College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Since you asked, it's a perfectly decent design when viewed in a vacuum, but not for Michigan. When Nike does a special one-off uniform for Ohio State, they at least try to embrace OSU's history and tradition and bring it into the uniform. You're designing a uniform for the winningest program in NCAA history yet there is nothing special or uniquely "Michigan" about this.

Hear, hear. And, for a "modern" uniform, the new elements aren't even that cutting edge or trendy, other than the matte helmet. That contrast yoke came in and out of vogue with FUBU jerseys.

So, it's tone deaf in terms of nodding to Michigan's history, and it's not innovative or forward-looking, either. It's just another uniform.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A-aD27qCUAAowqk.jpg

That actually doesn't look too bad. Probably because the dark blue compliments the flag colors.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Another view: A-WIp-yCQAERewN.jpg

I believe we are wearing white jerseys. I think red pants could really work here, but we will probably see black pants.

They seriously need to get rid of that weird underscore... it really takes away from what might be an absolutely gorgeous helmet (reserving judgment until I see them in action).

Whats the deal with Bowling Green and Rice using the American flag decals for a bowl game? Shouldn't they have done that during the regular season?

Well in Bowling Greens defense there playing in the Military Bowl

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Whats the deal with Bowling Green and Rice using the American flag decals for a bowl game? Shouldn't they have done that during the regular season?

Well in Bowling Greens defense there playing in the Military Bowl

And Rice is playing in the Armed Forces Bowl against Air Force.

A-aD27qCUAAowqk.jpg

The American flag stripe on the helmet is great, the logo is okay and the facemask sucks.

Out of all teams having a grey facemask, theirs works since grey is an official color.

The actual helmet doesn't look bad compared to a lot of others that have done the American flag motif, since the colors fit. But I still think it's ridiculous on any level.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

A-aD27qCUAAowqk.jpg

The American flag stripe on the helmet is great, the logo is okay and the facemask sucks.

Out of all teams having a grey facemask, theirs works since grey is an official color.

The actual helmet doesn't look bad compared to a lot of others that have done the American flag motif, since the colors fit. But I still think it's ridiculous on any level.

I did not know officially what their school colors were, so thanks for letting me know. I just think out of all the teams to honor America that the helmet stripe alone is simply beautiful.

spacer.png

A-aD27qCUAAowqk.jpg

I did not know officially what their school colors were, so thanks for letting me know. I just think out of all the teams to honor America that the helmet stripe alone is simply beautiful.

It's a different take on it, which I can appreciate for sure.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

i like the Michigan uni. come at me!

Since you asked, it's a perfectly decent design when viewed in a vacuum, but not for Michigan. When Nike does a special one-off uniform for Ohio State, they at least try to embrace OSU's history and tradition and bring it into the uniform. You're designing a uniform for the winningest program in NCAA history yet there is nothing special or uniquely "Michigan" about this.

Get off my lawn.

it reads instantly as Michigan, i mean its not that different from the new road uniform. the jersey colors are reversed and the helmet has a different finish. does anyone else in CFB wear that Titans-like jersey design?

Hear, hear. And, for a "modern" uniform, the new elements aren't even that cutting edge or trendy, other than the matte helmet. That contrast yoke came in and out of vogue with FUBU jerseys.

So, it's tone deaf in terms of nodding to Michigan's history, and it's not innovative or forward-looking, either. It's just another uniform.

i dont see why it has to be completely original and "cutting edge" to be a decent uniform. i can understand why you dont like it aesthetically, but if its just for those originality "issues", then i'd assume most uniforms out there you dont like.

were they trying to bring something from the past into this? i don't see it here. unless its beyond my knowledge of the school, theres nothing here that would suggest they want to do any kind of tribute. and how "innovative" does it have to be to be a decent uniform? again, i dont think anyone else in CFB wears a design like this, so whats the problem? its like you're saying a uniform should either be a throwback or a version of what they will wear in 2050. "its just another uniform" - yea well, its well designed. theres no flaws in it. every player will look the same. its the same template as the 2012 road jersey. seems like a perfectly respectable, good looking uniform to me that fits in with the rest of the 2012 season. i think the major issue here is that its just a bit of a shock that Michigan did something a little different.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

A-aD27qCUAAowqk.jpg

Do you think you could let just one gray facemask pass without comment?

Do you think you could let someone call a change in a uniform a re-brand without calling them out on it?

spacer.png

A-aD27qCUAAowqk.jpg

Do you think you could let just one gray facemask pass without comment?

Do you think you could let someone call a change in a uniform a re-brand without calling them out on it?

I'll try! :D Hey, what do you think would happen if we added up all the posts I've made about the missuse of the term "rebrand" and compared that to all the posts you've made about gray facemasks? I'm guessing we're looking at a ratio of about 1 to 20.

You'd have done much better to bring up how often I complain about monochrome uniforms. Or maybe about leotard pants/sox combos. Now that's where I'm truly annoying! :P

Archived