but they were one missed field goal in double OT from the Orange Bowl. Heck, in the 5 years I was at Kent, they were never ranked higher than 100 in the nation. #25 in the nation was something that only happened in EA NCAA 11.

David Carducci, who covers Kent State football said "Kent State will not only have a new Gold bowl helmet, but a new bowl logo on the side of the helmet. One 1 or 2 people in Kent have seen it."

So I guess it will differ from this one:

9579315-large.jpg

A new bowl logo huh? Similar to how rose bowl teams add a rose, because its the godaddy bowl, will they add some chick teasing her goods and imploring you to go to godaddy.com to check it out?

That may actually get people to watch that bowl.

I am hoping for a new K bolt logo. Something that goes back to the old Kent State logo that I was looking to try and make for a concept. I cannot wait to see this! KSU Class of '99

Never thought I would see Kent State in a bowl game...sure it's the GoDaddy.com Bowl, but they were one missed field goal in double OT from the Orange Bowl. Heck, in the 5 years I was at Kent, they were never ranked higher than 100 in the nation. #25 in the nation was something that only happened in EA NCAA 11.

David Carducci, who covers Kent State football said "Kent State will not only have a new Gold bowl helmet, but a new bowl logo on the side of the helmet. One 1 or 2 people in Kent have seen it."

So I guess it will differ from this one:

9579315-large.jpg

A new bowl logo huh? Similar to how rose bowl teams add a rose, because its the godaddy bowl, will they add some chick teasing her goods and imploring you to go to godaddy.com to check it out?

That may actually get people to watch that bowl.

I am hoping for a new K bolt logo. Something that goes back to the old Kent State logo that I was looking to try and make for a concept. I cannot wait to see this! KSU Class of '99

That would be pretty cool, and most people are still familiar with the old logo since it is still on one of the water towers on campus. Class of '11 here.

70389454.png

I wouldn't say laughable. The main intent wasn't necessarily to harken back to the "glory days." It was more to wash out the bad taste of the Hawkins era. The reason they went back to the old design specifically was because that was the uniform that John Embree (former coach) and some of the other coaches he brought with him, wore when they played at CU.

And now they are changing uniforms to wash out the even worse taste of the John Embree era.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

In 2013, look for new uniforms and multiple helmet colors for the University of Colorado Buffaloes. They are a Nike school and about to hire a new head coach. The past few seasons they have worn a retro-ish look representing the late 80's/early 90's style they had when they were a top program. The only change/addition is that over the past 2 seasons, they have added a black helmet to go with their traditional gold one. A player with the team shared the info about the upcoming changes.

In 2013, look for new uniforms and multiple helmet colors for the University of Colorado Buffaloes. They are a Nike school and about to hire a new head coach. The past few seasons they have worn a retro-ish look representing the late 80's/early 90's style they had when they were a top program. The only change/addition is that over the past 2 seasons, they have added a black helmet to go with their traditional gold one. A player with the team shared the info about the upcoming changes.

I have gazed into the future...and I have seen a gold liquid metal helmet...because chrome is cool, man.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

And now they are changing uniforms to wash out the even worse taste of the John Embree era.

I wouldn't put all the blame for this disaster on John Embree, although he does deserve some blame. Mike Bohn (the AD) should have never given Embree that job, he just wasn't ready for a head coaching job. He'd never even been a coordinator. To quote The Office "When a child gets behind the wheel of a car and runs into a tree, you don't blame the child; he didn't know any better. You blame the 30-year-old woman who got in the passenger seat and said, "Drive, kid; I trust you.""

jNTsTyQ.png

I have gazed into the future...and I have seen a gold liquid metal helmet...because chrome is cool, man.

I predict half gold chrome and the other half matte black with a silver carbon fiber & gold chrome facemask to cover all of the trendy helmet designs as a all in one.

I predict half gold chrome and the other half matte black with a silver carbon fiber & gold chrome facemask to cover all of the trendy helmet designs as a all in one.

Don't forget the chrome helmet stickers!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Guys, Gordie Delini posted in another thread that Colorado isn't getting any new designs next year. The dude works for Nike, so I think we should trust him on that one.

I'm pretty shure he wouldn't be allowed to say if they were anyway.

I'm pretty sure he's not just going to lie to us like that though.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I stand by the QB of the team sharing the info. it was also reported by the outgoing coach last year that in 2013, the Buffs would get a new look. http://blogs.denverp...uniforms/23642/

"BOULDER —

Speaking to reporters Monday, Colorado coach Jon Embree said the Buffs’ 2012 uniforms will look like the 2011 unis, which honored the 1990 national championship teams.

As for 2013, that’s a different story.

“Nike is working on some things (for 2013),” Embree said."

Archived