Steelers getting new throwback unis for 2012

scraw28

Including at least one gold-on-gold game with the Packers.

Wasn't this already stated on here 2 or 3 months ago in another thread? But regardless, this throwback is a much better improvement over the one they have been using.

video_140.png

Steelers-Hall-3.jpgwoodson_throwback.jpg

Yes, and a couple months ago the rumor was that they were bringing those very jerseys back.

At least I'm not losing my mind then, good. lol

So was this the one they are using?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too thrilled about this. If they would just keep their current jersey and put gold pants with it instead of white pants, they'd have the best alternate jersey in the NFL.

Yellow. Yellow pants. The Steelers wear "black and yellow". The Saints wear "black and gold". The 49ers wear gold. The Steelers wear yellow. Ok, sorry to be a stickler, but this is a common mistak made by Pittsburgh fans.

Carry on.

Not too thrilled about this. If they would just keep their current jersey and put gold pants with it instead of white pants, they'd have the best alternate jersey in the NFL.

Yellow. Yellow pants. The Steelers wear "black and yellow". The Saints wear "black and gold". The 49ers wear gold. The Steelers wear yellow. Ok, sorry to be a stickler, but this is a common mistak made by Pittsburgh fans.

Carry on.

This would explain why Mr. Khalifa didn't sing about black and gold.

LvZYtbZ.png

Didn't Wiz Khalifa pretty much set the record straight on all that last year?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Carry on.

And strangely enough, Iowa stole their exact uniform and somehow it's black and "gold." I learned from ColorWerx that what colors are called means pretty much nothing. But I get your point.

I think they should keep the throwbacks they have personally.

Steelers, Packers, Vikings, Redskins, and Chargers wear 1235 C. Saints and 49ers wear 872 C.

NOW you can carry on...

^_^

Yes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Road version:

194_Giants_Play_football_card.jpg

Close-up:

137_Marv_Woodson_football_card.jpg

Doesn't look too bad. I'm not sure how they'd look on today's shrinkwrap jersey cuts.

Also wonder how the nameplates will work.

They might not have a nameplate, considering it's a throwback. The road version is much better than the home though.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Road version:

194_Giants_Play_football_card.jpg

Close-up:

137_Marv_Woodson_football_card.jpg

Personally, I'd much rather it be these than the 30's set. These actually feature a pretty neat, unique design that still retains a classic look, whereas the 30's set is just plain ugly. I don't think any jersey of similar design to the 30's one for any team should be brought back as a throwback.

Also, kind of unrelated, but I think Pittsburgh should modernize that "kicking Steelworker" logo on the second card and bring it back as an alternate. I always thought that was a cool classic logo.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived