Pro bowl will be using Nike and new era?

OaklandRaider

What I want to know is how it that Nike can come in (technically) mid season and supply the Pro Bowl, and then the following week, it reverts back to Reebok for the Super Bowl. If Reebok has the contract for official gear all the way thru the Super Bowl and what we believe to be the end date of April 1, why is Nike already making a debut at all? Not complaining, it just seems like a very bizarre situation.

my guess would be that reebok did not want to make / have stock of pro bowl gear. They might have ok'd nike and new era as the pro bowl is not a huge event.

reebok probably opted out which opened the door for new era at least...whether that extends to nike being able to slap their logo on the uniforms would be in the details of the contract.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing!!! I'm also loving my boy Earl Thomas' Pro Bowl cleats. Thanks for keeping the Seattle colors!

That blinding yellow-green definitely isn't a Seattle thing. That's all Nike. :grin:

Look again, those have all 3 of Seattle's colors.

Yeah, but that eye-searing yellow is definitely Nike.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Those pro bowl jerseys are excellent. I hope Nike doesn't ruin them next year.

If Nike does get to go crazy with anything I bet it will be the Pro Bowl uniforms.

The problem is Nike will come out with something crazy and modern for the pro bowl. Then everyone will start complaining about how every team is going to have a crazy and modern design. Just because they saw it in the pro bowl. There will be hundreds of the "Oh I told you every team is going to look like Oregon" posts around here...can't wait

Those pro bowl jerseys are excellent. I hope Nike doesn't ruin them next year.

If Nike does get to go crazy with anything I bet it will be the Pro Bowl uniforms.

The problem is Nike will come out with something crazy and modern for the pro bowl. Then everyone will start complaining about how every team is going to have a crazy and modern design. Just because they saw it in the pro bowl. There will be hundreds of the "Oh I told you every team is going to look like Oregon" posts around here...can't wait

sorry but theyre going with last years designs

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not this year, but when they have the full sponsorship. They'll do crazy helmets, etc. Like Oregon for the Pro Bowl. And while I'm not a fan of Oregon's unis, I think it will be pretty neat for the Pro Bowl to look shiny and crazy.

I don't even think they'll go full Oregon for the Pro Bowl.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not this year, but when they have the full sponsorship. They'll do crazy helmets, etc. Like Oregon for the Pro Bowl. And while I'm not a fan of Oregon's unis, I think it will be pretty neat for the Pro Bowl to look shiny and crazy.

I don't even think they'll go full Oregon for the Pro Bowl.

Weird number fonts? New fabric ideas like long pants? Somewhat weird design on the jersey and pants? Interesting colors? helmets that look different depending on the player? WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I just don't think it'll happen. The uniforms will be out of the ordinary for sure but I don't think it'll be that bad.

Here's my completely off-the-wall guesses on why Nike/New Era are doing the ProBowl:

1. When the RBK contract went into effect, the Pro Bowl was AFTER the Super Bowl. The contract probably did not include the Pro Bowl for that last year (this one).

2. Nike/New Era paid royalties to RBK for a game they don't care about in order to drum up noise for the new gear. In talking with people (remember, members of this board represent only a very minor niche of people), many were either clueless about the change, or thought the fake mockups floating around last year were legit (*facepalm*).

Regardless, I like it. I'll actually watch the Pro Bowl (a win-win for the league, either people who didn't know will tune in, and those who do will actually have a reason to). Love that players are tweeting out pics of the new stuff like college kids on gear dispersal day haha.

Don't the teams wear their own teams' helmets for the Pro Bowl. They haven't worn non-team helmets in a really long time, so that will be a surprise if Nike outfits the Pro Bowl with crazy helmets in the future.

Are we sure these Pro Bowl jerseys aren't manufactured by Ripon again, just without the Reebok vector? That looks like the Ripon block numbering that a lot of teams use.

Regarding that Nike 'practice shirt,' I'd be willing to bet that many of the same people who are loving it would be vomiting all over it if the same design had a Reebok vector on it. I find that comical.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Don't the teams wear their own teams' helmets for the Pro Bowl. They haven't worn non-team helmets in a really long time, so that will be a surprise if Nike outfits the Pro Bowl with crazy helmets in the future.

Wow, I somehow forgot about that. Maybe they'd do a crazy version of a teams helmet? That's a stretch for sure, but I could see them getting rid of using teams helmets and go Oregon with it.

Archived